Displaced Texan

Stock picks..anyone do some small time investing?

On 9/20/2021 at 9:19 PM, Malsua said:

The S&P does 5% drops around 3 times a year and a 10% drop every year and a half or so.

Give it a few days to settle and buy the dip.

This is probably caused a little by the impending Evergrande Chicom implosion and also because it's September.

Everyone expects the market to drop in September....so it does.

I am hoping that MVIS and POWW can make some post-September recoveries.

• Agree 1

On 10/8/2021 at 11:27 PM, father-of-three said:

I am hoping that MVIS and POWW can make some post-September recoveries.

I dumped MVIS a couple months back.  Still holding POWW waiting for it to recover.  Bought MO the other day, up about $4/ share.  

Im still holding 4000 shares of MVIS I bought at $.29. I sold the other 4000 shares when it hit $16. 
No matter what happens with them now, I made my $. 

Bombarder is doing well for me. Bought at $.49, it was $1.60 last I checked. 
SHIP as well. Bought at $.50, it was $1.50 the other day when I checked. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

Im still holding 4000 shares of MVIS I bought at $.29. I sold the other 4000 shares when it hit $16. 
No matter what happens with them now, I made my $. 

Bombarder is doing well for me. Bought at $.49, it was $1.60 last I checked. 
SHIP as well. Bought at $.50, it was $1.50 the other day when I checked. 

Yes.  Bombardier makes my small portfolio smile.  I think I bought it at .55.   Thanks for the tip!

Just now, father-of-three said:

Yes.  Bombardier makes my small portfolio smile.  I think I bought it at .55.   Thanks for the tip!

Yall are missing the point of this thread. We should be talking about the ones we buy before they take off lol.

I want my portfolio to smile more too!

2 hours ago, Cheflife15 said:

I have a few bucks I'm looking to invest.  Any blue chips you guys really like? 

Just buy VOO or VTI.  That's as close as a sure fire "safe" bet as you're going to get but still has great growth.

VTI is includes small and mid caps, so if one of those segments performs strongly either direction, it shows up in the overall.

VTI tends to outperform VOO in the long run but when there is a correction, it tends to eat it harder.

As long as you can hold for at least 18 months, either will recover any potential correction.

I have a lot in Voog(the growth version of Voo) and a lot more in VTI.  VOOV has been a dog lately, so don't buy it.  I sold my position when it finally made it green.

• Thanks 1

On 1/14/2021 at 1:45 PM, NJSigfan said:

are you guys talking about this ETH??  its off the high of the day, but still a decent run...12%

image.png.fa41ff045306412dd1a2a97eae7ca408.png

Crazy to look back and see this at about 4k less than a year later.  Did anyone get in on shib coin ? It's supposed to run for at least a few more days

5 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

Crazy to look back and see this at about 4k less than a year later.  Did anyone get in on shib coin ? It's supposed to run for at least a few more days

I have said this a bunch of times.  Dollar Cost Average 50% BTC 50% Eth and profit.

I also bought about $150 of Shiba Inu some while back.

Tonight, I sold $200 of it and sent that money into my BTC wallet.

I still own about 8,000,000 shib which is currently worth about $550.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Malsua said:

I have said this a bunch of times.  Dollar Cost Average 50% BTC 50% Eth and profit.

I also bought about $150 of Shiba Inu some while back.

Tonight, I sold $200 of it and sent that money into my BTC wallet.

I still own about 8,000,000 shib which is currently worth about $550.

Yeah I'm sitting on a nice crypto stash. I bought alot when China banned it and everything dropped by like half. I think this bull run continues until January. 

Anyone get in on POWW  (ammo inc)  back when that symbol was tossed around here?  I did! lol   Its been a downer for me, im currently down 45%..   

Cant figure out why.. Sales, profits, statements, etc etc are all out standing. What gives?!       

Recent letter from CEO to share holders tempts me to buy more shares and at least average down.

Thought? 

7 hours ago, eyeinstine said:

Anyone get in on POWW  (ammo inc)  back when that symbol was tossed around here?  I did! lol   Its been a downer for me, im currently down 45%..   

Cant figure out why.. Sales, profits, statements, etc etc are all out standing. What gives?!       

Recent letter from CEO to share holders tempts me to buy more shares and at least average down.

Thought? 

I did. And like you, I can’t figure it out. 

12 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

I did. And like you, I can’t figure it out. 

Whats your thoughts long term?    

Im seriously thinking of grabbing some more shares...   My only fear is when ammo availbility gets back to more normal prices and stock levels, and POWW hasnt turned me profit before then, then it never will...  It really should be hitting high marks the past 6 months or more.

19 hours ago, eyeinstine said:

Thought? 

I initially had some at $7,  then it did that slide to $4 and bought more then.  It's still up and down a bit.  Smith and Wesson is on the low side too recently.

1 hour ago, father-of-three said:

I initially had some at $7,  then it did that slide to $4 and bought more then.  It's still up and down a bit.  Smith and Wesson is on the low side too recently.

I bought in at 8.53….  :(     It went up a little from there and then just down hill since…. Seems it’s bottom and hanging in the 4’s..

S&W scares me.. The buffon and his jackasses in the white house keep throwing out the idea of repealing the law that protects gun manufactures from lawsuits..  that happens and gun makers stocks will plummet im sure…

• Like 1

3 hours ago, father-of-three said:

Almost EVERYTHING is down recently.  If you liked it at $7 or $8 you should buy more while it's on sale at just under $5!

They own Gunbroker.com?  Interesting.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, eyeinstine said:

Whats your thoughts long term?    

Im seriously thinking of grabbing some more shares...   My only fear is when ammo availbility gets back to more normal prices and stock levels, and POWW hasnt turned me profit before then, then it never will...  It really should be hitting high marks the past 6 months or more.

My thoughts are to buy more while it’s on sale. 

• Agree 1

anyone dabble in new stocks these past few weeks?  i picked up more dividend paying stocks like MO and SPG and closed out positions on some dogs like pinterest and HUT 8 mining.  Now debating dumping my POWW stock since its been a dog for me.  any strategy to keeping it long term?  it doesn't pay a dividend, its 10 months off its high of $10.XX+ and has traded narrow between $4.5 and $5.5 for most of 2022 and analysts are now bearish on it.  

let me know what you guys think.