SMOKIE901

FLORIDA Non-Resident Concealed Carry Permit, CCW

4 hours ago, ShootersShooter said:

What scores does the live fire part of the Florida license course require for qualification? Is the applicant limited to the gun they qualify with?

Roctraining has the course, pic, fingerprint card with local police there to initiate. they go over the application,  they recommend not to do it online. print and mail. Cheapest around in NJ. Highly recommend.  

Printed and mailed mine too. I requested fingerprint cards from the Florida website, they came in a little over a week and didn't cost anything. I already had a cert form taking the NRA Pistol class, and a couple of passport photos I got from AAA for $10 when I re-upped my passport. I took the card to the Mercer County Sheriff's Office for the fingerprints, no charge. Packed everything up with a check for $97 and mailed USPS. If you don't have any certs or photos or just don't want the hassle it's probably worth it to pay for the course.

57 minutes ago, bennj said:

Printed and mailed mine too. I requested fingerprint cards from the Florida website, they came in a little over a week and didn't cost anything. I already had a cert form taking the NRA Pistol class, and a couple of passport photos I got from AAA for $10 when I re-upped my passport. I took the card to the Mercer County Sheriff's Office for the fingerprints, no charge. Packed everything up with a check for $97 and mailed USPS. If you don't have any certs or photos or just don't want the hassle it's probably worth it to pay for the course.

That's great that the PD did that. Not sure if mine even does it. Now looking to do Utah one. 

Online status now says permit issued 8/2 so it looks like the delay was as I suspected. Background check didn't come back quickly so I went to the check it later pile until they got the all clear. My wife's arrived about 10 days after issue date so I should have it by the end of the week.

1 hour ago, brucin said:

Online status now says permit issued 8/2 so it looks like the delay was as I suspected. Background check didn't come back quickly so I went to the check it later pile until they got the all clear. My wife's arrived about 10 days after issue date so I should have it by the end of the week.

So how long did the process take?

15 minutes ago, Mikep said:

So how long did the process take?

Both my wife and I applied at the North Port Dept. Of Agriculture office in FL on 6/4 as we were there for vacation. Hers was issued  on 7/19 mine on 8/2 so both were less than 60 days.

If you're going to be in FL it's much easier to apply there as they take digital print and photos at the time of your application. We both submitted hunters Ed course for training. 

The personnel at the office were very professional and courteous as well as helpful. Basically the complete opposite of dealing with a government agency in NJ

31 minutes ago, brucin said:

Both my wife and I applied at the North Port Dept. Of Agriculture office in FL on 6/4 as we were there for vacation. Hers was issued  on 7/19 mine on 8/2 so both were less than 60 days.

If you're going to be in FL it's much easier to apply there as they take digital print and photos at the time of your application. We both submitted hunters Ed course for training. 

The personnel at the office were very professional and courteous as well as helpful. Basically the complete opposite of dealing with a government agency in NJ

Thanks for the info. i mailed it out last month, so at this point wait and see. Hopefully with the virus doesn't slow things down. Yes i heard dealing directly with the Florida agencies are night and day to ours here in NJ

On 8/8/2021 at 2:24 PM, brucin said:

mine was issued today so it 10 days to receive it?

If anyone cares, just did an online update, says fingerprints are ineligible to do a proper background check. Said I would be receiving a letter on how to resolve the issue. Oh well, just another bump in the road, I wonder if any of this is what our founding fathers envisioned. The quest continues.

46 minutes ago, bennj said:

If anyone cares, just did an online update, says fingerprints are ineligible to do a proper background check. Said I would be receiving a letter on how to resolve the issue. Oh well, just another bump in the road, I wonder if any of this is what our founding fathers envisioned. The quest continues.

Sorry to hear. hopefully you can resolve it quickly. 

Does anyone know an Ocean county LE department that will do fingerprints? I called Manchester and they said Indetogo in Brick, but that phone number is their national registry and I was told Brick does not offer that service, nearest they said was Oakhurst in Monmouth County. 

On 8/1/2021 at 9:17 PM, bennj said:

Me too, 37 days, 12 hours, 14 minutes, and counting.

I received my approval on 8/11 and I had a wrong question which I corrected via email. So 19 days to process, and now waiting for my permit. Another 15 days I guess.

Samian,

Couple of questions if you don't mind. Were the prints you had done in Blackwood inked? Can I ask what it cost for the initial card and extras? They were stamped Hamilton Twp PD, would that be the one in central NJ near Trenton?

Thanks,

Ben

Mike,

Nice to hear they let you correct it via email. NJ would have probably required you to resubmit the whole thing.

16 minutes ago, bennj said:

Samian,

Couple of questions if you don't mind. Were the prints you had done in Blackwood inked? Can I ask what it cost for the initial card and extras? They were stamped Hamilton Twp PD, would that be the one in central NJ near Trenton?

Thanks,

Ben

Mike,

Nice to hear they let you correct it via email. NJ would have probably required you to resubmit the whole thing.

Yes I'm glad I reached out before they would have put my app on hold and mailed me a.letter to resubmit.  They were extremely nice on the phone and chat. NJ is a different story although the PD in my town was very nice. But it took 6 months for my FID.

Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll take a ride down to Cape May and stop in to the Atlantic County Sheriff Dept. on the way. Will call ahead of course. Interesting that Florida took the electronic set, I thought I read they only take inked cards from out of state, have to re-read.

On 8/2/2021 at 8:47 PM, bennj said:

Did the online check, got the "in progress" too. Says they'll contact you by phone or mail if there's a problem. I don't plan on contacting them for awhile since they state it could take 90 days or more to complete, just hoping there's no issue with the prints since I'm sure everything else is good.  Good luck everybody.

I contacted them told me a had a mistake on the application. Reached out on the phone they sent me an email application and resent it via email. Received my permit in 27 days. 

On 8/8/2021 at 3:49 PM, brucin said:

The personnel at the office were very professional and courteous as well as helpful. Basically the complete opposite of dealing with a government agency in 

I received my fingerprint cards from FDACS in 12 days and had 2 sets of inked prints done at Lacey Township, no cost, walk-in, no appointment needed but I called ahead to ask about best time to go in. Very friendly staff on the phone & in person especially the young officer who actually did the prints. Mailed my application this morning.

35 days since they received my application, Online status reads initial review complete and says its incomplete and letter will follow...no mention about photos or blurred prints so who knows what that means. Wish they just e-mailed me about what they need.

On 9/23/2021 at 5:44 PM, Vitalian2184 said:

Do they carry them in stock in the local store or is it online only.

26 minutes ago, ShootersShooter said:

35 days since they received my application, Online status reads initial review complete and says its incomplete and letter will follow...no mention about photos or blurred prints so who knows what that means. Wish they just e-mailed me about what they need.

Call them they helped me make corrections with an email.

Just now, ShootersShooter said:

Thanks, will do tomorrow, appreciate the feedback.

Np best of luck. Just be very polite and appreciative. It might take you two tries but if you are lucky they will take care it over email vs snail mail. i received mine in a few weeks.