CPRPE

1911 Suggestions

I called Sarco yesterday and they still quoted me $379.99 for the RIA Standard 1911 and the Tactical for $449.99 so I'll be visiting them this week to check them out.

Can't beat that.

Hey that's pretty good. I was quoted more at another place, they wanted $430 for the standard.

I handled the Rock Island 1911's and they have to be the biggest pieces of garbage ever. Grainy action, I had to work the slide release with 2 hands to get it to go. Even the salesman was telling me the guns are garbage. The alloys they use to cast the safety levers is crap, too. The salesman told me people were returning them, specifically the Tactical model, because the levers were cracking.

The money spent on a Rock Island 1911 and all of the mods and gunsmithing it'll take to make it a good gun is close to the full price of a QUALITY 1911. Save your money.

YMMV.

I called Sarco yesterday and they still quoted me $379.99 for the RIA Standard 1911 and the Tactical for $449.99 so I'll be visiting them this week to check them out.

Can't beat that.

Hey that's pretty good. I was quoted more at another place, they wanted $430 for the standard.

I handled the Rock Island 1911's and they have to be the biggest pieces of garbage ever. Grainy action, I had to work the slide release with 2 hands to get it to go. Even the salesman was telling me the guns are garbage. The alloys they use to cast the safety levers is crap, too. The salesman told me people were returning them, specifically the Tactical model, because the levers were cracking.

The money spent on a Rock Island 1911 and all of the mods and gunsmithing it'll take to make it a good gun is close to the full price of a QUALITY 1911. Save your money.

YMMV.

Gee. That's what I have been saying all along in this thread yet one member calls me an elitist.

Go figure. :roll:

I wrote that you sound like an elitest the way you write. You make it sound like if you do not like it, it is not good enough, because eveything you have is the best. Try improving your vernacular and grammer and you may not be misunderstood. I am done with this subject about you.

I wrote that you sound like an elitest the way you write. You make it sound like if you do not like it, it is not good enough, because eveything you have is the best. Try improving your vernacular and grammer and you may not be misunderstood. I am done with this subject about you.

Nice spin again. The truth hurts huh?

I posted about my experience with said pistol and you call me an elitest. Very sad.

I have 35+ years of firearms handling. Practical shooting and reloading.

When I offer my opinion here it's from many years of shooting experience not heresay.

I've spent my life in this hobby buying and trying out 100's of firearms. I can honestly say in my opinion what works and what doesn't. I offered my opinion on the RIA 1911 based on many hours shooting it while at CJRPC with members who cheaped out and bought one. That makes me an elitest?

I've gone through my share of crappy pistols in my lifetime. There was no internet to guide me. I know better now from life's share of experience.

My opinion again in case you didn't notice is to avoid them. It's better to save your money and buy a more reputable variation like a SA , Colt or Kimber. Owners of Ed Browns and Wilson Combat are the elitest's. ( Sorry Totalabuse ). Yes he's a Bud of mine so I can say that.

If that makes me an elitest in your opinion then so be it. If you misunderstood my post and opinion then I apologize in advance.

I offered my opinion on the RIA 1911 based on many hours shooting it while at CJRPC with members who cheaped out and bought one. It's better to save your money and buy a more reputable variation like a SA , Colt or Kimber.

Mauser,

Had you posted JUST the 2 sentences above originally... 8-)

I offered my opinion on the RIA 1911 based on many hours shooting it while at CJRPC with members who cheaped out and bought one. It's better to save your money and buy a more reputable variation like a SA , Colt or Kimber.

Mauser,

Had you posted JUST the 2 sentences above originally... 8-)

Your correct Sir. When it comes to my passion, firearms I tend to have diarreha of the mouth. LOL!!

Yeah, spell check should be my friend because I am not good at typing. :oops: I think we/I went a little over the top and I apologize, sometimes the Irish temper mixes up with the Polish, well you know.

Mauser I did not mean to be disrespectful, let's just leave it at we both are opinionated. :D Your contributions and years of experience are a value to this site.

Yeah, spell check should be my friend because I am not good at typing. :oops: I think we/I went a little over the top and I apologize, sometimes the Irish temper mixes up with the Polish, well you know.

Mauser I did not mean to be disrespectful, let's just leave it at we both are opinionated. :D Your contributions and years of experience are a value to this site.

You got an attitude but don't know why?

That's what I tell the wife anyway :lol::lol::lol::lol:

No hard feelings on my part. We are all here to learn.

I'll help anyone anytime. My door is always open.

TA, I really like your sense of humor.

Now let's get this thread back on track. I have derailed it enough.

you tend to do that a lot :) haha

It's either a DW or its not worth buying, yayyyyy flinging the crap around again

TA, I really like your sense of humor.

Now let's get this thread back on track. I have derailed it enough.

you tend to do that a lot :) haha

It's either a DW or its not worth buying, yayyyyy flinging the crap around again

yeah, yeah, Good choice with a DW

lol the funniest thing is I'm probably the last person you want to ask advice for on a 1911 lol

I can't wait to pick one up though. But I gotta pay some tuition first, and pay for my vacation this week, then it'll be time to buy it. I can't wait thats for sure!

Wow... So I started this thing a few weeks ago never thinking it was going to get to 8 pages. I am awaiting permits and I saved a good amount of cash since I first got the urge. My next question is...For the higher end models (say $1200 to $2000) is there a long waiting period? Should I start inquiring now about getting one? Permits are from Jackson and I was told it will probably be two weeks. My FID took 8 earlier this year. I was going to request quotes through the forum to give the business locally. Any thoughts?