Displaced Texan

Stock picks..anyone do some small time investing?

Stand by for a bear market. We're about to break down below 29,000.

-213.88 @ 1:22

Note: And BOOM! There it is. 28,977 @ 1:42

Edited by 45Doll
Note added.
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, father-of-three said:

The flirt is now with 28,000...

Whoops.  I just read your previous post.

Yeah, no big whoop. We'll see where it closes. We're not in the market so we're ambivalent. But it certainly is one important economic indicator. (Although since the dot com bubble I think the market is much more of a speculative investor mood gauge than an actual measure of the economy.)

41 minutes ago, SW9racer said:

My crystal ball is broken, should have bailed months ago.  Any thoughts if bottom is in site? Or time to slowly cash out before the panic selling (which has not happened yet)?  This time of year is typically bad anyway. 

I don’t think we’ve hit bottom yet….stand by, it’s gonna be a bumpy ride. 

17 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

Apple, Microsoft, Disney, Amazon. Essentially any blue chip stock imo

Agree. 

8 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

I wonder how much personal wealth has been destroyed under this administration?

Don't quote me on this because I wasn't paying too close attention, but I recall reading a couple weeks ago something that suggested Americans have lost almost 3 Trillion in personal wealth since Biden was elected.

• Sad 1

On 10/7/2022 at 2:48 PM, Scorpio64 said:

Don't quote me on this because I wasn't paying too close attention, but I recall reading a couple weeks ago something that suggested Americans have lost almost 3 Trillion in personal wealth since Biden was elected.

My 403b has lost about 20% in the past year.

• Sad 2

On 10/19/2022 at 9:37 AM, Xtors said:

So... another up day today on tap then?

Today was up huge.  The "good" news?  The Fed may stop their pre-announced 0.75% rate hikes after November and go with smaller "we'll raise rates in smaller increments as we see how things develop" starting next year.  They also stated they want to see the Fed funds at about 4.50% - 4.75%.

So this means we'll likely see two to three smaller rate hikes earlier next year after the last of their "pre-baked" 0.75% hike next month. 

This doesn't really sound like good news to me.  Especially since none of the "pre-baked" larger rate raises have seemed to really slow inflation.  

But consumers seem to be spending, spending, spending according to recent announcement by American Express.  Hhhhmmmm, could that maybe be because EVERYTHING cost MORE than it did less than a year ago and to simply purchase the same amound of food, gas, etc consumers HAVE to spend more??   

On 10/21/2022 at 7:16 PM, gleninjersey said:

But consumers seem to be spending, spending, spending according to recent announcement by American Express

I'd be worried about all this spending and accumulating credit card debt. See what happens when they max out, holidays right around the corner. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, sysakyk said:

I enjoy reading comments on forums like this one because I see different ideas to try in the future. I dabbled here and there in different ways to earn crypto. I don’t invest a lot and I consider it a side hustle that provides some pocket money.

You can't "dabble" in crypto. You really need to know the ins and outs if you don't want to get fucked. Tons of exchanges went bankrupt, and some outright stole from customers, or get hacked. 

On 10/21/2022 at 8:36 PM, Bklynracer said:

I'd be worried about all this spending and accumulating credit card debt. See what happens when they max out, holidays right around the corner. 

Our economy is flat lining, yet jobs are up? Payroll is up? Historic black Friday sales on top of inflation. 

Yes, there is a reality here that many are going to be hurting from in the next year or 2. 

Most established companies are laying off people because they know the near future is going to be a whole Lotta economic hurt. 

12 minutes ago, sysakyk said:

I dabbled here and there in different ways to earn crypto.

It's a tricky market.  Kinda like real estate,  being your own agent to cut out the middleman so you don't have to share the profits, or comparing property values in the USA and Australia. or investing in Mopar A Body cars.

How's the weather in Austin?  That is where you said you are from on another forum.  Also, been a busy boy today.  Looks like you joined a few forums just today and necro-posted unrelated content.  What's up with that?

Strange that someone from Austin (maybe) first post on a gun forum is about crypto, like your posts on the car forum was about real estate.

Ka Ray Zeeeeeee

• Haha 2

They aren't getting inflation under control.  By this time next year we will be closer to 10% Fed fund rate than we are to 5%.  

The cost of EVERYTHING is going up even more.  And that's without taking into consideration "supply chain issues" or the price of oil.  This is our government intentionally greating a recession because they didn't have the guts to start raising rates a few years ago.  We'll be lucky if it "just" a recession.  And it's both party's fault for not acting sooner, printing money and keeping rate artifically low for WAY too long.

Act in your own best interest.  Becuase eveyone else will be doing the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvNAid29vv8

10 hours ago, gleninjersey said:

Act in your own best interest.  Becuase eveyone else will be doing the same.

Stock market up first two years of Trump = up 19.9%

Stock market the same time period under Biden = up 5.8%.  Not even keeping up with inflation.

• FacePalm 1

13 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

Well this thread's been open almost a year. How we doin'?

Tesla's stock drop has been bad. But this company has hurt investors even more. - MarketWatch

Looks like a bad case of slip & fall.

Not well at all.  Some of mine are holding, but that's it.  I'm new at this, so after 2021, it feels pretty bearish to me.

I'm  waiting for Ammo Inc. to do  a reverse split.  That stock just keeps dropping.

9 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

Yeah, my play account is getting beat up too. I do think there is a lot of potential with MVIS. 
POWW…I can’t figure out WTF they are doing. 

Thank you for the Bombardier stock recommendation....one of the few stocks I have that have fared well since I purchased them!

• Like 1