Sniper

Got Eggs, Milk and Bread? It's Snowmaggedon!!

Got gas for your snow blower? Did you test it to see if it runs? This is for you guys in the north part of the state!

Got toilet paper, disinfectant and paper towels... (just because) :crazy:

Guys like @YankeeSC can just sit back and laugh... You got beer?

At least this should take the focus off of he China virus, lockdowns, masks and vaccines for a day or two!

VNWIDQDJSFHAJD5GB26YMW4NIU.jpg

th?id=OIP._qByinD0slP3Sf2h-T_s4wHaE0%26p

th?id=OIP.JtXBU7k5CZ_eJBD-b36_NwHaFj%26p

• Informative 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Sadly I’m in between 1-2 and 3-4”. Wouldn’t mind a walloping. Haven’t been able to test the “new” Jeep in the snow yet. 

Put a plow on it, and head up my way!

Just now, Krdshrk said:

I do have to test the snowblower - I did move it out of the shed though.

Everyone might want to check their generators too... Forecasts are for winds mixed with wet snow... You know what happens next...

• Like 1

@Displaced Texan, that might be the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

Even after changing the oil, plug, gas and cleaning the carb/bowl my snow blower was acting strange (pulsing when throttling up and then dying). So I asked my way-more-mechanically-inclined neighbor to take a look. I started it up for him and it ran perfectly. Don't know what the deal is but at this point I am not included to question it. I have new gas and bourbon so I am ready!

48 minutes ago, Xtors said:

@Displaced Texan, that might be the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

Even after changing the oil, plug, gas and cleaning the carb/bowl my snow blower was acting strange (pulsing when throttling up and then dying). So I asked my way-more-mechanically-inclined neighbor to take a look. I started it up for him and it ran perfectly. Don't know what the deal is but at this point I am not included to question it. I have new gas and bourbon so I am ready!

Buy this and run this through the machine and did you gap the plug correctly?

Chevron Techron Fuel System Cleaner 12oz

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Buy this and run this through the machine and did you gap the plug correctly?

Thanks.

It was over the summer but I recall checking the plug gap when I changed it. Easy enough to check again. Also, I put some fuel system cleaner it in but I usually go light because the tank is so much smaller than a car but maybe that's not the right thing to do.

I'll pick some up and run it through just in case. Appreciate the info.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xtors said:

Thanks.

It was over the summer but I recall checking the plug gap when I changed it. Easy enough to check again. Also, I put some fuel system cleaner it in but I usually go light because the tank is so much smaller than a car but maybe that's not the right thing to do.

I'll pick some up and run it through just in case. Appreciate the info.

I run it through all the machines and it seems to help etc.  GL

4 hours ago, voyager9 said:

Sadly I’m in between 1-2 and 3-4”. Wouldn’t mind a walloping. Haven’t been able to test the “new” Jeep in the snow yet. 

Funny, I have been saying the same thing! Got a Jeep Grand Cherokee in July 2019, and have been waiting to test it out in the snow, lol.  I think I am in the 3-6 band.

I used to have a 2005 Trailblazer 4x4 with a locking rear differential. Was fantastic in the snow.  I assume the Jeep is just as, if not more capable.  However, it’s highway tires may be a handicap. 

4 hours ago, Sniper said:

Everyone might want to check their generators too... Forecasts are for winds mixed with wet snow... You know what happens next...

My generator is ready to go. Recently converted it to propane and have plenty on hand. (Details of the conversation are in the generator thread.)

I use to work at saint Mary’s hospital in Passaic. People shovel out parking spots and put random items to save their spot when they leave. I’ve seen this before in other places, but I never witnessed violence and smashed windows like I have in Passaic. Ruthless. 

22 minutes ago, oldguysrule649 said:

Funny, I have been saying the same thing! Got a Jeep Grand Cherokee in July 2019, and have been waiting to test it out in the snow, lol.

My stock ‘09 Jeep GC was great that year we had multiple storms of 3’. I wasn’t going crazy though.  Now I have a 19 and want to see what it can do. 

2 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

snowmap12-14-2020-1024x575.png

Isn’t this the same guy who is constantly high on his predictions and snow totals?  I remember following him for a while and his predictions always fell short. 

45 minutes ago, Zabuca said:

I use to work at saint Mary’s hospital in Passaic. People shovel out parking spots and put random items to save their spot when they leave. I’ve seen this before in other places, but I never witnessed violence and smashed windows like I have in Passaic. Ruthless. 

Aren’t there always multiple fights/shootings in the cities over cleaned out parking spots?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, voyager9 said:

Isn’t this the same guy who is constantly high on his predictions and snow totals?  I remember following him for a while and his predictions always fell short. 

Not sure - he's got https://www.WeatherNJ.com 

NJ1015 is saying similar numbers.

Nasty-Noreaster-20201214-v2.jpg

2 hours ago, voyager9 said:

Based on the years I've been following him, his predictions have been pretty consistently the most accurate of all the weather guys.  There have been a few times he has been way off, but some meteorologists seem to be wrong as often in the average month as time WeatherNJ guy has been since I started paying attention.  That said, where I live is fairly high elevation and ends up being worst case for whatever is predicted compared to places even a mile or two away.

Here's another map. I've followed this guy for the last few years. His predictions are usually pretty close. This being the first good storm of the season, some of these guys might be a little over zealous.

https://nynjpaweather.com/public-forecast/

https://twitter.com/nynjpaweather

Impact-Forecast-For-December-16-17-2020.

Gotta pull out the snow blower. Have a fresh keg and some Woodford Reserve, plenty of TP, 15 gallons of gas, a big ass generator, and a very capable truck if I have to go out. Oh, and plenty of ammo. LOL