Jonny B Goods

Has anyone wondered if there will ever be a AK platform (other firearm variants) similar to the AR platform?

Has anyone wondered if there will ever be a AK platform (other firearm variants) similar to what radical firearms, dark storm,  & tech ops has as their AR platform? I think it’s about time to introduce the idea of having more firearms that are non NFA firearms. Maybe this post might inspire a company with a new idea. And hopefully it could also get NJ state approval. Or am I just dreaming and it can’t be done? I have seen some AK’s that can detach the lower receiver from a upper similar to the AR platform. 

7694C72F-6FEB-4391-AD9F-AD029EA9A851.jpeg

1 hour ago, Jonny B Goods said:

Has anyone wondered if there will ever be a AK platform (other firearm variants) similar to what radical firearms, dark storm,  & tech ops has as their AR platform? I think it’s about time to introduce the idea of having more firearms that are non NFA firearms. Maybe this post might inspire a company with a new idea. And hopefully it could also get NJ state approval. Or am I just dreaming and it can’t be done? I have seen some AK’s that can detach the lower receiver from a upper similar to the AR platform. 

An AK’s front trunnion is riveted directly to the receiver. There is no upper and lower that detach.

Probably not. 

While one could certainly be made, there is no reciever extension providing up to 8" of additional OAL. So whatever the length of the recievers is, the barrel needs to get you to 26". With the stock removed, and a 16in barrel i think the OAL is just under 26"

On 1/1/2021 at 8:59 PM, Jonny B Goods said:

Dream first this way - we could stay with what we have in NJ, no changes to the worse please! No new ATF rules, no liberals trying new restrictions etc. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By RetNJ47
      Decided to sell again.
      Very light use shot less than 50 rounds.
      Zastava ZPAP M70(Tacticool Version) Serbian AK-47 with UTG QD optics mount with Vortex Sparc AR red dot.
      1x PMAG 10/30 round from the factory.
      5x Zastava 10/30 round mag blocked magazines.
      Single point sling- Unknown manufacturer.
      Asking $1250 OBO, Located in Toms River and meetup at FFL for transfer would prefer to be Shoreshot or Weshoot.
       Also have 1000+ Tulammo Steel Case 7.62x39 in 50 Cal ammo can  I can include for extra $$(no idea on price they are all over the place and crazy). Stored in can with dessicant and cardboard since purchase. Have the original box but it has a slight tear in the corner.
      First to post “I’ll take it” gets it.

• By RetNJ47
      Selling my Troy A4 “Other” Firearm 5.56(.223) with Blast Shield (faux suppressor) and BA Hanson profile 11.3” precision barrel with Silencer Co ASR muzzle brake.
      Had gunsmith remove pin and welded muzzle brake on stock 10.5” inch barrel. Upgraded to BA 11.3” performance barrel bringing OAL to 26.8 inches without pin and welded muzzle device. ASR threaded Silco brake added with 6” Blast Shield. Trigger/Feed Ramp polish job for smoother take up and crisp reset(for a Mil-Spec trigger). Only 40 rounds have been fired for testing and proper initial barrel break in using Modern Spartan Systems accuracy oil between shot cycles.
      Full list of modifications:
      -Ballistic Advantage Hanson Profile 5.56 chambered 11.3 inch Performance Series Barrel
      -SilencerCo Muzzle Brake
      -SDTA 6” Blast Shield
      -SBA3 Brace (Black or possibly FDE available)
      -Magpul Gen 2 BUIS and Vertical Foregrip
      -CMMG Stainless Gas Tube
      $1550
      Located in Toms River with closest FFL being Weshoot/Shoreshot. Buyer responsible for transfer fee at FFL.
      Still have stock barrel also if interested.
      **Eotech Not Included** if interested it’s an EOtech EXPS2-0 and I have a G43 magnifier w/STS mount and Surefire light with pressure pad to go along with it.

• By SleepingInABag
      Hi all, new member here looking to offload some steel cased Tula. $1200 for 3,000 rounds total in original unopened packaging; three 1000rd cases of 20rd boxes. ($0.40/rd)
      I am in central NJ and willing to deliver within 30 miles if someone buys the lot. Otherwise will meet up if anyone wants a single case.
      Buyers must be legally able to purchase rifle ammunition in NJ.  Minimum age of 18 confirmed by DL or other government ID.
      Will send pictures with timestamp upon request.
      First to post "I'll take it" wins the sale.
    • By MrAceJD
      WTS 7.62 x 39 ammo.   I have 4000 rounds of 7.62 x 39 ammo.  All steel cased.  Most are Barnaul.  Some boxes are Red Ops and Red Army.  Most of the Barnaul is either in a sealed spam can or boxes, but some was removed from a previous spam can and placed into ammo cans as loose ammo.   Spam can comes with an opener.  I sold my AKM rifle and no longer have a need for the ammo.  
      Please message me with any questions.
      I will sell the entire lot for $1,000 ($0.25 per round), so it's a pretty good deal.  For the ammunition that is in an ammo can, the sale comes with the ammo cans.  Happy to send photos and chat live.   I am in central New Jersey.
      Buyers must be legally able to purchase rifle ammunition in NJ.  Min age of 18 confirmed by DL or other government ID.
      First to post "I'll take it" wins the sale.