deerpark

A former NYPD sergeant has filed a $10 billion federal civil rights suit against NJ law enforcement and court officials.

A former New York police department sergeant has filed a $10 billion federal civil rights lawsuit against a list of law enforcement and court officials in New Jersey

JACKSON, NJ, January 05, 2021 /24-7PressRelease/ -- A former New York police department sergeant has filed a $10 billion federal civil rights lawsuit against a list of law enforcement and court officials in New Jersey (MARCHISOTTO v. MALIK et al (3:20-cv-20426), New Jersey District Court).

The case is not about the money, he said, but justice. In the court filing, he says, "I would gladly donate every penny to a charity. But it's time to send a message to the New Jersey Courts run by clown judges, who believe they are above the law."

John Marchisotto says his civil rights were violated when officers came into his home to take away his guns. The invasion and everything that happened after that are retaliation for Mr. Marchisotto filing another federal lawsuit against many of the people named in this case.

The complaint filed in the US District Court in New Jersey says in part, "Middlesex County Sheriff's Police Officers … New Jersey State Police along with dozens of heavily armed police personnel, entered my home displaying their high-powered military-style long guns drawn, terrorizing my family. They came to my home to execute a false TERPO petition to seize my licensed firearms. However, their basis of the TERPO search warrant was a complete sham to punish me for the Federal Lawsuit I filed against the State of New Jersey, Middlesex County, the judicial and non-judicial defendants. They knew I was a retired NYPD police sergeant and out of retaliation, they came after my guns."

TERPO is an Extreme Risk Protective Order act. It was created in New Jersey in 2018 and allows anyone to seek the protective order against anyone else who "poses a danger of causing bodily inquiry to self or others by possessing or purchasing a firearm."

Mr. Marchisotto said he does have guns. He is a retired law enforcement officer. Furthermore, he bought those guns according to NJ and federal laws. As a police officer, he also received extensive training in the proper use of guns.

"It's revenge. Pure and simple, revenge. They got mad at me because I know my rights and my rights were violated so I filed suit against them. They want to intimidate me. They hope to scare me into dropping my lawsuit. All they did was make me more determined to make sure justice prevails," the retired police sergeant said. "So, I filed this suit as well."

He said his rights guaranteed under the First, Second, Fourth, Sixth and 14th Amendments were more than ignored. His rights were intentionally violated.

"They knew what they were doing. They knew it was illegal. They set things up to try and make it legal, but I know differently. I spent my adult life as a police officer and I know what is legal and what is not," he said. "Yes, I worked in New York, but federal law applies the same in New York as in New Jersey.

Mr. Marchisotto requested a jury trial. He wants a jury to hear the matter because as many people as possible need to see how he was treated.

"I've seen what judges in New Jersey will do. I am a victim of their illegal and unethical actions. I want a jury to hear this because I know a whole jury will find the truth and tell the judge. When the judge hears the jury's verdict. He has no choice. He has to go along with what the jury decides," Mr. Marchisotto said.

For more information or to receive a copy of this and Mr. Marchisotto other court filings and cases, contact him at 732-526-7732.

You are in a State that is controlled by one party at every branch of Government. You will lose. 

BTW, how do like those red flag laws that you were so eager to enforce/endorse yourself?

And, of course, using the I was/am a cop angle to create the perception that somehow he is more special then everyone else.

Should have moved to a "free" State.

That being said, good luck.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Damjan said:

I started reading this and it looks like legal jerk-offedness to me. I do not believe judges anymore. Judges have shown that they are all about self interest. I used to believe in the system but see that it is rotten to the core.

https://casetext.com/case/marchisotto-v-city-of-new-york-3

Marchisotto described feeling depressed, demeaned, and humiliated as a result of his transfer. Id . at 78. In December 2004, Marchisotto started seeing a psychiatrist and a psychologist. Id . at 79-82. The psychiatrist prescribed Marchisotto medications to treat anxiety, depression, and an inability to sleep. Id . at 80. Marchisotto changed doctors, but was continuing to receive medical treatment at the time of his testimony at trial. Id . at 80-81. His treating psychiatrist, Dr. Robert Conciatori ("Dr. Conciatori"), testified that Marchisotto suffers from panic disorder, posttraumatic stress disorder, and major depressive disorder. Id . at 226. Marchisotto's symptoms include flashbacks, problems sleeping, anxiety, humiliation, difficulty performing sexually, and significant distress. Id . at 228-30. Dr. Conciatori described Marchisotto as too "shattered" to return to his job as a police officer, and still suffering the loss of his career. Id . at 230.

