SMOKIE901

FLORIDA Non-Resident Concealed Carry Permit, CCW

There is no such thing as a Florida Non-Resident CCP. Fl only issues one type permit and no longer distinguishes on the permit between resident or non resident. The application for the permit simply asks for your address and it does not matter if you are in or outside the State of Florida. As a shall issue state, if your prints confirm no criminal convictions and you take the Fl CWC course, or have alternative qualification credentials you are good to go. The Fl course is offered at many ranges in N.J. The Fl CCP only authorizes you to carry in Fl and in States which grant reciprocity(N.J. not being one of them), it does not authorize you to use the firearm and your right to use it is governed by the criminal laws in Florida and if you are in a reciprocity State, the criminal laws in that State. All of the details are posted on the internet under Fl Dept of Agriculture.

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, SJG said:

There is no such thing as a Florida Non-Resident CCP. Fl only issues one type permit and no longer distinguishes on the permit between resident or non resident. The application for the permit simply asks for your address and it does not matter if you are in or outside the State of Florida. As a shall issue state, if your prints confirm no criminal convictions and you take the Fl CWC course, or have alternative qualification credentials you are good to go. The Fl course is offered at many ranges in N.J. The Fl CCP only authorizes you to carry in Fl and in States which grant reciprocity(N.J. not being one of them), it does not authorize you to use the firearm and your right to use it is governed by the criminal laws in Florida and if you are in a reciprocity State, the criminal laws in that State. All of the details are posted on the internet under Fl Dept of Agriculture.

Thanks of that good info.  I thought that there are some states that only recognize Florida resident permits. (Off the top of my head, I believe SC was one.)  Has that changed?

Are more states now available with a Florida CCP?  

To the OP, Gun for Hire will do all the work for you, including fingerprinting for a fee.  Last I checked, it was under $100.

Close, some states only recognize if you are in fact a Florida resident, but again the permit does not distinguish on its face between residents and non residents. If you produce a FL DL in those states that will not recognize unless you are Fl resident that is usually how it is done. 

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, El Jefe said:

I applied around October and am still getting the massage

Holy shit!  You are getting massaged? Damn, all I got was a CCW.

21 minutes ago, El Jefe said:

how long did it took you guys to get it approved?

So, the question is "how long did it took [sic] you guys (misogynistic for sure since women get them too).  It taked me hust over to weaks.

There must be something wrong with you application that they are investigating.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

So, the question is "how long did it took [sic] you guys (misogynistic for sure since women get them too).  It taked me hust over to weaks.

There must be something wrong with you application that they are investigating.

Thanks. Did you apply recently? 

And apologies to all members of the fair sex that applied and felt slighted by my use of guys!

I find the best way to apply and renew is to make an appointment at a Licensing center. They can do everything there while you wait. Fingerprints, and application.  I have a bad scar and they usually have to do my electronic prints twice.  The machine tells them right than and there if its a good print or not.  Before I got a winter home in Florida I took the class here and than made the appointment at the Licensing center. I got my License in the mail 3 weeks later. When I renewed I went back to the Licensing center and the women told me to become a Florida resident and she would than be able to give me my renewal right there on the spot.  I've never waited more than 3 weeks for my renewal to come in the mail.  I have 5 years left on my current CWFL. My next renewal I will be a Florida resident.  As others have said just be careful.  Your Florida CWFL isn't valid in some states if your not a Florida resident. https://www.fdacs.gov/Consumer-Resources/Concealed-Weapon-License/Concealed-Weapon-License-Reciprocity

I'm going to be in FL in June and plan on applying for my CWFL while there. Since the age of covid they are only doing them by appointment.

Does anyone have any idea what the lead time is for an appointment or a FL gun forum that might have members who would.

I've already checked for locations and the closest place to my brother in laws house is not doing non resident permits at this time. He's in Cape Coral. I did find a few other locations within an hours drive of there that are issuing non resident permits just wondering if anyone had any experience getting an appointment.

