scigone

Moved since applying for FID - Do I reapply

27 minutes ago, scigone said:

Hi all. I applied for a FID seven months ago and still have yet to receive it. Since then I have moved to another county in NJ. My question is do I need to start all over again and submit my application etc or wait? Thank you for your responses ahead of time. 

Have you changed the address on your drivers license? If so that will be problem as FID and DL need to match.

Off hand, I'd suggest waiting for the FID to be approved, make your purchases, then apply for a  FID change of address with the PD in your current location. 

7 hours ago, scigone said:

Hi all. I applied for a FID seven months ago and still have yet to receive it. Since then I have moved to another county in NJ. My question is do I need to start all over again and submit my application etc or wait? Thank you for your responses ahead of time. 

As long as you can get the SBI number to avoid having to pay to get printed again. 

7 hours ago, scigone said:

The old PD might not issue the FID to you if you don't have a matching DL, so stsrting over might be the most direct path.

The following is satire:

Go to the DMV and tell them you "lost" your license.  Get a replacement. Once in hand, change your address.  Have two DLs: one to match your FID when/if you get it, the other to match your current address.  Then you can sort out the change of address for your FID at your leisure.