Displaced Texan

Stock picks..anyone do some small time investing?

3 hours ago, father-of-three said:

There appears to be a bit of a serious ding this week.  I will sound optimistic and say it's only Wednesday and there's room for improvement.

It's a bloodbath!   The end is nigh!

Either that or a buying opportunity.   I'm selling my truck and my car.  If I had that money today, I'd dump every penny into BTC.

• Haha 1

Vista Outdoors (VSTO) I've built a position starting with 25 shares @$11 June 2020 to current avg cost of $23 for total of 140 shares. Currently 66% return. I've also owned s&w and Olin and 1 share of ruger. Vista is by far the most profitable. Have another order in for 100 shares @ $34, waiting for cyclical drop. Originally started investing Jan 2020 with 26K from VA comp retro award. Currently at +4K%. 2020 was a VERY good year for me.

On 5/19/2021 at 12:34 PM, Malsua said:

It's a bloodbath!   The end is nigh!

Either that or a buying opportunity.   I'm selling my truck and my car.  If I had that money today, I'd dump every penny into BTC.

Did you sell your car and your truck today?  It looks like there's a second chance for buying this week if you did.  I'll be checking later to see if today's dip dips more...

Any good steady sector stocks or etfs to invest a few 1000? Im up about 6 percent on xlp, might put more in there since its consumer staples. 

Looking to have some safer slower stocks. We've put off on buying a home for a year or two and i dont need to get rich quick. I'm just looking to not get completely destroyed by inflation. 

I bought 10 shares of AMC Tuesday for $30.50.   Yesterday they went up to over $60.   Today it should go up to $100.

Once the short squeeze is triggered, Lambo soon ;)

I also put in for 2 more shares last night with a market limit order of $72.80.    That number is simply what I have available in my settlement account.

There is going to be a forensic audit on this stock due to the amount of naked short selling.  This will put further upward pressure on this stock.   $100k is not going to happen.   $500 is entirely possible though.

If you've got some gambling money, you might still be able to catch the ride up.   I don't believe the short-squeeze is triggered yet.  Once that happens though, it's going to be fun to see hedge billionaires squeal.

11 minutes ago, Malsua said:

I bought 10 shares of AMC Tuesday for $30.50.   Yesterday they went up to over $60.   Today it should go up to $100.

Once the short squeeze is triggered, Lambo soon ;)

I also put in for 2 more shares last night with a market limit order of $72.80.    That number is simply what I have available in my settlement account.

There is going to be a forensic audit on this stock due to the amount of naked short selling.  This will put further upward pressure on this stock.   $100k is not going to happen.   $500 is entirely possible though.

If you've got some gambling money, you might still be able to catch the ride up.   I don't believe the short-squeeze is triggered yet.  Once that happens though, it's going to be fun to see hedge billionaires squeal.

Wish you would've posted this yesterday! I wanted a lambo too! Seems lots of meme stocks should be running today. Should be interesting at the very least. Good luck !

Just now, Cheflife15 said:

Wish you would've posted this yesterday! I wanted a lambo too! Seems lots of meme stocks should be running today. Should be interesting at the very least. Good luck !

Honestly, I didn't think about it.  I'm in the process of selling my house, I dropped in to my Vanguard account bought it and forgot about it until I looked at it last evening.

Anyone looking for a house.....

https://www.zillow.com/homes/2095-Lakeside-Dr-W-Highland-Lakes,-NJ,-07422_rb/39965166_zpid/

finger crossed this one rides like GME.

I bought 100 shares of AMC, NOK and GPRO back in January when the Redditors blew up GME.  toyed with selling them since they were either flatline or underwater, glad I didn't.  If they ride I'll have a healthy fun gun money pot for 2022!!

• Like 1

So Warren buffett has a saying.  

“Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful.”

I have been greedily buying up shitcoins!   I upped my stake in Dogelon from 200,000,000 tokens to just about 1,500,000,000.  You can buy it on Kucoin now instead of uniswap.

I did also buy a little bit more safemoon just to get my numbers even up.

