Bklynracer

Any Bourbon/Whiskey Drinkers out there

Received a few extra bottles this year that I know I won't get to. Trust me I have enough.

Pretty sure they are all below cost. All sealed never opened.

Johnny Walker Blue 750 ml. $150

Makers Mark 1.75 L. $40 - Have 2 bottles

Johnny Walker Black 750 ml. $30

Willing to meet intersecting 208/287/23
For Legal - Must be 21 As I'm sure all of you are. 
PayPal or Cash. 

1st I'll take it followed by PM gets it

8 hours ago, bossnagy said:

I'll take the Blue

Johnny Walker Blue - Sold - Thank you.

Still Available below.

Makers Mark 1.75 L. $40 

Johnny Walker Black 750 ml. $30
14 hours ago, gleninjersey said:

You don't have too much whiskey, you have too few friends.  Time to throw a party!

This could be true.

This might be sacrilege, but anyone ever use whiskey sticks in their bourbon? I recently came across these and it seemed interesting (there's all kinds of these things out there).

https://www.battlegroundfarm.com/products/box-of-5-duds-oak-whiskey-aging-bullets?variant=42300367274215

A couple years ago I got my father a 1L charred (inner) oak barrel for father's day and it actually does work. I was thinking these might not be as good as that but might be fun to check out for kicks.

1 hour ago, Xtors said:

This might be sacrilege, but anyone ever use whiskey sticks in their bourbon? I recently came across these and it seemed interesting (there's all kinds of these things out there).

https://www.battlegroundfarm.com/products/box-of-5-duds-oak-whiskey-aging-bullets?variant=42300367274215

A couple years ago I got my father a 1L charred (inner) oak barrel for father's day and it actually does work. I was thinking these might not be as good as that but might be fun to check out for kicks.

I've heard of them.  Never used them.  I doubt they will "remove the burn" as that's the alcohol.  Higher the proof/ percentage of alcohol the higher the burn.

Life's to short to drink cheap whisky or bourbon.  Not saying you have to buy hundred dollar or more bottles.  There are PLENTY of bottles in the $25 - $60 range that are good to very good.

Half the fun of drinking whiskey or bourbon is trying different ones and enjoying what makes each different and finding ones you enjoy.

If you are just buying the cheapest and largest bottles than those things certainly can't hurt.

I recently picked up Wild Turkey Rare Breed.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.  It's a higher proof (120ish I think) so it will have more of a burn.  It may be replacing Jack Daniel's Single Barrel as my favorite.  

If you are newer to whiskey & bourbon drinking check out Old Forester 86.  The 750ml bottle is around $25. It's good.  Especially for $25!

Russel Reserve 10 Year is also pretty good.  My local go to store has had it on sale for $38. It too is very good for not too much money.  I need to pick another bottle up soon.

Thanks, @gleninjersey. I have been trying different things for a couple years now and have found some things I really like, though they are hard to find, e.g., Eagle Rare I've never seen in NJ and Buffalo Trace I've only seen at one place. Will check out your suggestions when the collection starts getting low. Have bought a few duds here and there and was wondering if whiskey sticks might not make them a little better should I choose poorly again.

At the risk of offending everyone on this thread... :) I was in Trader Joe's recently and, to my surprise, they sell Bourbon... CHEAP bourbon, but I was wondering if there might be any diamonds in the rough. Has anyone tried any of these?

20 minutes ago, Xtors said:

At the risk of offending everyone on this thread... :) I was in Trader Joe's recently and, to my surprise, they sell Bourbon... CHEAP bourbon, but I was wondering if there might be any diamonds in the rough. Has anyone tried any of these?

Not really.  Supposedly it tastes like a Barton.  https://thebourbonculture.com/whiskey-reviews/trader-joes-barrel-entry-proof-straight-kentucky-bourbon-review/