Displaced Texan

Stock picks..anyone do some small time investing?

10 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

Why would people by physical silver?

You're not gonna stick it to anyone doing that. They were eying up SLV to start a short squeeze on that fund. 

Because the kids at WSB don't know the difference from paper to physical. The real squeeze is on SLV. . Rumor has it that Citadel is number 5 in holding paper, so they're trying to pump it, to help offset the losses on GME.

On 1/30/2021 at 7:40 PM, RUTGERS95 said:

lots of speculation there and I think zerohedge is inciting undo stress.  I don't think Robin will go under because several thousand people are pissed they restricted some stocks.  People can look to transfer accts, many won't given the hassle but I get it.

Robinhood is at peril based on how much the SEC wants to enforce the law. The parent company owns both sides of the problem and is manipulating the retail market to benefit themselves. 

Although it is possible that that is not the root cause. It is possible that they were involved in illegally creating counterfeit shares along with other hedge funds and that there are literally no shares to buy unless retail coughs up some, or large mutual funds dump some. However, if this were the case, you would be unable to buy in any quantity form anyone who would have to go to a clearing house to square up. Which at this point, if I'm understanding what people are writing about all this, leaves you with fideilty and ameritrade IIRC. As they are both holding a nice chunk of GME. 

As for the silver squeeze, that's bullshit manipulation and might as well be ad buys. When posts that read like ads hits mere hours before every outlet writes an article like it was ad placement by a prep service, the statement in said articles is bullshit. Given the regulatory constraints on paper silver, you can't really short it. The government would have to decide they are going to enforce some sort of fractional metal reserve on them, which they have studiously failed to do over the years.  

peril?  lol   have you seen the fines one the books?

that said, no one is manipulating boths sides to take advantage as it has to do with the margin issues.  Not only that, but the user agreement covers this.  nothing will happen to them but slap on the wrist if at all.

29 minutes ago, Grapeshot said:

So the 9 mm re-loads with silver bullets I made for the Zombie Vampire Apocalypse are now worth  more than their weight in silver. Cool!

silverbullet625oz9mm427.jpg

https://bostonbullion.com/product/silver-bullet-625oz-9mm/

45 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

I'd imagine they've moved on, they are now divesting and moving on.  They've made a killing.  Don't worry about them, it's a hr for them

Have you scrolled the threads over there?

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/

48 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

I'd imagine they've moved on, they are now divesting and moving on.  They've made a killing.  Don't worry about them, it's a hr for them

A few made a killing. Someone is left holding those stocks when it crashes..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

A few made a killing. Someone is left holding those stocks when it crashes..

A very small few... It's more like this video below, it's a good time to repost it,

People Choose Free Candy Bar over Free 10 oz Silver Bar (Worth $150) in Experiment

11 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Have you scrolled the threads over there?

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/

I get that but you have to understand that it's not just a few, it took thousands of buyers and by the price support action on the sell side, it's clear many took profits.  Not to mention, you're only seeing the most vocal of a VERY large community

look, I was the senior mbs trader for chase, ran Italy's largest us dollar bond trading business and was part of an elite group at deloitte that did cap mkts (was at mf global the sunday before they hit the street with liquidity news and testified for NY court on LEH) among others. Have taught as adjunct professor at RU mba program, hob knobbed with key regulators etc etc etc

I know a little about this stuff

Now I manage risk for banks from home and am a full time dad and while I miss the coin, I've got wrestling and baseball practice tonight so I wouldn't give it up for the world!

Now back on to the thread, I miss etrade as I'm a rh guy but opened tdameritrade and funded it yesterday to start playing.  I'm still a buyer of eth on all 15%+ dips, huge buyer of xom at this and sub this levels among others.

let's talk next steps.  what do you like?

1 minute ago, Sniper said:

A very small few... It's more like this video below, it's a good time to repost it,

People Choose Free Candy Bar over Free 10 oz Silver Bar (Worth $150) in Experiment

half the country can't balance a checkbook and this surprises you?  lol    love these things, most people are fking morons!

• Like 1

Lost my ass the last 2 days on NAKD...

knew I should have stayed out of crazies WSB game...

but then again, I’m so small time in this, that my loss equates to what some of you wealthier folks spend on a fancy dinner at a posh restaurant... :lol:

7 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

I get that but you have to understand that it's not just a few, it took thousands of buyers and by the price support action on the sell side, it's clear many took profits.  Not to mention, you're only seeing the most vocal of a VERY large community

I get that, but when you look at the volume numbers the last few weeks, it appears many bought but haven't sold.. so either they're looking for a miracle or riding GME it to the bottom.. A few early adopters made some coin, but they're the rare ones.