I bought 500 billion Rocket Bunny tokens for like $25 on uniswap.  It's a cool deflationary token and every time I look, my quantity of tokens is higher.  Of course they did start out with 777,000,000,000,000,000 tokens, so there's a _LONG_ way to go to get rid of some of these zeros.  In a few years, it could deflate half a dozen zeros and turn into some real money.

When the market turns around, all of these tokens, which are run by decent dev teams, should remove a few zeros from the right of the decimal point.  

I also have been dollar cost averaging into BTC so I'm sorta buying all these dips and drops.  I did up my stake in Cardano too.

Just for what it's worth, I have less than $250 in all my shitcoins purchases, so it's not like I'm really gambling real money.  Feels a bit like a lottery ticket so it's fun to watch.  Shrug.

I hope no one here got burned by Robinhood:

....."Robinhood will pay a record $70 million fine, the largest ever slapped down by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).

The regulator found the popular trading platform misled millions of customers, allowed unqualified accounts to trade options and mishandled a widespread outage in March of 2020.

"The fine imposed in this matter, the highest ever levied by FINRA, reflects the scope and seriousness of Robinhood’s violations, including FINRA’s finding that Robinhood communicated false and misleading information to millions of its customers," said Jessica Hopper, executive vice president and head of FINRA’s Department of Enforcement in the disclosure.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/robinhood-finra-record-fine-70-million-retail-ipo

4 hours ago, Sniper said:

I hope no one here got burned by Robinhood:

....."Robinhood will pay a record $70 million fine, the largest ever slapped down by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).

The regulator found the popular trading platform misled millions of customers, allowed unqualified accounts to trade options and mishandled a widespread outage in March of 2020.

"The fine imposed in this matter, the highest ever levied by FINRA, reflects the scope and seriousness of Robinhood’s violations, including FINRA’s finding that Robinhood communicated false and misleading information to millions of its customers," said Jessica Hopper, executive vice president and head of FINRA’s Department of Enforcement in the disclosure.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/robinhood-finra-record-fine-70-million-retail-ipo

I don't understand why anyone would use Robinhood in the first place.  What's so special about it?  There's nothing there that I can't do with Vanguard or Ameritrade or one of the others.  Because it's an App?  Low/no fees?   They started forcibly liquidating people when the hedgies needed liquidity.   You couldn't buy.   I would have been out of there the next moment.

1 hour ago, Malsua said:

I don't understand why anyone would use Robinhood in the first place.

Wasn't it mostly the Millennial kids, just following along like sheep with the WallStreetBets crowd, and betting their lunch money on Game Stop?

Does anyone follow Techlead on Youtube?

He's a snarky crypto bear and pretty funny once you understand his sense of humor.  

He's a former Facebook and Google tech lead.

He shits on crypto constantly, then launched a coin for Millionaires, like him.  Again, if you watch his videos, you understand how funny that is. lol.

I bought $100 of it yesterday, today it's worth double that.   

https://twitter.com/techleadhd/status/1410622194137243649

If you do buy any of it on uniswap, make sure you're using the right contract and not Mushroom or 1mt.

https://milliontoken.org/

It's not a rugpull because he says it's not!  LOL.  That's the irony of it.  I actually believe this guy :).

It's $100, the worst that happens is I'm rugged to $10 because of the way he pegged liquidity.  I've burned up $100 in ammo in an hour without a second thought, so I'll gamble on this one too!

Today,

MM hit $155 a token and it is still climbing.

I sold off 2 of them today at $99 each and recouped my initial outlay and made about $100.  

3 hours later it was $150 a token!  Ah well, I'm ahead and now it's all house money.

My current holdings are sitting around $1500.  Weeeeeeee

Been talking to a few of my financial guys recently. They all seem to agree that we're at mid-cycle already in the recovery, and things will start to roll over soon. If you're thinking of taking some profits, maybe consider doing it sooner than later.

We  went into recession in February 2020, just before the Covid crazy hit. The with the massive money printing game, it pulled us out of the recession by April 2020 (on paper) even though 35 million were on unemployment at that time. You've all see the market climb the past year.

