Sniper

Got Eggs, Milk and Bread? It's Snowmaggedon!!

12 hours ago, Malice4you said:

Based on the years I've been following him, his predictions have been pretty consistently the most accurate of all the weather guys.  There have been a few times he has been way off, but some meteorologists seem to be wrong as often in the average month as time WeatherNJ guy has been since I started paying attention.  That said, where I live is fairly high elevation and ends up being worst case for whatever is predicted compared to places even a mile or two away.

My wife follows his weather predictions. He has been pretty accurate overall. 
He’s missed a few, but I think his track record is better than the local weather stations. 

1 hour ago, Displaced Texan said:

Just changed the oil on the snow blower and ran it for awhile. 

Purrs like a kitten. 

And I just phoned the neighbor kid to make sure he's available for snow shoveling tomorrow. He purred like a kitten.

We all have our own tried and true approaches apparently! ;) 

• Agree 1

Just now, Mrs. Peel said:

And I just phoned the neighbor kid to make sure he's available for snow shoveling tomorrow. He purred like a kitten.

We all have our own tried and true approaches apparently! ;) 

You’re so naughty. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

Having had 4x4s for a while now, I've definitely found that it's all about the traction.

Yup.   Tires are everything.   You can make it up the hill with your 4x4, but coming down is an entirely different story.

I run Blizzaks on my Acura.  I put them on 9 days ago mostly because my all seasons are end of life but I'm happy I took the time then.

On 12/14/2020 at 12:29 PM, Sniper said:

Everyone might want to check their generators too... Forecasts are for winds mixed with wet snow... You know what happens next...

I serviced my snowblower AND generator this past weekend.  Which is why I fall into the "1 - 2" snow" band on that map.

• Haha 1

On 12/14/2020 at 3:23 PM, USRifle30Cal said:

Buy this and run this through the machine and did you gap the plug correctly?

Chevron Techron Fuel System Cleaner 12oz

I always mix a little Seafoam in my small engine fuel. After sitting all year, my snowblower started immediately. 

04D6D581-2866-4066-8B01-DD68B80FB6EC.jpeg

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

I always mix a little Seafoam in my small engine fuel. After sitting all year, my snowblower started immediately. 

04D6D581-2866-4066-8B01-DD68B80FB6EC.jpeg

Yep !  I used the techron before it went away in the spring - ran it dry...filled with gas from the spring that has fuel stabilizer - and one pull start.  :)

17 inches in Sussex, I bet I get a little bit more just by being on the mountain. 

True story.  I was working in a restaurant kitchen(circa 1986), and I burned my hand.

I said "Fuck!!"

Anita says "Yeah, you interested?".  

So every time I hear "That's what she said", my answer is "Yeah, she said that".

• Haha 4

NOAA has me at 12-18". I'm at 1100ft elevation, so I'm not sure if that'll affect the total. That's better than the 18-24" they had earlier today. You guys complaining about no snow are welcome to come over and pick up mine. 

in lower Sussex County it's 19 degrees and the snow is very dry. Not sticking to tree limbs at all. (Birches are my barometer.)

And so far only about 3". So I'm hoping there's no power outages.