If this is the same guy, looks like he retired on a psych. Not sure how the Mental Health background works, but it might of barred him from owning firearms in NJ.

• Informative 2

4 hours ago, wangsly said:

https://casetext.com/case/marchisotto-v-city-of-new-york-3

Marchisotto described feeling depressed, demeaned, and humiliated as a result of his transfer. Id . at 78. In December 2004, Marchisotto started seeing a psychiatrist and a psychologist. Id . at 79-82. The psychiatrist prescribed Marchisotto medications to treat anxiety, depression, and an inability to sleep. Id . at 80. Marchisotto changed doctors, but was continuing to receive medical treatment at the time of his testimony at trial. Id . at 80-81. His treating psychiatrist, Dr. Robert Conciatori ("Dr. Conciatori"), testified that Marchisotto suffers from panic disorder, posttraumatic stress disorder, and major depressive disorder. Id . at 226. Marchisotto's symptoms include flashbacks, problems sleeping, anxiety, humiliation, difficulty performing sexually, and significant distress. Id . at 228-30. Dr. Conciatori described Marchisotto as too "shattered" to return to his job as a police officer, and still suffering the loss of his career. Id . at 230.

If this is the same guy, looks like he retired on a psych. Not sure how the Mental Health background works, but it might of barred him from owning firearms in NJ.

If thats him, probably shouldn't have guns. If you get PTSD from having to work in the records department youre very very unstable. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, diamondd817 said:

BTW, how do like those red flag laws that you were so eager to enforce/endorse yourself?

And, of course, using the I was/am a cop angle to create the perception that somehow he is more special then everyone else.

That's a lot of assumption.

How do you know he supported red flag laws?

One would think a cop has just a bit more knowledge about the law than many people.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, diamondd817 said:

You are in a State that is controlled by one party at every branch of Government. You will lose. 

Should have moved to a "free" State.

That being said, good luck.

Yeah . . . This is a bit much on a few counts . . . 

The suit is to be heard in federal court, not state court.  That may not help him much but it has nothing to do with the Democrat's control of NJ.

What the hell makes you think that he supported, or that anyone here supported, red flag laws?

LEO's have rights beyond those of other citizens under state law.  I can't tell you all of them but they include higher mag restrictions and otherwise restricted ammo.  At least some of these extend to retired officers.

Should have moved to a "free" state?  Go to hell.  There are many here and elsewhere in NJ that would muck rather FIGHT than leave the state.  If you move your ass anywhere else you are only delaying the clampdown.  It needs to be resisted.  

That being said . . . 

first off, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.  If he wasn't vocal in saying he didn't support them, he supported them.  PERIOD

that said, these red flags laws are bs and unconstitutional.  fight it!!!!!! 

47 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

first off, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.  If he wasn't vocal in saying he didn't support them, he supported them.  PERIOD

that said, these red flags laws are bs and unconstitutional.  fight it!!!!!! 

Was he for or against those laws and how much did he do?  I don't think anyone here has the answer.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, GRIZ said:

Was he for or against those laws and how much did he do?  I don't think anyone here has the answer.

my point is that unless those in charge of enforcing these laws loudly decry them, they are for them.  Was that not the logic with the Nazis, Communist, Pol Pot thugs etc etc?   Believe, I understand the employment aspect but, seemingly, we're all ok with something until it affects us directly.

I don't believe these laws should exist without due process regardless of the risks and I debated with Chris Smith on this at a Rep breakfast in a room full of 450 people.  Few stood up and supported me for fear of being labeled anti women etc etc...Not me, I stand by my beliefs:)

It is the job of law enforcement to enforce the laws passed by the legislature.  It is up to the legislature to pass those laws.

It up to us to put the members of the legislature in place.

"We the people . . . : works in both directions.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, GRIZ said:

One would think a cop has just a bit more knowledge about the law than many people.

That is a joke, right?

I've heard wonderful stories about "what the gun laws are in NJ" from cops, I could only stand there and wonder if these stories were passed around like urban legends.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, b47356 said:

That is a joke, right?

