Sniper

Ultimate Play Toys!!

it's inevitable

AI will either feed the world and allow the greatest magnitude of sloth ever or, it will lead to the downfall of humanity or in the very least, a war that will make ww2 look like a kindergarten stick fight.  Imagine the difference between the 1% and rest as the middle class and lower classes become even more despondent as machines and AI take over.   What labor oriented jobs cannot be filled with machines or AI in the coming future?  What happens to the people with now work?

49 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

all I care about is what round will penetrate it because within 100yrs, I could millions of these things used as weapons of war. 

Or be used to cut your grass, clean your pool and shovel your snow. Plus, it will keep the neighbor's kids off your lawn!

10 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

What labor oriented jobs cannot be filled with machines or AI in the coming future?  What happens to the people with now work?

Someone still needs to build and program the robots. Think job security.

17 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Or be used to cut your grass, clean your pool and shovel your snow. Plus, it will keep the neighbor's kids off your lawn!

Someone still needs to build and program the robots. Think job security.

you don't know too much about this space if your retorts are what you think.  This space doesn't work like that at all.

First of all, those things you listed mean menial jobs are not supported which means a whole set of issues

Second point is false, AI will self program, build the bots, do the supply chain management, etc etc..

AI coupled with functional robotics is a game changer.  Think the internet 1993 right now with this stuff and imagine 30yrs from now.  Metcalf's law applies here big time.  Invest in this space, not easy to do yet but you must

this will literally upend the next century as it touches ever facet of our lives, including sex

49 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

Second point is false, AI will self program, build the bots, do the supply chain management, etc etc..

AI coupled with functional robotics is a game changer.  Think the internet 1993 right now with this stuff and imagine 30yrs from now.  Metcalf's law applies here big time.  Invest in this space, not easy to do yet but you must

You might be over reacting and a bit premature with the worry.. We can't even get a self driving car to operate correctly. Thinking that these robots will take over the world is Orsen Welles type stuff.

First scaling. These bots aren't cheap to build. Spot, the dog, is selling for $75K. How many you want? What do you think that full grown bot costs to make? It's gonna take some serious dollars to fund and build that bot army that going to take over the world.

54 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

this will literally upend the next century as it touches ever facet of our lives,

Guess what, we'll both be dead by then... I don't think it will be a factor.

8 hours ago, Sniper said:

Guess what, we'll both be dead by then... I don't think it will be a factor.

You will be downloaded to a new synth body but must remain working in NJ for eternity to support the Dems and pay down the debt.  If you were to some how die before being uploaded you still have to pay NJ's New Death Tax.  

• Haha 1

I know you guys laugh and I get it, but this is the one area that is the game changer for humanity.  This can go so many ways and have little doubt, few are good.

I am definitely not a tinfoil, worrywart kind of guy but this stuff is like the caveman finding fire

oh and if you could 'transplant your consciousness/soul' imagine the possibilities.  It's the 'omega point' after all. 

fascinating and interesting future stuff here

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, RUTGERS95 said:

all I care about is what round will penetrate it because within 100yrs, I could millions of these things used as weapons of war. 

Steel core 7.62x54R. An antique round for a modern problem.

31 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

I know you guys laugh and I get it, but this is the one area that is the game changer for humanity.  This can go so many ways and have little doubt, few are good.

I am definitely not a tinfoil, worrywart kind of guy but this stuff is like the caveman finding fire

oh and if you could 'transplant your consciousness/soul' imagine the possibilities.  It's the 'omega point' after all. 

fascinating and interesting future stuff here

Fascinating for a lot of reasons. Warfare is a HUGE one! Factory workers. Domestic help. 

iRobot will come true. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

Fascinating for a lot of reasons. Warfare is a HUGE one! Factory workers. Domestic help. 

iRobot will come true. 

I see way more upsides than downsides. Plus, if you get a rogue bot, a few well placed rounds will stop it in it's tracks. There's so many vulnerable spots to hit.

boston-dynamics-robots-dance-to-do-you-l

Just now, Sniper said:

Plus, if you get a rogue bot, a few well placed rounds will stop it in it's tracks. There's so many vulnerable spots to hit

In the current configuration, yes. Wait for the armored version. 
Cyberdyne Systems T-1000.

• Agree 1