Jump to content
Redeye65

Weshoot Incident

Recommended Posts

The wife and I went to weshoot in Lakewood this afternoon, the wife wanted to get some time in with her new .22 pistol, get in the lane, get her set up and stand back while she goes through a couple of magazines, while she was in the lane shooting three renters jump in the lane next to us, they get set up and I can hear that their first language is not English (no big deal), the husband goes through a magazine and hands the pistol to the wife. She loads up a magazine takes three shots and starts to turn around with the cocked and loaded gun off safety, I start to jump forward to get in front of my wife to block her, in a split second the RO slams into the woman pushing her back into the lane and proceeds to start loudly telling her you can not turn around with the gun in you’re hand.

The woman kept saying, I know, I know, so after a few minutes of the RO trying to get across to this woman, that what she was doing and how it was dangerous,  decided it was better to just stand with them and more or less give them a free lesson and not let them out of his sight. When he stepped back I said thanks.

Thank God for the RO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Redeye65 said:

The wife and I went to weshoot in Lakewood this afternoon, the wife wanted to get some time in with her new .22 pistol, get in the lane, get her set up and stand back while she goes through a couple of magazines, while she was in the lane shooting three renters jump in the lane next to us, they get set up and I can hear that their first language is not English (no big deal), the husband goes through a magazine and hands the pistol to the wife. She loads up a magazine takes three shots and starts to turn around with the cocked and loaded gun off safety, I start to jump forward to get in front of my wife to block her, in a split second the RO slams into the woman pushing her back into the lane and proceeds to start loudly telling her you can not turn around with the gun in you’re hand.

The woman kept saying, I know, I know, so after a few minutes of the RO trying to get across to this woman, that what she was doing and how it was dangerous,  decided it was better to just stand with them and more or less give them a free lesson and not let them out of his sight. When he stepped back I said thanks.

Thank God for the RO.

Just an fyi.  For everyone.  You all are a rso.  If you see something wrong.  Say it.  Dont be afraid to tell someone or that person.  Ill be doing rso duty at sjsc on 12/26. Say hi to me if you’re there. 

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2020 at 11:30 PM, Golf battery said:

Just an fyi.  For everyone.  You all are a rso.  If you see something wrong.  Say it.  Dont be afraid to tell someone or that person.  Ill be doing rso duty at sjsc on 12/26. Say hi to me if you’re there. 

^^^^This all day long and twice on Sunday

How shameful would you feel if you or someone you love were the victim of an ND and you hadn't done anything to prevent it because it was someone else's job?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I stand corrected, RUTGERS95 is right on, if you have the cash for initial outlay CJRPC is definitely the place to go. I'm recently retired, so still figuring out financials but would join in a heartbeat when possible. I'd wait until spring also, but not sure what the wait time to join is. They also have a small indoor range open 24/7 I believe. The facilities are really nice.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I joined a long time ago so not sure what the capital contribution is now but it's worth it.  I've spent entire days there with my sons just blasting away and teaching proper habits, respect, and techniques with/for firearms.  I've used the indoor range during the day when it's rained and at 2am.  It has 8 bays I think.  It's the best 350/yr I spend, well the GA season passes before sports took over.

The facilities are nice, no one bothers you and we all police it.  Every now and then you get a yahoo who thinks he's Johnny Rambo on the range thinking he knows what someone should be doing but you basically tell him to fk off and mind his own business.  On occasion, you get some group who see you pulling up and unloading and right when you are ready to go out and put targets/steel up, they will turn the lights off for shooting so I just say, 'he dikhead, what's your problem' and then the lights go on.   lol  (well once it happened)

great place

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember, one of the added benefits of belonging to an indoor 24/7 range:

You can carry unloaded handguns in your trunk all the time, especially since the reasonable deviations in travel have been expanded and codified.

"I'm going to the range, Officer"

"No problem sir. Be safe and have a good time!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should check out range 14. Its by appointment only, I  Like it seems a little more organized.

Everyone is pretty mellow . $70 membership and $ 10. for a 2 hr section per person

It works for me , The crew that work their are pretty cool  I always have a great  time.

And you get to meet cool people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Are they still taking new members there? With the influx of new gun owners, at what point do they become "full"?

don't know but I do know last year we were pretty low on numbers as they kept them artificially low per a discussion I had with a board member.  I think we've got about 1k members and the place supports about 2x that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been a member there a little over two years now.

New members are still being accepted, but it is still a slow process due to the wuhan flu restrictions. The guy handling memberships is only doing ten people at a time, I'm not sure how often, possibly once a week? I know @eyeinstine applied some time ago. My buddy mailed in his application about a month ago and has not heard anything yet. The monthly membership meetings have been suspended, so no recent updates. We can't have them indoors like usual, they ran them outside through the fall, but decided to stop due to the colder weather.

The indoor range is still 24/7 (minus a couple of hours a week for cleaning), but is at stupid limited capacity.

I use the pits more than any other part of the range and have always found an open one, even on weekends when half are being used for competitions. There was only one time so far that they were almost all in use, I think two were open when I got there.

I was very hesitant to layout the cash since I'd never been there as a guest/visitor in advance and delayed joining for a few years. My only regret has been not joining sooner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kc17 said:

I've been a member there a little over two years now.

New members are still being accepted, but it is still a slow process due to the wuhan flu restrictions. The guy handling memberships is only doing ten people at a time, I'm not sure how often, possibly once a week? I know @eyeinstine applied some time ago.

Yup, i applied about 2 months ago.. Still havnt heard anything. At the 1 month mark, i emailed just to make sure they received my application. I got a response that they did.. So its just a waiting game now i guess..  At this point im in no rush anyway. Its winter, and ammo is still crazy. Probably wouldnt want to go blasting through my stash right now..

The initial costs is a major decision in anyone joining. Its less than 15 minutes from my house and ive considered joining for the last 20 years and never did. Kinda wish i did back then when it was cheaper! The current 600$ initial fee (in addition to annual dues) is a big nut..  Im considering selling off a case of .45acp just to cover it to make it an easier mental pill to swallow...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, eyeinstine said:

Yup, i applied about 2 months ago.. Still havnt heard anything. At the 1 month mark, i emailed just to make sure they received my application. I got a response that they did.. So its just a waiting game now i guess..  At this point im in no rush anyway. Its winter, and ammo is still crazy. Probably wouldnt want to go blasting through my stash right now..

The initial costs is a major decision in anyone joining. Its less than 15 minutes from my house and ive considered joining for the last 20 years and never did. Kinda wish i did back then when it was cheaper! The current 600$ initial fee (in addition to annual dues) is a big nut..  Im considering selling off a case of .45acp just to cover it to make it an easier mental pill to swallow...

 

when I joined I think it was 250 or something like that.  That's a tough nut to eat in one year no doubt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rifleman said:

CJRPC is well worth the money. They have facilities you won't see at any other club in the state. You can be as active as you want. No requirement to help out but I do. A very good group of people. 

I'm heading there next week with the boys for some shooting outside.  Gotta get them some time in the cold to see the differences:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...