45Doll

Elmer Keith's .38/44 Is Available

Hey @Pizza Bob, don't you hear this one calling you? Snip:

"Very fine, showing use by internationally known shooting legend and inventor Elmer Keith. The revolver retains 90% original blue finish with holster and edge type wear. Nearly 97% original case colors remain on the hammer and trigger. The Roper target stocks, made specially for Elmer Keith, are fine with a chip near the top (left panel), otherwise scattered handling marks and crisp checkering overall. The original matching number checkered walnut service grips are included in the box and show overall wear. Mechanically excellent. The box is very good with overall wear and some staining. The holster rig is fine showing flex wear, some minor handling/storage marks and tight stitching overall. This crown jewel of S&W collecting is a must have for the serious S&W collector!"

pix480096552.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Crazy 1

I saw that - just slightly out of reach financially. I'm afraid that this is about as close as I'll come to owning one of Elmer's guns...

29-3-I.jpg

Model 29-3 Elmer Keith Commemorative Deluxe Edition (one of the first 100). Beyond the standard model this has further gold embellishments and real ivory stocks.

But thanks for thinking of me.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Like 3