Cheflife15

Do rifle bags count

1 hour ago, Cheflife15 said:

Do rifle bags count as a "container" to transport a 9mm carbine? 

Can we make some stickys with transport laws etc. 

a sheet with a string around it counts.. this is the relevant law... do yourself a favor and read the actual laws.. 

2C:39-6 Exemptions
g.All weapons being transported under paragraph (2) of subsection b., subsection e., or paragraph (1) or (3) of subsection f. of this section shall be carried unloaded and contained in a closed and fastened case, gunbox, securely tied package, or locked in the trunk of the automobile in which it is being transported, and in the course of travel shall include only such deviations as are reasonably necessary under the circumstances.

2 hours ago, Cheflife15 said:

Do rifle bags count as a "container" to transport a 9mm carbine? 

Can we make some stickys with transport laws etc. 

If they didn't "count", the club we both belong to would be closed for lack of members cause we'd all be IN JAIL :) 

You need some Special High Intensity Training...and going to league shoots and SHOOTING THEM instead of merely watching will get most all your transportation questions answered before you even ask them :) 

I'm going to advise you to study only the EXCEPTIONS & EXEMPTIONS, and not the original conflicting gun laws themselves.  Punctuation has meaning:  "OR locked in the trunk of an automobile".  As in an uncased, NAKED gun, sans trigger lock, tossed into the trunk unloaded, so it can get scratched by the other 99 guns bouncing in the trunk.  Once that deck lid is closed, the NJSP considers it (them) SECURE.  NO gun case needed at all UNLESS you're leaving the state, in which case you need to follow FOPA Rules.

~R

P.S.:  Treat me to some coffee some time & pick my brain.  Your fears will be put to rest :)  

• Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Old Glock guy said:

i don't know how many of you remember the old EF Hutton commercials, but when Smokin .50 (Rosie) talks, people listen.  

@Old Glock guy Now yer dating BOTH of us, lol!  Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

~R