Displaced Texan

Stock picks..anyone do some small time investing?

Friend/worker came into work this morning telling me to look into Workhorse (WKHS). Told me it was a medium duty electric vehicle company.. I didnt have time to do any DD on it at work, but figured it made sense being the ahole we have occupying the white house is on a fossil fuel attack, and spewing out his greeen energy mandates and plans.. I could see some sort of government push to electric vehicles and delivery trucks.. So i bought in with 1500$ for fun... Up over 200$ for the day...   Maybe worth looking into. Please share your DD! Not sure if this should be a long hold, or just some quick profit and jump out...

edit:

yikes! just noticed the short interest of 30.61% ?!?!    i take it thats a sign the hedge fund folks are betting for a big drop in price??

8 minutes ago, eyeinstine said:

yikes! just noticed the short interest of 30.61% ?!?!    i take it thats a sign the hedge fund folks are betting for a big drop in price??

WKHS was one of the stocks that Robinhood was restricting last week, and only allowing one share to be bought.

It had a 14% pop today, and hit a 52 week high....  so, who knows??

7 minutes ago, Sniper said:

WKHS was one of the stocks that Robinhood was restricting last week, and only allowing one share to be bought.

It had a 14% pop today, and hit a 52 week high....  so, who knows??

So you think the price rise is some sort of squeze on the shorts, or some sort of legit interest..  I just did a little reading up on them. And checked out the website.. Seems really legit company with real product already in use and on the streets.. Seems like a great business model to me..

if you are going to play risky things, ETH and BTC are your best bet

play stocks that will give you the most appreciation with the least amount of relative risk.  Plenty of large caps still to get 10-20% returns.

don't be stupid guys.  If you want to throw money away, buy some 5.56 at 1.50/rd and ship to me.  I'll pm you all my address   :)

10 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

if you are going to play risky things, ETH and BTC are your best bet

play stocks that will give you the most appreciation with the least amount of relative risk.  Plenty of large caps still to get 10-20% returns.

don't be stupid guys.  If you want to throw money away, buy some 5.56 at 1.50/rd and ship to me.  I'll pm you all my address   :)

Yeah, but i bought that stock at $.29/share with a little fun money......as I said in the beginning of this thread, I have my Edward Jones guy invest my real money. 

33 minutes ago, NJSigfan said:

What's everyone thinking about oil?  looks like crude is heading for the best week in a long time.

I bought some XOM (thanks to Rutgers95 for the info) and some MRO over the past week or so and its done ok for me...

big fan of MRO until the dems got in.  I owned sub 5 and sold at a nice profit.  great company but shale and strip is it's primary driver.  It will benefit from rising oil prices but I see capped upside.  xom on the other hand could see 75 in summer, definitely 60-65 imo

On 1/13/2021 at 1:46 PM, Displaced Texan said:

ZOM (Zomedica) They make veterinary testing products. Bought in at $.25, and it’s just shy of $1

It's continuing it's run.. $2.43 right now (52 week high).. up 27% today. Doubled in the last week.

I took some profits today, and letting the balance run... I won't get greedy, doubling my money is fine with me..  :good:

I lost my cool couple weeks ago ranting to Sniper about coin.  Drank too much wine and I’m ashamed of myself and gave  myself a timeout.  I want to apologize and don’t know why I got so fired up.  I don’t even want to go back and read it, seriously.     I’m not commenting about coin anymore.   Congrats to all the longs in BTC and ETH.    Buy the dips.  $100k next.    Stay humble.  
Peace and Love....   peace and love....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Barms said:

I lost my cool couple weeks ago ranting to Sniper about coin.  Drank too much wine and I’m ashamed of myself and gave  myself a timeout.  I want to apologize and don’t know why I got so fired up.  I don’t even want to go back and read it, seriously.     I’m not commenting about coin anymore.   Congrats to all the longs in BTC and ETH.    Buy the dips.  $100k next.    Stay humble.  
Peace and Love....   peace and love....

Only thing you have to be ashamed of is admitting on a public forum that you got banged up on wine.  :)

On 1/13/2021 at 8:50 PM, Displaced Texan said:

Great picks, y’all!! I’ll look into some of these. 

I expect MVIS to make a run upwards in March/April. 

ZOM has a new diagnostic product hitting the market late March. I expect them will do well with that. 

POWW...well, they are an ammunition company...I expect that to do well over the next year. 

I’m sniffing around EMAN, thinking about dumping my low performers and jumping into that one. They make OLEDs related to military hardware (and are a client of mine). 

Thanks @Displaced Texan  :good:

I picked up some EMAN after looking into some of these stocks you had listed..  Im up 36% on this one so far.. Nice run up today..

• Like 1

I think I need a new pair of underwear...MVIS bounced off $22.38 in after hours trading. 

I think this is set up for a run tomorrow...I know there are a lot of short shares out there. 
I canx my sell order for my remaining shares at $24, in going to reevaluate that number tonight. 

3 hours ago, Sniper said:

Who's jumping into cannabis stocks? That seems to be the next area the WSB kids are pumping.

99% of cannabis stocks are dog shit.  Wait, let me rethink that.  Dog shit at least sticks with you, cannabis stocks will eventually just make your money disappear.

57 minutes ago, Malsua said:

99% of cannabis stocks are dog shit.  Wait, let me rethink that.  Dog shit at least sticks with you, cannabis stocks will eventually just make your money disappear.

I got into one a few weeks ago, nothing major just  200 shares.  Doing okay.

anyone into precious metals?  Or has that shipped sailed?

9 hours ago, Barms said:

Reiterating AXON.    (The former Taser and now dominant police body camera maker)

Thought it was AAXN mentioned earlier in the thread??

These appear to be nearly the same thing/business???

AAXN & AXON  

10 hours ago, eyeinstine said:

Thought it was AAXN mentioned earlier in the thread??

These appear to be nearly the same thing/business???

AAXN & AXON  

Yeah.  They did a ticker change.  Was AAXN.  now AXON 

• Informative 1

On 1/13/2021 at 1:46 PM, Displaced Texan said:

POWW (Ammo) sales and manufacture of ammunition products. Bought in at $5, and it’s around $7.60 now. 

Saw this article, don't think it was posted before. POWW To buy Gunbroker

https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/02/11/why-ammo-stock-just-exploded-higher/