RUTGERS95

Budget Bolt Actions

Change of pace, have plenty of higher end and expensive firearms but I do like value as well.  When it comes to bolt actions, the field is awash in budget, mid range and then the creme but, have seen plenty of lower cost set ups do very well under 400yards.  Got me thinking and thought it would be fun to discuss who likes what, reasons why etc.

keeping it under $400 I go with the TC Compass

I paid $230 with the rebate for a 308 that is packed with features.  Stock blows but shoots moa, doesn't open up when hot, and shoots well across the sprectrum of various weights.

anyone else?

Just under $400 I think (it was actually a gift). But this was almost a year ago.

I like the idea behind the Mossberg MVP (16” bolt gun fed by AR mags), but I didn’t like the shitty quality of the gun. This fit the bill.

Finding a Trijicon Accupower 1-4 at Midway for under $300 was nice too!

Now I want one of those CZs you were selling a while back in 7.65x39...

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

Just under $400 I think. But this was almost a year ago.

I like the idea behind the Mossberg MVP (16” bolt gun fed by AR mags), but I didn’t like the shitty quality of the gun. This fit the bill.

4lctQTd.jpg

Finding a Trijicon Accupower 1-4 at Midway for under $300 was nice too!

Now I want one of those CZs you were selling a while back in 7.65x39...

Totally agree on mossberg but ruger is better product.  Ive thought about one....think its a future buy

Yeah in x39, cz way to go, not even close but 2x the money!

I've got a Savage Scout 308 I bought a few years ago for under 400 new.  Put a slightly used Burris 2.75x on it.  It shoots 1" groups at 100 all day long with just about any NATO spec ammo.  US, British, Australian, Portuguese, German, Lithuanian, etc.  Shot a 6/10" group with Federal 149 gr XM80.

That's enough accuracy for my purposes.  I will experiment with hand loads when I have the time.

• Like 1