Displaced Texan

Stock picks..anyone do some small time investing?

4 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

I have a few thousand Dogecoin as well, bought at around $.005. 
My prediction is similar to others above, when it hits $1 people are going to dump it. It will bounce back. 
I don’t really have a lot of $$ to lose in it, so I’ll hold it for awhile and see what happens. 

A good chunk of my Doge is at .04ish, .004 would have been awesome!.

You can put in limit trades and have it sell at whatever you'd like, the key is to figure out where the masses are at and front run it.   I thought about that, but how far do you front run it from a dollar?  I'm guessing .945 or somesuch might be safe, but who knows.

Yeah I’ll see what happens with it. 
I bought 2000 at $.005, what’s that like a $10 total investment? 

If I sell at $1, I make $1990. I’m betting at the $1 mark people dump it, but it will bounce back over a longer term. 
Not sure what I will do with it yet. 

1 hour ago, Displaced Texan said:

Yeah I’ll see what happens with it. 
I bought 2000 at $.005, what’s that like a $10 total investment? 

If I sell at $1, I make $1990. I’m betting at the $1 mark people dump it, but it will bounce back over a longer term. 
Not sure what I will do with it yet. 

There is always hookers and booze.

22 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

Hookers and booze don’t pay for my retirement!!! 

I dunno, when you show up back home covered in glitter, smelling of whore and stinking drunk, your spouse might decide to retire you on the spot.

23 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

I taught her to shoot, and she has the safe combo. 

It'd be quick then.

Those 48 previous hours would be glorious though.   No worries about getting the gift that keeps on giving(herp).  

Ricky Gervais has a quote that I like to repeat.   

He said "Someone asked me what it's like after you die".  

His response? "You know those 4 billion years before you were born?  It's just like that."

And I am not frightened of dying any time will do, I don't mind, Why should I be frightened of dying?  There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime

I aint afraid of Dying,  But i am afraid sometimes I'm not living..... lol    Then crypto pumps and wham Im back....

ADA baby!!! Finally starting to move...  And then it dies.  lol   Tezos is looking great!!  

9 hours ago, Family1st said:

I aint afraid of Dying,  But i am afraid sometimes I'm not living..... lol    Then crypto pumps and wham Im back....

ADA baby!!! Finally starting to move...  And then it dies.  lol   Tezos is looking great!!  

On March 17, when I posted here about Tezos, it was at $3.92.  Currently at $7.66, and was up over $8 at one point.  Sadly I only bought 38 coins.  My mistakes seem to be not buying in enough.

I'm thinking about dropping a few thousand into BTC/ETH at 50/50 and forgetting about it.  Eth looks like it's going to hit 10k before the end of this year.  It'll probably pull back a lot, like 5k after that, but it'd still be a win and I don't think BTC is going to have a major pull back.

On a side note, I did manage to get my 200,000,000 Elons.    Uniswap was borked for a day so I missed out on almost a doubling from the first 5 million I bought.  Eth Gas cost is insane right now.

1 hour ago, Malsua said:

On March 17, when I posted here about Tezos, it was at $3.92.  Currently at $7.66, and was up over $8 at one point.  Sadly I only bought 38 coins.  My mistakes seem to be not buying in enough.

I'm thinking about dropping a few thousand into BTC/ETH at 50/50 and forgetting about it.  Eth looks like it's going to hit 10k before the end of this year.  It'll probably pull back a lot, like 5k after that, but it'd still be a win and I don't think BTC is going to have a major pull back.

On a side note, I did manage to get my 200,000,000 Elons.    Uniswap was borked for a day so I missed out on almost a doubling from the first 5 million I bought.  Eth Gas cost is insane right now.

I have probably said this before here, but for context, I am new at this, like 2021 new, stock market investing included.  I have found that most coins that I buy and leave alone basically do well.  Have there been many exceptions to this?  I realize that I have not yet experienced a major price drop/fall (other than BTC bouncing between 50k and 60k)  which is probably why my opinion has developed that way it has sofar.

I started this type of investing realizing that I would have to change my mindset of wanting to hold on to investments, but I have found sofar that holding on still makes sense.  I am just trying to get a better feel for how much may be too much.  

18 minutes ago, father-of-three said:

I have probably said this before here, but for context, I am new at this, like 2021 new, stock market investing included.  I have found that most coins that I buy and leave alone basically do well.  Have there been many exceptions to this?  I realize that I have not yet experienced a major price drop/fall (other than BTC bouncing between 50k and 60k)  which is probably why my opinion has developed that way it has sofar.