If you can find a law enforcement office to do your ink fingerprints you can. I work for my town and have been unable to schedule an appointment to get them done and am told all the time "we really don't do these but since you work for the town we'll do it get back to me next week"

Just tired of the run around and want to cut out the middleman.

53 minutes ago, brucin said:

I'm going to be in FL in June and plan on applying for my CWFL while there. Since the age of covid they are only doing them by appointment.

Does anyone have any idea what the lead time is for an appointment or a FL gun forum that might have members who would.

I've already checked for locations and the closest place to my brother in laws house is not doing non resident permits at this time. He's in Cape Coral. I did find a few other locations within an hours drive of there that are issuing non resident permits just wondering if anyone had any experience getting an appointment.

They've always been by appointment  Check the surrounding area. I'm in Lee county. I have two offices close by.  The first time I applied  we didn't have the house yet.The only appointment that worked for me was in the Miami office.  It was a bit of a drive but worth it. 

2 hours ago, EX Carnival man said:

They've always been by appointment  Check the surrounding area. I'm in Lee county. I have two offices close by.  The first time I applied  we didn't have the house yet.The only appointment that worked for me was in the Miami office.  It was a bit of a drive but worth it. 

how far in advance did you make the appointment?

On 3/2/2021 at 10:00 PM, brucin said:

how far in advance did you make the appointment?

I think it was about two weeks before I took the class At Shoot Streight in Ft. Myers. I started calling around for an appointment.  They had an appointment available in Miami the morning after I took the class.  Checkout this group. Lots of info there for Florida carry.  https://www.floridaconcealedcarry.com/forums/

14 hours ago, EX Carnival man said:

I think it was about two weeks before I took the class At Shoot Streight in Ft. Myers. I started calling around for an appointment.  They had an appointment available in Miami the morning after I took the class.  Checkout this group. Lots of info there for Florida carry.  https://www.floridaconcealedcarry.com/forums/

Thanks for the info. I want to try and get myself and Cindy in on the same day while we're down there so I'm going to try and make my appointments early if they'll let me.

• Agree 1

No Problem. It really is a good idea to go in person.  They do everything right there. Picture, electronic prints, and application.  They send it right out.  Its like one stop shopping.   Florida is so different from NJ. The state workers are very helpful and nice. My last renewal the women asked me way I wasn't a Florida resident yet. The're very happy to see their state grow.  

On 3/2/2021 at 7:18 PM, brucin said:

If you can find a law enforcement office to do your ink fingerprints you can. I work for my town and have been unable to schedule an appointment to get them done and am told all the time "we really don't do these but since you work for the town we'll do it get back to me next week"

Just tired of the run around and want to cut out the middleman.

Did you try your county BCI unit? I live in Union County and they were able to do my finger prints the same week I called. They did charge me $10 and you have to give them a money order. They don't accept cash. 

3 minutes ago, Bri894 said:

Did you try your county BCI unit? I live in Union County and they were able to do my finger prints the same week I called. They did charge me $10 and you have to give them a money order. They don't accept cash. 

No I didn't but since I'm going to be in FL I'd figure it would be easier to do it there but thanks for the info.

2 hours ago, EX Carnival man said:

No Problem. It really is a good idea to go in person.  They do everything right there. Picture, electronic prints, and application.  They send it right out.  Its like one stop shopping.   Florida is so different from NJ. The state workers are very helpful and nice. My last renewal the women asked me way I wasn't a Florida resident yet. The're very happy to see their state grow.  

I second that emotion. Very helpful and pleasant workers. Last year we went thru the residential, automobiles and ID process, one stop shopping. They even asked if I had  a FL ccw! I was a bit surprised, said yes and asked why. The guy said they could renew it right there and now but have a few yrs left. He reminded me to update my new home state residence/ address on line, took all of two mins. No need to change it either.

• Agree 1