Downtownv

The biggest Joke of the day! New Jersey 2A Activists Warn – No Armed Protest In Trenton

New Jersey 2A Activists Warn – No Armed Protest In Trenton

Posted at 2:00 pm on January 12, 2021 by Cam Edwards

New Jersey 2A Activists Warn - No Armed Protest In Trenton

Editor’s Note: The following piece is by John Petrolino, a New Jersey writer, author, NRA certified pistol, rifle and shotgun instructor. 

News coverage is ablaze concerning a recent poster that is allegedly circulating in social media.  The poster advocates for a nation-wide armed protest at both the US Capitol and the Capitols of every state.  One of the earliest pieces of coverage on this story was from News 12 in New Jersey.  Shortly following suit other networks and news outlets picked it up.

On January 11th, NJ 101.5 picked up the story putting out the following headline: Armed pro-Trump rally planned for NJ?

Eric Scott, the Senior Political Director of NJ 101.5, reports:

An online flyer also calls for an “armed march on Capitol Hill and all state capitols” next Sunday. No single group is named as an organizer for such a rally, but Trump supporters have been posting and sharing the flyer on social media. Over a background of the Statue of Liberty, bold letters proclaim: “Refuse to be Silenced. Demand Freedom. Stand up for Liberty.”

The thought of an armed protest in New Jersey is beyond laughable.  At least from the law abiding gun owner’s perspective.  Any show of force in the Garden State would be met with swift action, as gun owners are well aware they would run afoul of the law should they ever attempt such an antic.

Scott further quips:

New Jersey State Police Superintendent Patrick Callahan says he has been coordinating a possible response with the FBI and Office of Homeland Security. Callahan also warned about bringing a weapon to any rally, telling News 12 New Jersey: “Expect to be arrested and your weapons seized if you don’t have the proper documentation to carry.” Trenton Mayor Reed Gusciora told News 12 that he plans to speak with his police officials about security as well.

Being engaged in the law abiding firearm community in New Jersey, I did some digging around and there are no such reports of an armed rally or protest in said community. Theresa Inacker, the Communications Director of The Coalition of New Jersey Firearm Owners, says she’s heard nothing about a protest either.

Of course, no one in New Jersey’s 2A community had even heard of this protest. But you can guarantee, if things go wrong, you (WE) will be blamed for it.

Inacker is right.  Should something happen in Trenton, the fault will fall directly on the shoulders of the law abiding gun owner.  The insinuation that a law abiding gun owner in New Jersey would do such a thing is beyond tone deaf to our current plight.  From Inacker’s article:

Actually, whoever wrote the flyer demonstrates a complete blind spot, or lack of understanding about how things work here in New Jersey. You all know about New Jersey’s impossible justifiable need standard, required to be to proven before one can be issued a carry permit. What do they think we are doing–Filing a multitude of lawsuits to gain carry just for the heck of it? We are filing litigation non-stop to have the state of the law changed and civil rights restored.

Pulling further from Inacker’s work, she outlines that others have heard of no such planned protest from the New Jersey firearm owning community:

Mark Cheeseman, a Plaintiff who had the gumption to bring a carry case (#19-27; CNJFO filed an amicus brief and raised funds for it AND ANJRPC’s Rogers case!) all the way to the Supreme Court of the United States stated “N.J.s most active pro-Second Amendment page on social media shows that nothing has been discussed or planned. And past rallies were done with permits and NO FIREARMS. And were very peaceful.”

Dan Grdovic, acting President of the Coalition of New Jersey Firearm Owners said: “I have attended several rallies in Trenton supporting the Second Amendment in the past. There were no firearms. Not only have they been 100% peaceful, the city has also been cleaner upon completion of these rallies than before they began. This yellow journalism disparaging otherwise good people in the name of selling ink for tabloid ratings is getting very old.”

I reached out to Eric Scott concerning this story with the following statement:

There are no reports in the NJ firearm community concerning this… Please let me know if you would like to reach out to 2A leaders on this subject and I will connect you.  This is a very dangerous situation, NJ gun owners have no such intention – I am on nearly ALL the NJ firearm related social media groups, this is not being discussed as something we would ever do.

