Jump to content
silverado427

How about something different for a change.

Recommended Posts

She certainly has some talent. And  some amazing balance.

1 hour ago, RUTGERS95 said:

meh, only cool cause today's kids are such panzies they don't do bmx tricks any longer as they ride those giant fag bikes.

Yeah, but today's kids have thumbs of steel.

I'd bet half of Gen Z probably doesn't even know how to ride a two wheeler without training wheels.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kevin125 said:

Whatever that activity is called....it ain’t for guys. 

Ha.... just make sure you don't land on the cross bar. Your voice will change by a few octaves.. :crazy:

Hell, as kids, we lived on our bikes, did all types of tricks and jumps and had some spectacular crashes. I rarely ever see any kids out on bikes in the neighborhood now. As a matter of fact, I rarely see any kids outside playing anything.... Period....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looked like she only put her foot down once to catch her balance, impressive.

Only thing that could have made that video better was if she wore a bikini.

Same here in my neighborhood, we don't see any kids playing out side, when my nephew whines about not having the latest and greatest what ever, I remind him of the two toys I had growing up, a bike and a stickball bat, thank god the other kids on my street had tennis balls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Redeye65 said:

Same here in my neighborhood, we don't see any kids playing out side, when my nephew whines about not having the latest and greatest what ever, I remind him of the two toys I had growing up, a bike and a stickball bat, thank god the other kids on my street had tennis balls.

This is pretty much all neighborhoods, never see kids out, maybe walking a dog.

I think most kids even know what a stickball bat is, remember as a kid my mom always yell at me for taking the broomstick. Hell we used to play with bottle caps, anyone remember Skullys or as we called it skeelzes? Did I spell that right.

As far as having the lastest and greatest, Kids today are spoiled, part if the problem is parents, their to busy for their  kids, it's part of the society we live in now.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At first I thought it was gonna be a video of her riding in circles on a bike. I was ok with this.

She does have some impressive skills.

 

And what is this "playing outside" thing you old farts keep talking about? What self respecting kid would give up Xbox, netflix, and phone use to be outside in the dirt and sun?

 

Actually i blame the playground equipment. Remember metal slides higher than 4 feet? Remember *metal* playground equipment?  Now its all 3' tall plastic crap, no wonder kids don't wanna play outside. Lawyers and Karens ruined the outdoors.  Watching the brighly colored primary color paint dry on the playground would be more entertaining than using the playground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playground?

I grew up playing with Army men on a dirt hill with firecrackers. Then advanced to Mattel Machineguns in the woods playing "war". Then it was Wiffle Ball and football in the neighbor's yard. Of course, in the winter, it was snow ball fights with built fort igloos and sledding down the unplowed main street.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, PK90 said:

Playground?

I grew up playing with Army men on a dirt hill with firecrackers. Then advanced to Mattel Machineguns in the woods playing "war". Then it was Wiffle Ball and football in the neighbor's yard. Of course, in the winter, it was snow ball fights with built fort igloos and sledding down the unplowed main street.

Do the neighborhood kids that don't play outside talk amongst themselves in hushed tones to not to let the baseball get onto Old Man PK90's yard, or else he'll come out to the porch and yell about 'getting off his lawn, you damned kids!' before rambling on about walking to school uphill both ways in the snow in bare feet?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bklynracer said:

As far as having the lastest and greatest, Kids today are spoiled, part ALL of the problem is parents, their to busy for their  kids, it's part of the society we live in now.

FIFY

Parents today don't want to deal with their kids, so they give them the newest electronic gadget to pacify them. Watch parents giving their 18 month old toddler their phone while shopping, to shut them up is pathetic.

Then for the school aged kids, give them their iPad babysitter, so the parents have the freedom to update their own Facebook status, without interruption... :crazy:

Send the kids out to play in the yard??? Really,... that means the mom's need to cut the umbilical cord still attached to the 10 year old.  :scratchhead:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, NickySantoro said:

If it turns out there is reincarnation, after I die I want to come back as that bicycle seat.

?

Ya know, you could have wished to come back as her boyfriend.

  • Haha 4
  • FacePalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2021 at 12:02 AM, Sniper said:

Ha.... just make sure you don't land on the cross bar. Your voice will change by a few octaves.. :crazy:

Hell, as kids, we lived on our bikes, did all types of tricks and jumps and had some spectacular crashes. I rarely ever see any kids out on bikes in the neighborhood now. As a matter of fact, I rarely see any kids outside playing anything.... Period....

As kids, we often used our bikes as a mode of transportation.  We lived in the "village" of Franklin Park and took our bikes to the Princeton Shopping Center to do our Christmas shopping (before there was a Quaker Bridge Mall).  Kids now have a choice between a moped, golf cart, or an off-road trail bike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dilbert1967 said:

As kids, we often used our bikes as a mode of transportation.  We lived in the "village" of Franklin Park and took our bikes to the Princeton Shopping Center to do our Christmas shopping (before there was a Quaker Bridge Mall).  Kids now have a choice between a moped, golf cart, or an off-road trail bike.

The choice now for the kids is either Dad or Mom drive them there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2021 at 1:44 PM, PK90 said:

Playground?

I grew up playing with Army men on a dirt hill with firecrackers. Then advanced to Mattel Machineguns in the woods playing "war". Then it was Wiffle Ball and football in the neighbor's yard. Of course, in the winter, it was snow ball fights with built fort igloos and sledding down the unplowed main street.

This...    but we upgraded to bottle rockets at about grade 6...

Some of the igloos were pretty cool. Sucked when we came outside the next morning and they collapsed because it warmed up.  I think I recall one time we had two connected with a tunnel.

@Sniper   Bikes were essential. In Jersey City back in the late 60s early 70s, we rode bikes everywhere. I lived near the border with Bayonne but we took them to Journal Square....what we called ..the Long Docks on theNew York Harbor... Bayonne Park.  Even way out near the Bayonne Bridge.  That was pretty far as I recall.  Ride from parents?  Only when they made us do it.  We preferred bikes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...