I started this type of investing realizing that I would have to change my mindset of wanting to hold on to investments, but I have found sofar that holding on still makes sense.  I am just trying to get a better feel for how much may be too much.  

Right now I'm just gambling on Crypto.  I fully expect to take some serious dings when the market falls.

That said, if you ask 100 random people on the street, how many do you think own crypto?  Probably none.  Ask the same how many own stocks?  Last I checked it's about 50%.  What does that tell you?  That tells you it's very early.    There is a LOT of money headed into Crypto.   There's going to be some roller coasters, but 2021 is the first year with any real level of "retail" investors.   That's you and me.

Hodling right now is a reasonably safe choice because once the big institutions start putting money in Crypto, it's going to really take off.

This is not to say that Crypto 10 years from now looks anything like Crypto today...it won't.  There will be tons of fallout.

Imagine getting in on Netflix when it was $15 at the IPO?  If you happen to catch one of those, and maybe it's a Tezos, you will be able to retire.

I'm hoping it's ELON.  (it's not, nor will it be).   My 200,000,000 Dogelons might some day be worth $200 bucks and I'll rule the world!

• Thanks 1

Take advantage of this opportunity while it lasts.  We have aprox 4, 5 months left of this bull cycle.  Historically BTC will start falling in September, October.   This is when its recommend to sell and invest in a stable coin.  Until you see an opportunity arise.  Their will be some... but not like its been.  Just fair warning.  Now there's a chance we see a "Super Cycle" that runs up past Sept. Oct.  This would be an anomaly. For a while now... You almost can't pick a wrong crypto. as long as you stick to the main exchanges.  

Yes!!  were in the infancy stages for a lot of these Alt coins.  Hell even BTC and ETH are going to explode over the next few years .  

Wait to these coins are available directly for retirement accounts,   Crypto Self Directed IRA  Hell yeah!!

Mal, Have you checked out Pancake Swap?   I realized what I was doing wrong on it... Why it wasn' going through.  Never white listed my address's.  By default even when the options off on your account. You have to white list the address your sending it to.. 

11 hours ago, Family1st said:

Mal, Have you checked out Pancake Swap?   I realized what I was doing wrong on it... Why it wasn' going through.  Never white listed my address's.  By default even when the options off on your account. You have to white list the address your sending it to.. 

I'm familiar with Pancake swap but I've got Uniswap down pat at this point.  I think the problem I was having the other day was related to the V3 update.   Then they broke the coinbase wallet integration for 24 hours or so. 

It's fixed now.  I was going to buy some Tel on Uniswap but I went ahead and opened a Kucoin account since the fees are pennies vs dollars.  Etherium gas prices make doing uniswap eth trades a bad deal.

On 5/9/2021 at 9:27 PM, Cheflife15 said:

Anyone worried about a large stock market "correction"? 

Im debating putting most of my money in etfs and index funds to get through the next year or so. 

Yes, I'm worried.  No, not going to do anything about it.   As long as your withdraw horizon is far enough out, there's no sense in worrying about it.  It'll come back.  If it doesn't, we're in Cormac McCarthy's "The Road", so it doesn't much matter anyway.

That said, if you have any that's reasonably accessible, you could take some profits.

If it's locked up in a 401k until you're 59 1/2, then let it ride.

As a side note, nice to wake up and find my $60 gamble on Dogelon is currently worth around $285 and no sign of stopping.  Not bad for week.

The only problem with Dogelon is all the liquidity is in Uniswap and the gas fees are stupid right now.   That said, I ate $21 or so to get my 200,000,000 Dogelons.

The interesting thing about Dogelon is they burned half the liquidity at the start and locked the rest up in a liquidity pool.   This means that a bunch of developers aren't sitting on giant piles of them, like Doge.  

The initial startup on this coin actually spent some real money, so it looks like there is someone named "Elon" behind it.  Not saying it's Elon Musk though ;)

11 hours ago, Cheflife15 said:

Anyone else sick of musk manipulating the cryto markets?

Well, Vitalik did the same thing.

He purged much or all of his positions in Shib, Elon and a few others.

He takes a huge tax write-off and tanks meme coins that are driving eth gas prices up.

The meme coins are recovering though.

I think the real issue is concentrated power.

