Displaced Texan

Stock picks..anyone do some small time investing?

4 hours ago, Sniper said:

Yeah, like it never happened before with Bitcoin, right? A famous quote, "Those who fail to learn Learn From History, are Doomed to Repeat it".

For every person who made money on Bitcoin, there's probably 10 that got screwed.

Not everyone gets sucked into get rich quick schemes. Good luck with your journey on becoming a millionaire with Bitcoin.

I chose to become a millionaire the old fashion way, by working hard, saving from every paycheck and investing wisely. I won't lose what I have, depending on which way the wind blows. And it wasn't on get rich quick schemes.

Here's some educational reading for you:

https://medium.com/finance-republic/i-just-lost-a-bunch-of-money-on-bitcoin-heres-how-i-m-dealing-134ff802115e

https://www.investing.com/analysis/why-most-people-will-lose-money-in-bitcoin-200269300

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/analysis-and-features/bitcoin-latest-updates-who-lost-money-price-investment-crytocurrency-exchange-a8124406.html

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/jan/11/experience-i-lost-1m-on-bitcoin

https://www.quora.com/How-many-admit-they-lost-money-with-Bitcoin?share=1

https://medium.com/@whatbitcoindid/5-easy-ways-to-lose-money-trading-bitcoin-and-crypto-a417bfd67340

https://money.cnn.com/2018/09/11/investing/bitcoin-crash-victim/index.html

https://www.forbes.com/sites/cbovaird/2020/03/12/bitcoin-lost-roughly-50-of-its-value-in-a-day/?sh=5a8257f3056a

https://www.creditkarma.com/insights/i/investors-lost-1-7-billion-bitcoin-but-dont-plan-to-deduct

There's tons more, just ask if you want any additional...

The Bitcoin groupies remind me of the Qanon groupies. No level of facts or logic will change their minds. Go ask a "Q" follower how well that worked out this past year.

Really?.. you've been pumping it up like crazy.

Is that what people called it in the Fall/Winter of 2018... Winning? Or was that the chant in Dec. 2017?

In all fairness, this can be said of almost any stock and is eerily similar to the dot com discussions.   I like ETH, it is truly different than btc

9 hours ago, Barms said:

Obviously me and Rutgers follow the same guys.   Hey sniper:  If I you create a Coinbase account I will send you 1/2 a bitcoin just so I can stop you from warning us about the crashes.   If you own some will you just stop it?   I would send you a whole one but a half a one is up 100% in a month.   Just stop man.   You can dunk on us all you want when we are defeated but as of now it’s SO MUCH WINNING  so just stop.  It’s like I know a buddy of mine I’ve been telling him to buy for like 5 years and he keeps telling me about money laundering and terrorist financing and I’m like it’s 50x in your face and your still preaching to me   Just give up. I don’t know why it bothers me so much but you just can’t help yourself to comment negative about the coin   Look at the scoreboard man.   I’m not telling you to buy.  If it’s not your gig that’s fine but stop it with the “oh oh looks like it’s gonna crash” 

You can send me some ;)

Did you verify yourself on coinbase? Seems like I'm giving alot of info to an app. 

11 hours ago, Barms said:

Obviously me and Rutgers follow the same guys.   Hey sniper:  If I you create a Coinbase account I will send you 1/2 a bitcoin just so I can stop you from warning us about the crashes.   If you own some will you just stop it?   I would send you a whole one but a half a one is up 100% in a month.   Just stop man.   You can dunk on us all you want when we are defeated but as of now it’s SO MUCH WINNING  so just stop.  It’s like I know a buddy of mine I’ve been telling him to buy for like 5 years and he keeps telling me about money laundering and terrorist financing and I’m like it’s 50x in your face and your still preaching to me   Just give up. I don’t know why it bothers me so much but you just can’t help yourself to comment negative about the coin   Look at the scoreboard man.   I’m not telling you to buy.  If it’s not your gig that’s fine but stop it with the “oh oh looks like it’s gonna crash” 

Question:

I have a coinbase account and some bitcoin purchased through paypal.  I did both for more of investment than purchasing with it.  PayPal seems like more of just for investing.  Does it make sense to keep both?

Just now, RUTGERS95 said:

well much of the low remaining is options expiration this week so it's expected.  That said, 4 billion worth of options has to go somewhere

I have a feeling the stock is gonna stay high just to fuck the people with options, and they will sell off the high overpriced stock sometime in the coming weeks. 

Oh hell no, not now. Early Jan it was $18 or so, I considered jumping in then. 

It’s been a bit crazy, but GME is currently $114. 

I should have got in that early Jan, and popped smoke around $100.

1 minute ago, JackDaWack said:

I have a feeling the stock is gonna stay high just to fuck the people with options, and they will sell off the high overpriced stock sometime in the coming weeks. 

there has also been a whale unloading 2010 coins.  These prices won't last, we'll be up soon enough on btc and remember, I'm an ETH guy!

4 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

Yeah, a month or so ago I thought about buying into GME. I talked myself out of it. Kicking myself. 

What the holy hell??  Whats the cause of that insane climb? I didnt read into much, but the 1 week chart is nuts...

53 minutes ago, eyeinstine said:

Whats the cause of that insane climb?

All about the Pump and Dump:

..."Tesla CEO Elon Musk seemed to rally behind GameStop’s epic surge, tweeting out a link to the Reddit board that’s largely hyped the stock.

Shares of GameStop were up more than 60% in after-hours trading on Tuesday following Musk’s tweet, which linked to the “wallstreetbets” Reddit page that has more than 2 million subscribers. The Tesla CEO tweeted “Gamestonk!!”

52 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

I should have pulled the trigger, but shoulda woulda coulda. 

If it was easy, everyone would be doing it. :rofl:

• Informative 1

On 1/18/2021 at 6:03 PM, gleninjersey said:

I've been eyeing AMC.  It's been absolutely hammered and tettering on running out of cash.  But with vaccine roll out and a little time it could be a nice turn around play.  Or it could go belly up and equity investors get wiped out.

Damn, this was just around $2 - $2.50 about two weeks ago.  Now closing in on $5.  

Could be part of the short squeeze pop that several beaten down stocks are experiencing.

Bought Blackbery not that long ago for around $7 up to 18-19, looks promising now that it cleared  a patent hurdle and supposedly have really good security.

Thought I read somewhere that the government only uses Blackberry phones because of there good security .

Maybe you Tech guys now more.

This morning Barron’s is reporting that the SEC is looking at GameStop for systematic inconsistencies in the trading of the stock.  

I guess a 700% jump in one month is not normal.  Lol.  They are looking at trading forums for signs of coordinated pump and dump discussions.  

in other news, futures are pointing sharply lower today so it’s looking like a rough day.  Might make for some buying opportunities 

16 hours ago, eyeinstine said:

What the holy hell??  Whats the cause of that insane climb? I didnt read into much, but the 1 week chart is nuts...

Its all fake. 

A bunch of retards in a reddit group decided to hype the stock as a way to fuckover big funds that were shorting the stock. A couple Funds called there options yesterday and lost billions of dollars. 

That, and they manipulated people to buy stock to shoot up their own investments. 

• Informative 1

3 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

Its all fake. 

A bunch of retards in a reddit group decided to hype the stock as a way to fuckover big funds that were shorting the stock. A couple Funds called there options yesterday and lost billions of dollars. 

That, and they manipulated people to buy stock to shoot up their own investments. 

Im ok with this. Some of those retards made tons of money. 

• Like 1