Jonny B Goods

Has anyone wondered if there will ever be a AK platform (other firearm variants) similar to the AR platform?

Has anyone wondered if there will ever be a AK platform (other firearm variants) similar to what radical firearms, dark storm,  & tech ops has as their AR platform? I think it’s about time to introduce the idea of having more firearms that are non NFA firearms. Maybe this post might inspire a company with a new idea. And hopefully it could also get NJ state approval. Or am I just dreaming and it can’t be done? I have seen some AK’s that can detach the lower receiver from a upper similar to the AR platform. 

7694C72F-6FEB-4391-AD9F-AD029EA9A851.jpeg

1 hour ago, Jonny B Goods said:

Has anyone wondered if there will ever be a AK platform (other firearm variants) similar to what radical firearms, dark storm,  & tech ops has as their AR platform? I think it’s about time to introduce the idea of having more firearms that are non NFA firearms. Maybe this post might inspire a company with a new idea. And hopefully it could also get NJ state approval. Or am I just dreaming and it can’t be done? I have seen some AK’s that can detach the lower receiver from a upper similar to the AR platform. 

An AK’s front trunnion is riveted directly to the receiver. There is no upper and lower that detach.

Probably not. 

While one could certainly be made, there is no reciever extension providing up to 8" of additional OAL. So whatever the length of the recievers is, the barrel needs to get you to 26". With the stock removed, and a 16in barrel i think the OAL is just under 26"

On 1/1/2021 at 8:59 PM, Jonny B Goods said:

Dream first this way - we could stay with what we have in NJ, no changes to the worse please! No new ATF rules, no liberals trying new restrictions etc. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• NJ Gun Forums Web Banner Dec 2020.jpg

•  

000300X250.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By Dooly
      Purchased it Brand New from a store last month! (1 month old and in original box).    It has NEVER been loaded and fired!  (...at least never outside the factory that I know of assuming since I bought it brand new).  Everything on it is factory.  The factory includes only 1 magazine but I have an extra that I can include.  2 magazines total.  This model appears to be out-of-stock everywhere now. 
      Asking $1300 - Buyer is responsible for all fees required by the FFL for the transfer.  FID + matching DL ID required.   
      I'm located in Bergen County and can meet at any preferred FFL of your choice within reasonable distance in or very near to Bergen County.  Cash, Bank's cashiers check is preferred (check obviously must be cleared first) or USPS MO's.   
      The first to post "I'll take it" wins the sale.
      $1300
      TROY’s A4 - .223/5.56mm “other firearm” meets NJ legal compliance with a pinned flash hider and features the SBA3 5-position adjustable brace,TROY SOCC M-LOK BattleRail, TROY Poly CQB FVG – Mandatory and TROY Control Pistol Grip, pinned and welded TROY Medieval® Flash Suppressor.  Included are 2 magazines (10/30 magazines).
      Description
      Firearm Type: “Other Firearm” Semi Automatic
      Total Overall Length: 26.5″
      Receiver: 7075 Forged Aluminum Upper and Lower
      Barrel: 10.5 Chrome Molly – 1/7 Twist Rate
      Flash Hider: pinned Troy Medieval
      Operating System: Gas Impingement
      Gas System: Carbine Length – .750 Low-Pro Gas Block
      Hand Guard: TROY SOCC M-LOK BattleRail – 10.5″
      Front Grip: TROY Poly CQB FVG – Mandatory
      Stabilizing Brace: SB Tactical – Not Pinned
      Grip: TROY Control Grip
      Bolt Carrier: Standard
      Charging Handle: Standard
      Small Parts: Mil-Spec
      Magazine: 10rd (NJ) (Included 2 magazines)

• By SheriffOfficer1727
      S&W SD9VE FOR SALE. Less than 200 rounds have passed through this pistol. All parts are original from the factory. Any abrasions are cosmetic only. Comes with (2) 10 round mags. 
      Cabela's is selling new for $379.99
      I am selling for $300.00. Willing to travel to any northern or central NJ gun dealer for transfers. 
      The first to post "I'll take it" wins the sale.

Item is sold pending payment.

• By SheriffOfficer1727
      Springfield XD40 for sale with (6) 10 round magazines. This pistol has never been fired despite having some scratches and abrasions from various optics I have taken on and off of the rails. Original case NOT included.
      Willing to travel to any northern or central region gun dealer for transaction.
      $450.00
      First person to write "I'll take it" will win the sale.

• By My1stGlock
      For those that are still looking for 10 round OEM Glock mags for their G17 or G19. Not retail boxed but brand new. Big Tex is GTG. Ordered them last time they were on sale.
      https://www.bigtexoutdoors.com/product/oem-glock-10rd-mags-2/

• By Maksim
      Wanted to be the first to say "Hello and Welcome" to the latest NJGF community member, Ed  @Dark Storm Industries.
      While many of you may already be familiar, for those that are not, DSI is a leader in the compliant rifle space, making the best out of a mediocre situation.
      One of the most recent firearms is the new Non-NFA firearm that was blessed for NJ and for which there is a specific NJSP letter.
      If you have not done so already, check out the dedicated NJ web page, https://www.dark-storm.com/new-jersey/  to see a copy of the letter and all of the NJ compliant models.
      I am looking forward to thoroughly testing one of the rifles in the immediate future!
      Welcome Ed and thank you for supporting the community.
      Make sure to take a look at DSI rifles at your local dealer and make sure to ask them to carry DSI guns if they are not doing so already!
    • Absolutely an AR15.  Don't buy junk. There is tons of information on buying your first AR if you search for it.  If you are handy, build your own AR15 with quality parts, you will know and understand your rifle better if you built it!  Good luck. "ease of acquiring and cost of ammunition" You're a little late for that one!
    • I’ve started looking into buying a rifle and would appreciate others’ opinions on what to look for when picking one. I am currently using the following criteria: - primary use is home defense - secondary use is range training (I’m in Sussex county, considering rtsponline.com as training facility) - ease of acquiring and cost of ammunition   The first thing that popped up for me was AR 15 (and variants), since I’d imagine that is a very common rifle. Are there additional details I should be considering when picking a rifle? All comments and suggestions will be much appreciated.
    • There is an entire subform on this topic. 
    • Factory Ammo:    20 Rounds Each  Box                                                           Federal XM80C 7.62 NATO 149 Gr.  11 boxes  $14.00 each      PMC Bronze .308  147 Gr. FMJBT  12 boxes  $14.00 each The first to post “I’ll take it” wins the sale followed by PM to confirm. DL required. Located in Morris Plains 07950 area, Morris County.