9 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

let's talk next steps.  what do you like?

For one, I hope they smack down NOK some more, I want another big block there for a longer term play.

10 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

I'm still a buyer of eth

I'm not going there in any crypto space..

12 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

huge buyer of xom

That's the thing, they reported another quarter of losses today ($20 billion), the 4th one, and it's up 4% today..  crazy stuff..

15 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

half the country can't balance a checkbook and this surprises you?  lol    love these things, most people are fking morons!

No surprises at all, actually pretty sad... but these are the same idiots playing over at WSB...

1 hour ago, eyeinstine said:

Lost my ass the last 2 days on NAKD...

knew I should have stayed out of crazies WSB game...

but then again, I’m so small time in this, that my loss equates to what some of you wealthier folks spend on a fancy dinner at a posh restaurant... :lol:

Same! I only put about 100 in for fun. Luckily my ira abd my real stocks are more than making up for it. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

Same! I only put about 100 in for fun. Luckily my ira abd my real stocks are more than making up for it. 

Yeah I threw a few bucks at those too...getting beat up. 

• Agree 1

i was late to the game on those so i chicken out and didn't buy any.  I did get in on the AMC craze, right now I'm at 0.0% but its looking like it will dip below before I finishing typing this post.  should have gotten out last week.  at this point the stubborn streak in me will keep the 100 shares and see what happens in the next few months.

remember, traditional investment value is the value of future payments.  Price action stems from 2 things; externality driven view such as euphoria or optimism and fundamentals

fundamentals say buy xom

you guys will thank me later

6 hours ago, Cheflife15 said:

lucky you! i put in about 750$ for the hell of it..  saw it tanking this morning at about .85, so i put in a sell order at 1.00 hoping there would be a short spike.. The quick spike happened, dumped the shares, and lost about half my little investment in a couple days.. ugh! :icon_lol:

5 hours ago, RUTGERS95 said:

remember, traditional investment value is the value of future payments.  Price action stems from 2 things; externality driven view such as euphoria or optimism and fundamentals

fundamentals say buy xom

you guys will thank me later

Great BIO in one of your above posts.. Obviously you have some great insight and valid input on the topic!

Just curious, whats the reasoning your so strong on XOM??  I was thinking fossil energy stocks will be taking a beating through out this Biden anti-fossil fuel fiasco...

6 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

The clampdown on fossil fuels will make the price spike. 

Besides, ‘green’ energy sources aren’t really viable to power our economy. 

Still looking for the detailed explanation why? 

I can only assume as the price per barrel of oil goes up, the logic is XOM will rise??    But price per barrel rises on other investors and commodoties trading.. Why would XOM profits rise? Demand will go down and more people look to more fuel effiecent transportation, public transportation, limited casual driving, etc..  So demand and useage goes down, but XOM goes up?

2 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

Think of all that we MAKE with petro products too! 

And again, fossil fuel isn’t going away. Green energy is a lie. 

oh i agree..  petroleum is used in so many different products...  and i hear ya on the green energy scam...     But still not wrapping my head around why XOM would rise... Regardless of all the other uses for petroleum; theres nothing new to cause a spike in demand or profits?  As gas prices rises, demand will go down..  As the economy tanks and peoples excess splurge money goes down, so will the purchase of products and materials that use petroleum.. Hence my confusion as to WHY xom will rise?

Anyone got any info on SLS ???  buddy sent a screen shot to me; he bought in at 6.65 today and its gone up since, now going crazy after hours??!!  no news, no reasoning i can find...   I just know if i jump in in the morning, it will surely tank after that.....

1 hour ago, eyeinstine said:

Anyone got any info on SLS ???  buddy sent a screen shot to me; he bought in at 6.65 today and its gone up since, now going crazy after hours??!!  no news, no reasoning i can find...   I just know if i jump in in the morning, it will surely tank after that.....

That's a hell of a ramp after hours... wonder what's up. Maybe they're getting good news on their Phase III trial tomorrow? They're in Oncology, that's wifey's gig. I need to ask her when she gets out of the shower, and ask her how she missed this one??

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sniper said:

That's a hell of a ramp after hours... wonder what's up. Maybe they're getting good news on their Phase III trial tomorrow? They're in Oncology, that's wifey's gig. I need to ask her when she gets out of the shower, and ask her how she missed this one??

@Sniper Keep me posted if you dig up any intel on it!