Jonny B Goods

Has anyone wondered if there will ever be a AK platform (other firearm variants) similar to the AR platform?

Has anyone wondered if there will ever be a AK platform (other firearm variants) similar to what radical firearms, dark storm,  & tech ops has as their AR platform? I think it’s about time to introduce the idea of having more firearms that are non NFA firearms. Maybe this post might inspire a company with a new idea. And hopefully it could also get NJ state approval. Or am I just dreaming and it can’t be done? I have seen some AK’s that can detach the lower receiver from a upper similar to the AR platform. 

7694C72F-6FEB-4391-AD9F-AD029EA9A851.jpeg

1 hour ago, Jonny B Goods said:

Has anyone wondered if there will ever be a AK platform (other firearm variants) similar to what radical firearms, dark storm,  & tech ops has as their AR platform? I think it’s about time to introduce the idea of having more firearms that are non NFA firearms. Maybe this post might inspire a company with a new idea. And hopefully it could also get NJ state approval. Or am I just dreaming and it can’t be done? I have seen some AK’s that can detach the lower receiver from a upper similar to the AR platform. 

An AK’s front trunnion is riveted directly to the receiver. There is no upper and lower that detach.

Probably not. 

While one could certainly be made, there is no reciever extension providing up to 8" of additional OAL. So whatever the length of the recievers is, the barrel needs to get you to 26". With the stock removed, and a 16in barrel i think the OAL is just under 26"

On 1/1/2021 at 8:59 PM, Jonny B Goods said:

Dream first this way - we could stay with what we have in NJ, no changes to the worse please! No new ATF rules, no liberals trying new restrictions etc. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

•  

NJGunForums Web Banner Ad July 2021[74426].jpg

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By EKS22
      Excellent condition arsenal SLR 95   ***Milled AK****    $2000  with everything pictured       
      Opened to trades for bren 2, marlin 1895 SBL, FN ps90, DSA FAL, M1A ebr, tavor 7, Century PSL, s&w 686 4" or 6" 
      trades are not necessarily even trades. if you have something to offer on trade, we can discuss details.

made in bulgaria.  

comes with original thumbhole stock and the installed desert Fox buffer tube adapter and pinned magpul ctr stock.  It is currently pinned  using the aim sports magpul stock lock pin so the pin can be reversed. 

ALG AK trigger installed

Comes with original dust cover and Texas weapon system gen 3 pic rail dust cover installed.  Original polymer handguard and a khyber cheese grater is installed.  Also has a tango down grip.  Will come with 1 10rd P-mag.  

all numbers matching, all original parts. Put 50 rounds through to check fuction.  

im having trouble posting all the pics...heres a link to more pics.   https://imgur.com/a/lUEnreZ

feel free to text me any questions. i work late so you can text up to 1am   three four seven, four ten, thirty two zero one
      located in bergen county. Can meet at my FFL or yours, just dont make me drive anywhere near AC...it wont end well for me
      Obviously must have valid FID and matching DL.  Please be kosher.
      I have lurked around on this forum, but am active on the NJGUNS subreddit, same username,  Also have +110 flair on reddit GAFS

First to post "ill take it" gets it

• By Dooly
      Purchased it Brand New from a store last month! (1 month old and in original box).    It has NEVER been loaded and fired!  (...at least never outside the factory that I know of assuming since I bought it brand new).  Everything on it is factory.  The factory includes only 1 magazine but I have an extra that I can include.  2 magazines total.  This model appears to be out-of-stock everywhere now. 
      Asking $1300 - Buyer is responsible for all fees required by the FFL for the transfer.  FID + matching DL ID required.   
      I'm located in Bergen County and can meet at any preferred FFL of your choice within reasonable distance in or very near to Bergen County.  Cash, Bank's cashiers check is preferred (check obviously must be cleared first) or USPS MO's.   
      The first to post "I'll take it" wins the sale.
      $1300
      TROY’s A4 - .223/5.56mm “other firearm” meets NJ legal compliance with a pinned flash hider and features the SBA3 5-position adjustable brace,TROY SOCC M-LOK BattleRail, TROY Poly CQB FVG – Mandatory and TROY Control Pistol Grip, pinned and welded TROY Medieval® Flash Suppressor.  Included are 2 magazines (10/30 magazines).
      Description
      Firearm Type: “Other Firearm” Semi Automatic
      Total Overall Length: 26.5″
      Receiver: 7075 Forged Aluminum Upper and Lower
      Barrel: 10.5 Chrome Molly – 1/7 Twist Rate
      Flash Hider: pinned Troy Medieval
      Operating System: Gas Impingement
      Gas System: Carbine Length – .750 Low-Pro Gas Block
      Hand Guard: TROY SOCC M-LOK BattleRail – 10.5″
      Front Grip: TROY Poly CQB FVG – Mandatory
      Stabilizing Brace: SB Tactical – Not Pinned
      Grip: TROY Control Grip
      Bolt Carrier: Standard
      Charging Handle: Standard
      Small Parts: Mil-Spec
      Magazine: 10rd (NJ) (Included 2 magazines)

• By SheriffOfficer1727
      S&W SD9VE FOR SALE. Less than 200 rounds have passed through this pistol. All parts are original from the factory. Any abrasions are cosmetic only. Comes with (2) 10 round mags. 
      Cabela's is selling new for $379.99
      I am selling for $300.00. Willing to travel to any northern or central NJ gun dealer for transfers. 
      The first to post "I'll take it" wins the sale.

Item is sold pending payment.

• By SheriffOfficer1727
      Springfield XD40 for sale with (6) 10 round magazines. This pistol has never been fired despite having some scratches and abrasions from various optics I have taken on and off of the rails. Original case NOT included.
      Willing to travel to any northern or central region gun dealer for transaction.
      $450.00
      First person to write "I'll take it" will win the sale.