Displaced Texan

Stock picks..anyone do some small time investing?

3 hours ago, Family1st said:

Have No Fear Crypto Bros.... Well...If your using leverage to trade..Then you should be scared shitless....JK JK..  nothing to fear.  Although I'm only trading straight up. . Were still in a Bull Run. Looking at 1 Wk chart.  Historically its been around 40% drop for it to be looking Bearish.     

Anyone subscribe to Motley?? Saw it mentioned... I've been on the fence.. Mainly due to the cost...vrs investing what it cost.. lol                    I remember seeing a 5G stock they were hinting was going to moon. 

BTC 1Wk Chart 2_25_21 - Copy.GIF

Steer clear of motley fool. They always parade around about their "best" advice... I've never been impressed with their track record. You don't need these investment advisors to help you, they simply track which sectors are trading well each day and jump on a few well performing stocks... in essence they are chasing the trends most of the time. That's not how you play stocks. 

If you want to trade stocks and be successful, you really need to dive into a specific sector and spend time reading about it each day to see what companies are doing, and what they are marketing. If there are regulations being imposed, and if companies are having issues. This is where it's super helpful to read about a companies profile and financial statements because you can see who is actually profitable. 

Montley fool stands out as a pump and dump type scheme, to me at least. 

• Agree 1

On 2/24/2021 at 2:40 PM, Malsua said:

Kraken trades a dozen more than Coinbase and there's a couple on Coinbase that aren't on Kraken.

I was specifically looking at Dogecoins because they're super cheap and I can just stuff them and forget about it.  I attempted to trade in BTC about 5 years ago and my bank cancelled the transactions.   I would have been in BTC at around 1k each.  Not a big position, like .2btc but that $200 would have been about 10k now!    At .04 per Doge, 1000 coins can bake for as long as they need.

Kraken is also cheaper to trade.  

It'd be cheaper to transfer some BTC to Kraken, trade it, transfer it back.

I'm missing out on Baking.  Have to learn more about it.  Hows it working out for you?   You recommend?  

1 hour ago, Family1st said:

I'm missing out on Baking.  Have to learn more about it.  Hows it working out for you?   You recommend?  

I bought 1500 Sia coins this morning and another 500 Dogecoins on Kraken.

Bought another 200 Stellar Lumens too.

Bought $60 worth of BTC on Coinbase just so I could transfer it to Kraken.

Just planning on letting these ride.   Probably never amount to anything but it's not a lot of money.  Big upside, little downside since it's just ebay BS money from garbage I sold.

• Informative 1

4 hours ago, Malsua said:

I bought 1500 Sia coins this morning and another 500 Dogecoins on Kraken.

Bought another 200 Stellar Lumens too.

Bought $60 worth of BTC on Coinbase just so I could transfer it to Kraken.

Just planning on letting these ride.   Probably never amount to anything but it's not a lot of money.  Big upside, little downside since it's just ebay BS money from garbage I sold.

I made a few hundred on dogecoin. Just gotta keep your eye on it and sell when you make some money. Alot of the guys i work with took a round trip on it. 

1 hour ago, Cheflife15 said:

Any good picks for where my stimulus is going to go? Im up about 80 percent on Disney, i can see that going higher with the virus disappearing. 

So I'm taking a bit of a gamble on NFTs.  I figure there's going to be a lot of interest in this nonsense in the short term.  Since there is a lot of dodgy garbage surrounding this, I decided to buy into some Tezos crypto.  Tezos is relatively new, but it is built for several things, including NFTs.   

If it can capture a bit of the NFT craze(and it has already), it'll shoot up bigly.    It not, it probably won't bottom out to zero.   So it's got a good chance at a big upside and a low chance of a huge downside.   It's still just mad money, so if it goes, it goes.     It's off its peak, but we shall see.

As to individual stocks, no.   Stick it in a mega cap growth fund.  The FAANGs aren't going anywhere.

Politicians should hang for insider trading, but the other interesting part of this article is in reference to augmented reality headsets supplied to .mil by Microsoft. it’s called IVAS. They use the Microvision engine/chipset to make it all work. 

To me, this looks like the beginning of run up for MVIS. 

https://www.thestreet.com/mishtalk/economics/nancy-pelosis-husband-uses-call-options-to-buy-microsoft-ahead-of-big-govt-contract

• Informative 1

On 4/14/2021 at 2:20 PM, Displaced Texan said:

Politicians should hang for insider trading, but the other interesting part of this article is in reference to augmented reality headsets supplied to .mil by Microsoft. it’s called IVAS. They use the Microvision engine/chipset to make it all work. 

To me, this looks like the beginning of run up for MVIS. 

https://www.thestreet.com/mishtalk/economics/nancy-pelosis-husband-uses-call-options-to-buy-microsoft-ahead-of-big-govt-contract

MVIS had a nice jump today.

I feel ya Chef,  Could of killed it with Doge.had I kept.. But turned $50 into $200.  Had i timed it better $600... Next time... lol 

Stocks still blaahhh.. PLTR, BNGO, LAZR, DNN,  Still in the red with all of them..     Even NIO.  But there on the rebound.  Been a lousy couple weeks for stock picks.   

For NFT's i'm in on ONE, and OMI.   

For crypto,  What yas think about CAKE... pancake swap?? 

10 minutes ago, Family1st said:

I feel ya Chef,  Could of killed it with Doge.had I kept.. But turned $50 into $200.  Had i timed it better $600... Next time... lol 

Stocks still blaahhh.. PLTR, BNGO, LAZR, DNN,  Still in the red with all of them..     Even NIO.  But there on the rebound.  Been a lousy couple weeks for stock picks.   

For NFT's i'm in on ONE, and OMI.   

For crypto,  What yas think about CAKE... pancake swap?? 

As far as crypto i just got ibto safemoon. Might be the next pump and dump. 

1 hour ago, Malsua said:

How did you buy it?  At the current price, I'm willing to buy 100,000 :)

Its a bit of a process, add money to coinbase, buy some bitcoin, transfer to bitsmart, sell it to usdt, then use that to buy it. Itll be on some exchanges next week so it'll be a bit easier soon but its always nice to be on the ground floor

10 hours ago, Cheflife15 said:

Its a bit of a process, add money to coinbase, buy some bitcoin, transfer to bitsmart, sell it to usdt, then use that to buy it. Itll be on some exchanges next week so it'll be a bit easier soon but its always nice to be on the ground floor

Ok, so I'm in :)

I'm now the proud(ok, not so proud) owner of 3623990 safemoons.

If my calculations are correct, When these babies hit 88 cents, you're going to see some serious shit!

safemoon.JPG

Oh and that was a bit of an end run to get there, thanks.  lol.   I sent $25 of BTC, bought tether then Safemoon.