Jonny B Goods

Has anyone wondered if there will ever be a AK platform (other firearm variants) similar to the AR platform?

Has anyone wondered if there will ever be a AK platform (other firearm variants) similar to what radical firearms, dark storm,  & tech ops has as their AR platform? I think it’s about time to introduce the idea of having more firearms that are non NFA firearms. Maybe this post might inspire a company with a new idea. And hopefully it could also get NJ state approval. Or am I just dreaming and it can’t be done? I have seen some AK’s that can detach the lower receiver from a upper similar to the AR platform. 

7694C72F-6FEB-4391-AD9F-AD029EA9A851.jpeg

1 hour ago, Jonny B Goods said:

Has anyone wondered if there will ever be a AK platform (other firearm variants) similar to what radical firearms, dark storm,  & tech ops has as their AR platform? I think it’s about time to introduce the idea of having more firearms that are non NFA firearms. Maybe this post might inspire a company with a new idea. And hopefully it could also get NJ state approval. Or am I just dreaming and it can’t be done? I have seen some AK’s that can detach the lower receiver from a upper similar to the AR platform. 

An AK’s front trunnion is riveted directly to the receiver. There is no upper and lower that detach.

Probably not. 

While one could certainly be made, there is no reciever extension providing up to 8" of additional OAL. So whatever the length of the recievers is, the barrel needs to get you to 26". With the stock removed, and a 16in barrel i think the OAL is just under 26"

On 1/1/2021 at 8:59 PM, Jonny B Goods said:

Dream first this way - we could stay with what we have in NJ, no changes to the worse please! No new ATF rules, no liberals trying new restrictions etc.