Bklynracer

Sportsman's Warehouse Being acquired by Cabelas

That sucks.  I love Sportsman’s Warehouse; much better than Cabelas.  They carry serious outdoor gear; Cabelas is a much more gentrified alternative. 

Some good news, they won't sell to NJ, That's why I said some, But at least Cabelas isn't buying all the big stores.

Sportsman's Warehouse
HUNTING SHOOTING FISHING CAMPING CLOTHING FOOTWEAR

To our valued customers,

A year ago, Sportsman’s Warehouse entered into a merger agreement with Great American Outdoors, parent company of Cabela’s and Bass Pro Shops. Effective December 2, 2021, that merger agreement was terminated. We at Sportsman’s Warehouse are excited to continue operating as a separate, independent and publicly-traded company (NASDAQ: SPWH).

As we enter 2022, we look forward to continuing our strong growth – adding more stores, improving Sportsmans.com, and expanding our product assortment and services. Our mission to provide outstanding gear and exceptional service remains unchanged.

Gear up for unforgettable!

JonBarkerSignature.png

Jon Barker

CEO

Sportsman’s Warehouse

13 minutes ago, Bklynracer said:

Some good news, they won't sell to NJ, That's why I said some, But at least Cabelas isn't buying all the big stores.

Sportsman's Warehouse
HUNTING SHOOTING FISHING CAMPING CLOTHING FOOTWEAR

To our valued customers,

A year ago, Sportsman’s Warehouse entered into a merger agreement with Great American Outdoors, parent company of Cabela’s and Bass Pro Shops. Effective December 2, 2021, that merger agreement was terminated. We at Sportsman’s Warehouse are excited to continue operating as a separate, independent and publicly-traded company (NASDAQ: SPWH).

That is good news!  I like Sportsman's Warehouse much more than Cabelas or Bass Pro.   I only wish we had one near here.

7 minutes ago, 10X said:

That is good news!  I like Sportsman's Warehouse much more than Cabelas or Bass Pro.   I only wish we had one near here.

Depending where your located, there's one in PA, Not to bad if a ride.

Sportsman's Warehouse
970 W Street Rd, Warminster, PA 18974
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bklynracer said:

Sportsman's Warehouse

That's closer than I thought--thanks for pointing it out.

12 hours ago, Bklynracer said:

Sportsman's Warehouse

Thanks for sharing that.

I've make the drive to Cabela's every now and then when I'm bored, so maybe I'll check Sportsman's out next time instead...

On 1/17/2022 at 8:43 PM, Bklynracer said:

Sportsman's Warehouse

Thanks.  Since i saw your post with address.  I decided to drive out there today.  Since im off of work for the next two months or so.  Soo its just shy of 45 min drive.  Im about a stones throw of pa.  Ican describe it as cabelas without all the bs clothes and other stuff. I should of been at shotshow this week.  But im a cranky no bs guy. So as my wife put it.  You probably woulda been arrested.  I dont do the mask covid thing.  Anyway.  I bought today.  Yaktrax. A sifter for seperating media from casings.  A leather 5.11 belt.  10 rd magpul 700 long action 300 mag.  700 short action 10 rd mag. 1lb of 4350 imr. Magpul picitanny bipod fde.   I went there expecting to purchase nothing.  But to my surprise.  350$ later.  These were things i needed? Just so ya know. They had all sorts of current pistols many rifles.  Mostly hunting.  Whole section of bows and boots. The gay guy at the counter seemed kinda pissy.  But everyone else was very happy and helpful.  Make it a half day trip.  Right around the corner is tractor supply.  Harbor freight.  And to boot.  Tanners was on my way home. Tanners is about 10 mins away.  If you haven’t been there.  Its a must.   Soo. Yeah make a half day trip.  I was surprised what they had.  Like i said.  Its cabelas without 50 percent of the bs. They offer a 5% discount for military also.  Its worth the trip. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, JC_68Westy said:

Bass Pro owns Cabelas and has ruined the brand. They will ruin Sportsman's Warehouse as well.

They would have, but this thread was resurrected on Monday because that deal fell apart.  Sportsman's Warehouse is remaining independent.

22 hours ago, Golf battery said:

Thanks.  Since i saw your post with address.  I decided to drive out there today.  Since im off of work for the next two months or so.  Soo its just shy of 45 min drive.  Im about a stones throw of pa.  Ican describe it as cabelas without all the bs clothes and other stuff. I should of been at shotshow this week.  But im a cranky no bs guy. So as my wife put it.  You probably woulda been arrested.  I dont do the mask covid thing.  Anyway.  I bought today.  Yaktrax. A sifter for seperating media from casings.  A leather 5.11 belt.  10 rd magpul 700 long action 300 mag.  700 short action 10 rd mag. 1lb of 4350 imr. Magpul picitanny bipod fde.   I went there expecting to purchase nothing.  But to my surprise.  350$ later.  These were things i needed? Just so ya know. They had all sorts of current pistols many rifles.  Mostly hunting.  Whole section of bows and boots. The gay guy at the counter seemed kinda pissy.  But everyone else was very happy and helpful.  Make it a half day trip.  Right around the corner is tractor supply.  Harbor freight.  And to boot.  Tanners was on my way home. Tanners is about 10 mins away.  If you haven’t been there.  Its a must.   Soo. Yeah make a half day trip.  I was surprised what they had.  Like i said.  Its cabelas without 50 percent of the bs. They offer a 5% discount for military also.  Its worth the trip. 

Glad I could help find your new candy store

• Like 1