A year ago, the DOW was at 26,500. A year later (now) it's at 34,700. Ahhhh, the effects of TRILLIONS in fake money!!

Now, they think this cycle will be one of the shortest, where we hit mid cycle in a year, and it will start trending down soon.

Another interesting data point:

"Weakest We've Ever Witnessed": Morgan Stanley Warns Crashing Breadth Will Result In "Material Correction"

Wilson points out that during the mid-cycle transition, forward P/Es typically fall by 20% while so far, P/Es have only fallen by 5% while forward earnings are up close to 20%,hence an S&P 500 that is currently up approximately 15%. As he warns, "if our narrative and framework are correct, P/Es should start to fall sharply over the next few months, bringing the index closer to our year-end target of 3900."

Well, as Wilson adds, in addition to all of the other market signals that support his midcycle transition narrative, "the overall market breadth has deteriorated significantly." He notes that this is also consistent with a mid-cycle transition "and usually precedes a material index level correction that marks the end of it."

How bad is the breadth? According to the Morgan Stanley strategist, over the last month, "it's the weakest we have ever witnessed, with the S&P 500 making new all-time highs." More specifically, there are more stocks making new 52-week lows than highs when looking at the broad universe of stocks in the US market.

narrow%20breadth_1.jpg?itok=pecKi0lf

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/weakest-weve-ever-witnessed-morgan-stanley-warns-crashing-breadth-will-result-material

How many of you guys jumped on the Robinhood IPO this morning??

...."Shares of Robinhood slipped as much as 10% during its Nasdaq debut on Thursday, after pricing shares at the low end of the IPO range.

The online brokerage started trading on the Nasdaq at $38 per share, valuing the company at roughly $32 billion. This was at the low end of Robinhood’s IPO range of $38 to $42 per share.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/29/robinhood-hood-ipo-stock-starts-trading-on-the-nasdaq.html

53 minutes ago, Sniper said:

How many of you guys jumped on the Robinhood IPO this morning??

...."Shares of Robinhood slipped as much as 10% during its Nasdaq debut on Thursday, after pricing shares at the low end of the IPO range.

The online brokerage started trading on the Nasdaq at $38 per share, valuing the company at roughly $32 billion. This was at the low end of Robinhood’s IPO range of $38 to $42 per share.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/29/robinhood-hood-ipo-stock-starts-trading-on-the-nasdaq.html

Robinhood is a shit company, so I wouldn't use their stock for Toilet paper if it were free.

That said, watching what happened with Coinbase, anyone who bought Robinhood is a numb nutz.   The first few days is simply pre-sale whale wallets dumping their shares.

1 hour ago, Malsua said:

Robinhood is a shit company, so I wouldn't use their stock for Toilet paper if it were free.

That said, watching what happened with Coinbase, anyone who bought Robinhood is a numb nutz.   The first few days is simply pre-sale whale wallets dumping their shares.

I bought a few shares on the dip. It has plenty of room to grow from the 35 i bought in at. 

2 hours ago, Cheflife15 said:

I'm up 50 percent on hood today after pre market. I think it has plenty of room to grow still. 

The Wall Street Bets kids are pumping like hell, just like Game Stop. The volume and volatility is crazy...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sniper said:

The Wall Street Bets kids are pumping like hell, just like Game Stop. The volume and volatility is crazy...

Yeah I'm hoping it keeps running. I'm up 89 percent at the moment. I'm in pretty low so I'll ride it out , collect my initial investment and let the rest ride. 

29 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

Beginning of the blood bath? 

DOW has been  down about 1k over the last week and then down a little over 600 points today.  

What are you looking to buy during this sale?  Or are you drinking to console your loses?  I think  the next few weeks could get ugly.

I came to the forum to ask the same thing. I'm about to sell alot and keep some cash ready for some buys later on. 

The S&P does 5% drops around 3 times a year and a 10% drop every year and a half or so.

Give it a few days to settle and buy the dip.

This is probably caused a little by the impending Evergrande Chicom implosion and also because it's September.

Everyone expects the market to drop in September....so it does.

• Thanks 1