Displaced Texan

Stock picks..anyone do some small time investing?

8 hours ago, Bklynracer said:

Saw this article, don't think it was posted before. POWW To buy Gunbroker

https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/02/11/why-ammo-stock-just-exploded-higher/

Good find, I did not know this!!! 

Should be a good thing for them. And the stockholders 

On 1/14/2021 at 7:29 AM, RUTGERS95 said:

it's in the crypto space but not a true crypto.  it's blockchain technology has utility and real value, not a measure of a persons' view of wealth.

Whaooo, I gotta invest in this and see what it turns out to be

I also bought Bombardier. Aircraft company. 

They recently dumped their Lear Jet division, which had been dragging them down for awhile financially. If they can make it through the pandemic downturn, they may get their shit straight. 
Shares were $.50, I bought a couple hundred to sit on for awhile and see what happens. 

I’m out of ZOM but my wife is still in, and buying more. I think they will be $4-5 by late March. 
MVIS is doing well overall. Im holding my remaining shares. 
EMAN has done well over the last few days. 
Oil companies are doing well. 
POWW is up and down over the last few days but I’m holding it long. 

I also picked up a few hundred of Bombarder. Aircraft company. They recently dumped Lear so I think they might be a reasonable prospect for longer term. 

So far today’s market has been...odd.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

My ass hurts from the market this week. Lol.

And it’s not the colonoscopy prep either! :rofl:

That being said, now is a good time to buy. 

Yep.  Lots of red lines on my robinhood account sofar this week.

I find myself reading up on things more now.  Live and learn...

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/23/tesla-and-bitcoins-value-are-now-linked-analyst-warns.html

I BTFD last night on some Dogecoin and Stellar Lumens.  I'm up about 20% on Doggies and 10% on Lumens.  Not big numbers, but last night about 8pm was the bottom of the dip.

Of course next week I'll be wiped out, but hey, it's fun to watch imaginary numbers of imaginary things go up.  The garbage I sell on Ebay goes into an ALLY bank account which I send to Coinbase.  I then transfer litecoins from coinbase to Kraken for the obscure coins.    You can transfer as little as .01 litecoins out of coinbase to other wallets, so it's good for tiny bits of money.  

9 minutes ago, Malsua said:

I BTFD last night on some Dogecoin and Stellar Lumens.  I'm up about 20% on Doggies and 10% on Lumens.  Not big numbers, but last night about 8pm was the bottom of the dip.

Of course next week I'll be wiped out, but hey, it's fun to watch imaginary numbers of imaginary things go up.  The garbage I sell on Ebay goes into an ALLY bank account which I send to Coinbase.  I then transfer litecoins from coinbase to Kraken for the obscure coins.    You can transfer as little as .01 litecoins out of coinbase to other wallets, so it's good for tiny bits of money.  

Kraken has more obscure coins than coinbase?

Kraken trades a dozen more than Coinbase and there's a couple on Coinbase that aren't on Kraken.

I was specifically looking at Dogecoins because they're super cheap and I can just stuff them and forget about it.  I attempted to trade in BTC about 5 years ago and my bank cancelled the transactions.   I would have been in BTC at around 1k each.  Not a big position, like .2btc but that $200 would have been about 10k now!    At .04 per Doge, 1000 coins can bake for as long as they need.

Kraken is also cheaper to trade.  

It'd be cheaper to transfer some BTC to Kraken, trade it, transfer it back.

• Informative 1

Have No Fear Crypto Bros.... Well...If your using leverage to trade..Then you should be scared shitless....JK JK..  nothing to fear.  Although I'm only trading straight up. . Were still in a Bull Run. Looking at 1 Wk chart.  Historically its been around 40% drop for it to be looking Bearish.     

Anyone subscribe to Motley?? Saw it mentioned... I've been on the fence.. Mainly due to the cost...vrs investing what it cost.. lol                    I remember seeing a 5G stock they were hinting was going to moon. 

BTC 1Wk Chart 2_25_21 - Copy.GIF

i use motley...did the $99 subscription to test out before thinking about the premium stuff they offer.  so far the site is meh, at best.

their recommendations made me money the 1st week i owned the stock, but 3 of the 5 i bought are down outright since i bought.

Bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered.  With that in mind, I punched out of the Crypto I bought on Paypal.   I bought about $100 worth of BTC and $50 of Etherium when they opened it up there in early December.  Both had more than doubled, so it was time for me to get out of there.  It was just because I had money sitting in Paypal that I bought it.

I just transferred those proceeds to my other banks that lets me push into Coinbase.   Thinking of buying a 10000 Siacoin or so, just in case it runs up to a dollar or more.  It's just mad money, so why not.

2 hours ago, NJSigfan said:

i use motley...did the $99 subscription to test out before thinking about the premium stuff they offer.  so far the site is meh, at best.

their recommendations made me money the 1st week i owned the stock, but 3 of the 5 i bought are down outright since i bought.

I think the entire market has been down. Give them some time and see how they recover 

4 hours ago, Cheflife15 said:

Team red checking in. Not sure what flipped the switch today. 

ditto....

been a wild last two weeks; early last week i was up to my highest balance yet. about a 30% rise in two days..  Watched it all fly away the last few days... May consider dumping what i have on the next nice rise..