Jump to content
Displaced Texan

Stock picks..anyone do some small time investing?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Cheflife15 said:

Im ok with this. Some of those retards made tons of money. 

Basically blind luck. Almost worse than gambling with no odds. The individuals manipulating the market made out if they sold, or sell soon. Realistically, these are the people who eventually lose the money they make. 

Most day traders don't make money unless its behind an algorithm, in fact most lose a lot of money on short term investments. 

The markets are getting too easily manipulated to invest in individual stocks in the short term, it was hard enough before this trying to pick a company that checked off all the right investment boxes. 

 

The fact is this stock will crash to 20 bucks or less. Who will be left holding that stock? My guess is most people who were in it already sold because they saw their investment reach goals they would never see in its lifetime. So that really leaves the schmucks playing this stupid game who bought the stock at 100+ bucks.. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

Basically blind luck. Almost worse than gambling with no odds. The individuals manipulating the market made out if they sold, or sell soon. Realistically, these are the people who eventually lose the money they make. 

Most day traders don't make money unless its behind an algorithm, in fact most lose a lot of money on short tern investments. 

The markets are getting too easily manipulated to invest in individual stocks in the short term, it was hard enough before this trying to pick a company that checked off all the right investment boxes. 

 

The fact is this stock will crash to 20 bucks or less. Who will be left hold that stock? My guess is most people who were in it already sold because they say their investment reach goals they would never see in it lifetime. So that really leaves the schmucks playing this stupid game who bought the stock at 100 bucks.. 

Well yeah ya gotta get on the train early. Companies pump up stocks all the time and dump it on us. This was a planned move. Lots of other boards out there planning them. Kodak and amc are next. Bbby also. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

Hey, they made $$$....

Some people did, mostly those who held the stock way before these events and sold.

Those reddit users are still all in and trying to pump it up more. The birds are still in the bush.  Many people will learn a hard lesson in timing the market. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is nuts!!   GME up 120% right now, and AMC up 232%... The Robinhooders are out of their minds.

Neither company has any value. The GME model buying/selling of used games is a dinosaur. And with AMC, who's going back to the movie theater, when you can binge watch Netflix, Disney+ and Youtube from your couch,  till you pass out. AMC lifeline of almost a billion, to save it from bankruptcy, only kicked the can down the road...

This ain't going to end well....

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For your entertainment pleasure:

trading has been halted, Robinhood is down, and wall street is in full blown panic mode all from a subreddit, shitposters, gamers, and degenerates from all corners of the internet. it's beautiful
---------------------------------------------
So GME seems to have literally broken retail investors access to the market right now. Trading212 down. ETrade down. Robinhood in the US down. Ameritrade down. If you aren't following this story you need to start, it is crazy.
------------------------------------------------
Downdetector reports Robinhood, Ameritrade, E-Trade, Charles Schwab, Fidelity are experiencing issues or outages as the US cash session began around 0930 ET. 
 
Update (1010 ET): Add Vanguard, TD Bank, Interactive Brokers, Webull, and Merill to the list of retail brokerages experiencing outages or problems this morning. 
 
Twitter is full of angry Robinhood users who can't access the trading app. 
2021-01-27_09-49-41.png?itok=tJJqquBA
 
2021-01-27_09-55-05.png?itok=a89ucND5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NJSigfan said:

i'm on RH right now...almost want to buy 1 share to see what happens

GME at 331

 

image.png.287399b4e91ecefba49b10d5c8160ef2.png

We know what will happen, it will continue to fluctuate and go higher maybe, and then it will crash. The only thing to ask yourself is a) will you be able to time when to sell it or b) afford to lose your money. 

The dips you see are smart people jumping ship, the upward swing are people late to the party trying to capitalize taking in enormous risk.  

If anything, people should probably start shorting the stock soon. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not in this game but it makes interesting reading. TD Ameritrade restricts GME, AMC.

"Expect many more exchanges to follow suit, because hedge funds clearly need to be protected when faced with the retail day trading mob."

And also here. How WallStreetBets upset Wall Street.

Edited by 45Doll
2nd link added.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

We know what will happen, it will continue to fluctuate and go higher maybe, and then it will crash. The only thing to ask yourself is a) will you be able to time when to sell it or b) afford to lose your money. 

