JC_68Westy

Pre-lock S&W revolver from estate sale

Here are my latest estate sale guns I just picked up on Thursday. A 6" 629-1 and a 686-3. I was going to put the stock grips that were in the box back on the 629 but after shooting it yesterday will be keeping the grips that are on it. The 629 has and incredible trigger and shoots very accurate. I did not shoot the 686 yet, but it seems to be just as smooth. I had the LGS set aside a S&W 15-2 4" along with a Model 25 Mountain gun for me on lay away. The store has 180 guns from the collection, mostly S&W pre-lock revolvers and a decent number of Ruger revolvers. I additions there were a few Les Baers, Colt 1911's and Colt Delta 10mm's.

IMG_0016.thumb.jpeg.1015b252c1e48c3d70f52fb56f5486d9.jpeg

• Like 3

It is my local gun shop. I happened to stop in the day the guns were put on display. I may go back today to see a few more. They had a really nice Model 57 4" and a Model 29 no dash, and a Model 17 that are all in really nice shape. The guy that passed away was a serious collector.

13 hours ago, JC_68Westy said:

It is my local gun shop. I happened to stop in the day the guns were put on display. I may go back today to see a few more. They had a really nice Model 57 4" and a Model 29 no dash, and a Model 17 that are all in really nice shape. The guy that passed away was a serious collector.

Great Pickups!  

The SW 57 i have in 6inch and would love to get a 4inch one day. 

Surprisingly i didn't expect to like 41 Mag but its been a very good round to load and shoot. Love it.

I picked up the Model 15-2 on Friday. It is a really nice shooting gun. The S/N puts this as made in 1965. I shot both 148gr wadcutters and 158gr LSWC and both shot very accurately. This is my first Model 15 and I can say there will be more.

IMG_0699.thumb.jpeg.6b4fdc2c5d9139b1f5e0f0f2f497e479.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Agree 1