silverado427

Who can guess what happen in these photo's

7 minutes ago, siderman said:

Freedom Munitions reloads?

No

2 minutes ago, Longranger said:

Your first attempt at a new wildcat cartridge?  You didn’t have your glasses on when you looked at the size of the die?  Rule #1 ( or is it #2 or #3) - no drinking adult beverages while reloading! :D

lol

Fired in a gun chambered for something else.  

It looks like the chamber was too big for the body of the cartridge, hence the split, the nose of the cartridge extended into the barrel, resulting in that weird fire-forming of the front of the case.   At least that's my guess. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, 10X said:

Fired in a gun chambered for something else.  

It looks like the chamber was too big for the body of the cartridge, hence the split, the nose of the cartridge extended into the barrel, resulting in that weird fire-forming of the front of the case.   At least that's my guess. 

Judging by the size, could also be what happens when a .223 round is fired in a 300BLK chamber! Easy mistake!

But why was the split down so far and not just at the top?

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

Gacked up resizing die

Note the bulge below the neck mouth....I doubt it.  There was pressure involved here! I'm sticking with firing a .223 in a 300blk rifle!:lol:

I'll bet he missed the target with that shot! Still, I can't explain the split case!

A 5.56 round will not chamber in a .300 Blackout chamber. It’s too long  

A .300 Blackout will feed and fire in a 5.56 chamber with dangerous results. 

I think the example depicted is neither.  I suspect the wrong ammo in the wrong chamber but in a bolt action gun. 

BA3CA797-BDEE-4C95-A6ED-746F27BF271C.jpeg

2 minutes ago, silverado427 said:

Ok   I was shooting a 7.62x39 ar   And I accidentally grabbed a mag loaded with 223.

I was using a bipod so I used 10 round mags . 

IMG_0045.jpg

lucky you weren't hurt and there was not damage to the rifle.  live and learn, not the first and won't be the last

cool looking case though

4 minutes ago, Golf battery said:

Im surprised it loaded and grabbed it.  And the firing pin hit it dead center.  

The bolt was open so all I did was hit the bolt release. After the shot I dropped the mag and was like WTF.

I did have to push the case out. I eyeballed the chamber and barrel and continued shooting.  

Answer is above.....300BO in a 7.62x39 AR15. Same Magazine so easy mistake!  I have ARs in both calibers and Don't shoot the 7.62x39 AR15 at all since I like my AK47 better for that round!  Different mags so no mistake possible!