I've heard wonderful stories about "what the gun laws are in NJ" from cops, I could only stand there and wonder if these stories were passed around like urban legends.

Griz is one of the good guys, a true class act and one of the few here I truly respect.  He knows his stuff and often has keen insight.  I do trust his perspective

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, b47356 said:

That is a joke, right?

They are, to use your words, "urban legends.  There are anti-gun cops and there are pro-gun cops.  Most cops are in between.   They are not looking to jack you up for a license plate frame or stopping at the Wawa for something you need at home.  You ask most cops "is this a flash surpressor or a muzzle brake" , they aren't sure and can care less...unless you're using that gun to commit a crime.  If you don't encounter a crime often your knowledge of it gets lost.  More so "technical" malum prohibitum laws.

If NJ law changed tomorrow and NJ became a "shall issue" state most cops couldn't care less.  They would still be going after criminals with guns.

Cops speaking out on unfair laws, especially gun laws.  You will notice most of them are sheriffs.  Why? Sheriffs only have to answer to the voters come next collection.

Your typical cop can't speak out against laws.  First, they are a part of the executive branch.  They are sworn to enforce laws passed by the legislature.  Not beong verbal about how they feel about a law.  Stories about cops not enforcing a law because they don't think is fair don't make the news.  Why?  The cop could lose his job.

Cops are also subject to scrutiny on and off duty.  Many things a lot of people do off the job cops can't do off duty.  If they did they'd be disciplined, suspended or even fired.  If a cop speaks out against unfair fun laws at a 2A rally, someone will find out he or she is a cop. They will probably have to answer for this and how it reflects on their department.

2 hours ago, RUTGERS95 said:

He's a fking GREAT American too!   lol

Hey, I don't know if I'm great.  Good, yeah.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, EdF said:

Should have moved to a "free" state?  Go to hell.  There are many here and elsewhere in NJ that would muck rather FIGHT than leave the state.  If you move your ass anywhere else you are only delaying the clampdown.  It needs to be resisted.  

Let me know your view on this 10yrs from now.

Edit: Let's make that 5 yrs.

12 hours ago, EdF said:

It up to us to put the members of the legislature in place.

"We the people . . . : works in both directions.

Your going to be really disappointed when you figure out how NJ works. The State is politically controlled by ghettos and shitholes. Every branch of government is one party controlled. You're not changing anything.

3 hours ago, diamondd817 said:

Your going to be really disappointed when you figure out how NJ works. The State is politically controlled by ghettos and shitholes. Every branch of government is one party controlled. You're not changing anything.

Yeah?  Where are you going to move?  Have you seen what's happened to Colorado?  Texas and Arizona are moving left.  Florida?  Wherever you go, you're going to continue fighting an uphill battle.  Don't like 10 round magazines?  That's on the national slate now.  Don't like having your stocks pinned?  Same.  Don't like how long it takes to get a pistol permit?  Wait until the feds get involved.  Think the Second Amendment is under attack?  They all are.  Everywhere.

So, when you move and find the same thing, what you are prepared to do about it?

I know how politics work in NJ.  I was born here and had family DEEP:Y involved in Democrat politics over 40 years ago.  While we've had a few Republican governors, we haven't elected a Republican to the Senate in almost 50 years.  

So . . . move . . . 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, EdF said:

Yeah?  Where are you going to move?  Have you seen what's happened to Colorado?  Texas and Arizona are moving left.  Florida?  Wherever you go, you're going to continue fighting an uphill battle.  Don't like 10 round magazines?  That's on the national slate now.  Don't like having your stocks pinned?  Same.  Don't like how long it takes to get a pistol permit?  Wait until the feds get involved.  Think the Second Amendment is under attack?  They all are.  Everywhere.

So, when you move and find the same thing, what you are prepared to do about it?

I know how politics work in NJ.  I was born here and had family DEEP:Y involved in Democrat politics over 40 years ago.  While we've had a few Republican governors, we haven't elected a Republican to the Senate in almost 50 years.  

So . . . move . . . 

I cant agree more. I tell this to my relatives all the time.  Where do you think you want to move to? They all say NC. I am like "the cancer has already spread" throughout the country and in NC maybe worse.

I have so much vested interest on NJ its almost impossible for me to get uproot the familia move.   If all of "us" leave, who will be left to fight? It's our home too.

• Like 1