Sniper

You're All Going To Be Rich!!! Mnuchin says $600 checks will be sent out ‘next week’

8 minutes ago, Malsua said:

The worst part is I have to do hex first.  50.   Then I have to convert it to decimal, easy enough.   Then, since I know the special characters and such get up to 64 to get into the letters.   So I take the result minus 64 to get the letter.  If the result is greater than 26, it's lower case, so I subtract 26.  I then do a1, b2, 3c, etc on the keyboard in front of me. 

This is how I learned to do it 35+ years ago.  Now there's a million calculators, I'm sure.

I "think" last time around some people were delayed because they didn't get a refund and had to make a IRS payment. There was an IRS website to manually enter their info with was basically their name, SS# and 2018 AGI. My payment was automatic the first time and this time because I had IRS refunds in 2019 & 2018 which were directly deposited so they had my routing & account # 

18 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

I'm curious, you guys getting them; you're all retired?

I'm not retired, my wife is.  We both got it last time because she's retired.  If she wasn't we'd not qualify.  As it is we're bumping up against the limit.  Haven't got it this time yet.

1 minute ago, RUTGERS95 said:

retirees should have a special allowance unless a state or fed retiree imho

retirees should know how to reduce their taxable income.

14 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

retirees should have a special allowance unless a state or fed retiree imho

Except they use 2019 tax data to decide if you qualify for stimulus. We made too much that year.

14 minutes ago, Malsua said:

retirees should know how to reduce their taxable income.

That's exactly why I finally got wifey to retire, she was having fun working, and it was nice that she wasn't here looking to start projects for me to finish, when she was at work  :good:. But, I told her it's ridiculous to continue, and I was tired of paying .Gov., so I twisted her arm, and got her to retire.

So, now we're both retired, with lower income, but since they look back two years, we get penalized. Isn't the government wonderful? Penalizing the people actually paying the bills and being the savers in the country...  :fuckyou:

I've decided I'm going to be a "taker" from now on... I'm done being a "maker" for all these decades!

1 minute ago, Sniper said:

I've decided I'm going to be a "taker" from now on... I'm done being a "maker" for all these decades!

Me too.

Once I "retire" in a few months, I'll have essentially zero income.   I'm going to be on Obamacare and get my healthcare subsidized.     Zero income, couple mill in assets.   I'm poor, feed me uncle Sam.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Malsua said:

Once I "retire" in a few months, I'll have essentially zero income.   I'm going to be on Obamacare and get my healthcare subsidized.     Zero income, couple mill in assets.   I'm poor, feed me uncle Sam.

It's such a screwed up system. The ones paying in at the higher percentages and planning and saving, are the ones getting screwed the most. The ones living paycheck to paycheck, who could care less about getting ahead or planning for the future, get all the benefits...  :fuckyou:

I can hardly wait for Joe/Kamala to start means testing for Medicare and S.S..... and probably nationalize IRAs and 401Ks.... "for the children"...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Malsua said:

Me too.

wife and I are already prepping to reduce our 'assets' to zero although we've got some time before that

35 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

wife and I are already prepping to reduce our 'assets' to zero although we've got some time before that

That's truly the name of the game, but if you multiple sources of assets, it's tough to "hide".

2 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

my favorite in all of this is SS.  People complaining you don't get enough or take it early and then want more piss me off.  People have no clue really

That's an area that really concerns me for the future. When the median retirement savings of Boomers is under $100K, they'll be living on S.S. only..... Where the heck will you be able to do that in this country?

They'll probably want to live with their kids, but problem there, their kids already are living in THEIR basement.  :no2:

28 minutes ago, Sniper said:

That's an area that really concerns me for the future. When the median retirement savings of Boomers is under $100K, they'll be living on S.S. only..... Where the heck will you be able to do that in this country?

They'll probably want to live with their kids, but problem there, their kids already are living in THEIR basement.  :no2:

the  caveat there is the wealth creation that had occurred which is substantial.  Most of these people don't need 100k/yr as they've got no housing costs.  the numbers on this are incredible really. 

There will be means testing at some point for those under 35 I believe