Sign in to follow this  
DevsAdvocate

Using white lithium grease to lube a Glock 19...

So I did it. Bought the Glock 19 at NJ firearms guild. Bill, one of the FFL's told me that it's best to clean and Lube the weapon once I bring it home. And to use white lithium grease to lube it.

So is white lithium grease an acceptable gun lube?

So I did it. Bought the Glock 19 at NJ firearms guild. Bill, one of the FFL's told me that it's best to clean and Lube the weapon once I bring it home. And to use white lithium grease to lube it.

So is white lithium grease an acceptable gun lube?

Congrats on the new toy :D

I can't see why not, I have seen people use a lot worse then white grease in some of the writeups I have read.

He's James Yaeger, who owns Tactical Response:

http://www.tacticalresponse.com/

I think it's probably good to have him make you nervous....

I am dying to take their Fighting Pistol and Fighting Rifle courses. They hold them in NJ once a year or so (just a few weeks ago in 2009), but I think I'll go to TN for the whole experience and to be able to use 30-rnd mags.

His AR-15 lubrication video is also fantastic:

I would avoid lithium white lube. I use RIG's grease and Mobile One syn. oil for none sliding parts. Is it worth it to save a buck and maybe accelerate the wear of the firearm or have it be the cause of a malfunction? There are numerous top quality firearm greases available. Get one from a reputable dealer or supplier such as Brownell's or Midway.

I remember reading or watching a glock vid about the copper colored grease and not to remove it. their was something to it but do not remember.

The only issue I have with that is that it means you can't ever clean the guns' internals. Which is weird. Glocks are made to last, but oil gets fouled up, and lube does wear out.

Dev,

The copper grease does wear out over time. I was told to let it be until you put a few hundred rounds through it. If you removed it I would not worry. Just get something like gun butter and make sure that you follow the 3-2-1 method. The 1 point on the frame that you need to lubricate will make a world of difference for breaking in the trigger. But in the end it is a Glock and you could put 10,000 rounds through it without ever adding one drop of oil.

pGobEpUO3Uc