Musk is right though.  BTC needs to switch to proof of stake and the mining will stop.   That cannot happen until all the BTC coins are mined, 20 years from now.  This means that external forces make make BTC socially unacceptable.  

So when us investors have huge profits, how much will we keep? Oh boy, we're #3 with a bullet!

Mapped: Biden’s Capital Gain Tax Increase Proposal by State – Investment Watch (investmentwatchblog.com)

States with the Highest Capital Gain Tax Rates Under Biden’s Plan

State Top Capital Gains Rate (Proposed)
1. California 56.7%
2. New York 54.3%
3. New Jersey 54.2%
4. Minnesota 53.3%
5. Oregon 53.3%
6. Washington, D.C. 52.4%
7. Vermont 52.2%
8. Hawaii 50.7%
9. Maine 50.6%
10. Connecticut 50.4%

6 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

So when us investors have huge profits, how much will we keep? Oh boy, we're #3 with a bullet!

Mapped: Biden’s Capital Gain Tax Increase Proposal by State – Investment Watch (investmentwatchblog.com)

1. California 56.7%
2. New York 54.3%
3. New Jersey 54.2%
4. Minnesota 53.3%
5. Oregon 53.3%
7. Vermont 52.2%
8. Hawaii 50.7%
9. Maine 50.6%
10. Connecticut 50.4%

Is this for every one, or just if you make "more than 400k" or whatever bs hes been saying

1 hour ago, 45Doll said:

1. California 56.7%
2. New York 54.3%
3. New Jersey 54.2%
4. Minnesota 53.3%
5. Oregon 53.3%
7. Vermont 52.2%
8. Hawaii 50.7%
9. Maine 50.6%
10. Connecticut 50.4%

Every single day I see something that reminds me what a good decision it is to be a Florida Resident.   My NJ DL is cut up now.

While I'm up here in NJ getting the house on the Market, I almost got creamed on RT4 this morning.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cheflife15 said:

Is this for every one, or just if you make "more than 400k" or whatever bs hes been saying

That thought has crossed my mind often too.

Having never had stocks before this year, I assumed I would have ro pay something next year.   Even for my miniscule investment  amounts, 50+% would suck.

3 hours ago, 45Doll said:

1. California 56.7%
2. New York 54.3%
3. New Jersey 54.2%
4. Minnesota 53.3%
5. Oregon 53.3%
7. Vermont 52.2%
8. Hawaii 50.7%
9. Maine 50.6%
10. Connecticut 50.4%

God I can’t wait to move OUT of this endless tax cesspool. 

4 hours ago, 45Doll said:

1. California 56.7%
2. New York 54.3%
3. New Jersey 54.2%
4. Minnesota 53.3%
5. Oregon 53.3%
7. Vermont 52.2%
8. Hawaii 50.7%
9. Maine 50.6%
10. Connecticut 50.4%

Ouch! Maine got stuck at #9 in front of Connecticut.  It also sucks that the entire state or Oregon has to pay the price for Portland, but that's what happens when a big city or two get to run an entire state.

Safemoon getting listed, should be a nice ride.  I also jumped in on Shiba, also on Bitmart.  Word is Elon supposed  to support of ADA,  Big things ahead for ADA even if Elon doesn't support. Honestly hope he doesn't.  Ohh also bought some Bitmart.  Good exchange, can see people using it to find those hidden gems.  

• Like 1

On 5/7/2021 at 10:00 AM, Malsua said:

Right now I'm just gambling on Crypto.  I fully expect to take some serious dings when the market falls.

That said, if you ask 100 random people on the street, how many do you think own crypto?  Probably none.  Ask the same how many own stocks?  Last I checked it's about 50%.  What does that tell you?  That tells you it's very early.    There is a LOT of money headed into Crypto.   There's going to be some roller coasters, but 2021 is the first year with any real level of "retail" investors.   That's you and me.

Hodling right now is a reasonably safe choice because once the big institutions start putting money in Crypto, it's going to really take off.

This is not to say that Crypto 10 years from now looks anything like Crypto today...it won't.  There will be tons of fallout.

Imagine getting in on Netflix when it was $15 at the IPO?  If you happen to catch one of those, and maybe it's a Tezos, you will be able to retire.

I'm hoping it's ELON.  (it's not, nor will it be).   My 200,000,000 Dogelons might some day be worth $200 bucks and I'll rule the world!

There appears to be a bit of a serious ding this week.  I will sound optimistic and say it's only Wednesday and there's room for improvement.