The dips you see are smart people jumping ship, the upward swing are people late to the party trying to capitalize taking in enormous risk.  

If anything, people should probably start shorting the stock soon. 

oh i know it will crash.  there are no fundamentals to this stock.  they are closing stores trying to stay afloat.  i meant, to see how long the ride lasts before it crumbles.  

$300 isnt going to make me poor or wealthy.  it just means my ammo fund takes a little hit.  lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And here's one more, written in English.

Reddit trolls beat the market. And the elites are really, really mad!

And check this Twitter thread too. It's from yesterday afternoon. Here's one tweet:

EssRYkVXAAEFBCV?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by 45Doll
2nd link added.
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sniper said:

For your entertainment pleasure:

trading has been halted, Robinhood is down, and wall street is in full blown panic mode all from a subreddit, shitposters, gamers, and degenerates from all corners of the internet. it's beautiful
---------------------------------------------
So GME seems to have literally broken retail investors access to the market right now. Trading212 down. ETrade down. Robinhood in the US down. Ameritrade down. If you aren't following this story you need to start, it is crazy.
------------------------------------------------
Downdetector reports Robinhood, Ameritrade, E-Trade, Charles Schwab, Fidelity are experiencing issues or outages as the US cash session began around 0930 ET. 
 
Update (1010 ET): Add Vanguard, TD Bank, Interactive Brokers, Webull, and Merill to the list of retail brokerages experiencing outages or problems this morning. 
 
Twitter is full of angry Robinhood users who can't access the trading app. 
2021-01-27_09-49-41.png?itok=tJJqquBA
 
2021-01-27_09-55-05.png?itok=a89ucND5

"Now youz can't leave."

Sounds like the big boys are setting a trap.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure how this ends, but the smack down the Reddit kids did to Melvin Capital, by wiping out their shorts in GME, is historic.. On another forum, it was said that Melvin loses $1 billion for every $11 GME goes up.

Problem is, Melvin's reach extends to many other parts of the market...

If this continues, it has the possibility of turning into a Lehman or Bear Sterns... After losing -633 today, pre-market already down -120....  look out below...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and just like that.... it get vaporized.... can't be having the kids beat on the hedge fund guys...

...."Until now, the only sure way to be shut down by a silicon valley tech titan was to be a conservative website or twitter account. Not anymore: as of this evening, the wrath of the tech giants has converged with that of the largest US hedge funds, and according to The Verge, Discord has banned the server of the r/WallStreetBets subreddit.

One wonders which hedge fund - Citadel or Point72 - made a quick call to the Discord board to make sure the massive short ramps cease.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/sec-joins-biden-admin-actively-monitoring-option-volatility

 

  • Crazy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Not sure how this ends, but the smack down the Reddit kids did to Melvin Capital, by wiping out their shorts in GME, is historic.. On another forum, it was said that Melvin loses $1 billion for every $11 GME goes up.

Problem is, Melvin's reach extends to many other parts of the market...

If this continues, it has the possibility of turning into a Lehman or Bear Sterns... After losing -633 today, pre-market already down -120....  look out below...

noooo, it's not a leh or BS as there is liquidity issue to overnight lending, sec lending, repo and triparty mkts.  This is leveraged options and I love it.  Hedge funds getting killed doing what they do all day, it's classic.  I hope they keep it up to be honest

 

I am not sure however, of how legal this is since it's coordinated outside of one roof (that's how hedge funds get around the collusion)

1 minute ago, Sniper said:

and just like that.... it get vaporized.... can't be having the kids beat on the hedge fund guys...

...."Until now, the only sure way to be shut down by a silicon valley tech titan was to be a conservative website or twitter account. Not anymore: as of this evening, the wrath of the tech giants has converged with that of the largest US hedge funds, and according to The Verge, Discord has banned the server of the r/WallStreetBets subreddit.

One wonders which hedge fund - Citadel or Point72 - made a quick call to the Discord board to make sure the massive short ramps cease.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/sec-joins-biden-admin-actively-monitoring-option-volatility

 

how is this legal?  this will be uncharted legal waters  here.

now it got interesting

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sniper said:

and just like that.... it get vaporized.... can't be having the kids beat on the hedge fund guys...

They're back up...

Want to see where social media and mental illness merge together... here it is:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...