Scott failed to respond to my correspondence.

None of this is to diminish any possibility of a threat.  The FBI, State Police, et.al. should take situations like this seriously.  I cannot speak for all the gun owners for New Jersey, however, many of us want to set the record straight…We know of no such plans nor would it be advisable to do such a thing in New Jersey.  I’m thankful that our authorities are prepared should something happen.  But don’t start wagging your finger in the faces of New Jersey gun owners, implement more draconian legislation, or vilify us should something occur.  There is no buzz in our community endorsing this.

https://bearingarms.com/came/2021/01/12/nj-2a-activists-no-armed-protest/?utm_source=badaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl&bcid=bc1d86e1053dd21c60a121534def959c

38 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

That a) there would actually be an armed protest in Trenton and b) that Goebles, I mean Callahan has to make a statement telling us what he will do to us, should we try.

Ahh ok.  Overall I thought it was a good response by the 2A orgs. 

21 hours ago, father-of-three said:

Are there any plans for a New Jersey law abiding citizen rally in Trenton?

I don't know of any plans for a rally anytime soon.

I had dinner with the South Jersey NRA Volunteer Coordinator last month.  I know he's been in touch with the national organization to support us this year with the governor up for re-election.  I see this as the perfect opportunity to set up a table at one of the many county fairs and outdoor shows and talk to the new gun owners about their "newly discovered" right.  And talk about the need for firearms training to keep the new owner and those that reside with them safe.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I was thinking recently when reading the latest issue of NRA A1F about campus carry, what about empty holster protest? I can see how it's probably a waste of time and also potentially inviting the man into your life but it's also making a statement and disturbing comfort levels, both of which I see as good.

11 minutes ago, Xtors said:

I was thinking recently when reading the latest issue of NRA A1F about campus carry, what about empty holster protest? I can see how it's probably a waste of time and also potentially inviting the man into your life but it's also making a statement and disturbing comfort levels, both of which I see as good.

I felt te same way and posted similar a few years ago, I recall a heavy opinion against such action. But it is now legal to carry a taser (holstered)

The flyer uses the same template - or someone wants us to think it uses the same template - as the Black Civics' Election Night Watch Party flyer.

Either way, it's pretty clear that this is a trap. It wasn't created by any pro-2A group and it would be a horrible idea for anybody to show up at a state capitol with guns. If you take peaceful, armed protestors and add violent counter-protestors with flagpoles and bear spray, I think we all know who's getting blamed.

They're already trying to link Michigan in May (armed, non-violent protest) with January 6 (unarmed, violent protest) to push their "but, but, but what if they had guns in D.C.?" narrative. They would just love an armed violent protest to boost public opinion for more gun control, especially AR-pattern rifles which play a minuscule role in the "gun violence" figures.

image2-3-495x700.jpg

image1-3-540x700.jpg

2 hours ago, RUTGERS95 said:

maybe if gun owners acted more like the left, we'd have few problems?  it's a thought

I agree to an extent. But how many gun owners would be willing to show up with an unloaded  long gun and they have a NJ FID (totally legal), be arrested and have the charges dropped 

8 hours ago, GRIZ said:

I agree to an extent. But how many gun owners would be willing to show up with an unloaded  long gun and they have a NJ FID (totally legal), be arrested and have the charges dropped 

What if 2,250,000 gun owners (3% of 75 million Trump voters) did that, all at the same time, across the country at the state capitols?

actually, I think the people telling people NOT to exercise their rights are the traitors.  I wouldn't see anything wrong with peaceful assembly including firearms.  It's not gun owners are blood thirsty tyrants, those tyrants are in the capital houses if you ask me

On 1/15/2021 at 12:07 PM, Trunk said:

I think our chances of a national AWB would be closer to 100% than it currently is.

no way, absolutely not

no way to enforce, the temp would be too high, and I know very few cops that would risk not getting home at night over this (young ones not included as they're just too fking naive to know anything) if things started getting squirley