ronhonda

new magpul 10/30 mags

39 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Solution: Buy 10/30 Hexmags.... problem solved!

The Hexmags are fine especially when i got them at cost. But I would have rather have Pmags or Lancers as they are a superior mag.

10 minutes ago, Xtors said:

What's the prevailing opinion on these? I just ordered some. Been curious for a while now.

• Agree 2

True...but Pmags are overly priced... the best mags in my opinion are Duramag (used to be C Products Defense) Stainless Steel.... they make a 10/30 and regular 10, I might have seen a 10/20 at one time too...I ran pmags.. hexmags ..aluminum crap...but the Duramags are lighter and I just love the metal feel instead of plastic and I beat the crap out of them dropping them on the ground...and the most you will spend is $11.99 a mag.. I got them on sale for $8.99 from Gun Mag Warehouse when the BAN on 15rd came in effect. Try them out you might switch over like I did. 

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

Solution: Buy 10/30 Hexmags.... problem solved!

Gen 1 hex mags had issues they would split at the seam near the feed lips when fully loaded.

But gen 2 hex mags fixed the problems, And you could trade your  gen 1 mags for gen 2 for free

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bomber said:

Let me know when they do a 10-20 mag,

10 round capacity in a 30 round size magazine makes no sense.

It makes plenty sense - several people use mag pouches, etc.  20 round mags would get lost inside pouches where 30 round mags would fit perfectly.  

• Agree 1

I’ve never had an issue with gen 2 Hexmags. But I’d still buy these Pmags to add to the collection. 

On 1/13/2021 at 4:17 PM, StarGazer said:

I'd rather run 2 magpul 10's coupled together.  But it's good to have options.

I have some of these too but I feel I can get a new mag off a belt or chest pouch faster than I can flip these coupled mags. But I guess it’s whatever you practice. 

18 minutes ago, siderman said:

I guess it would be in poor taste for me to mention how happy I am with all my new 30 rd p-mags so I won't. Also won't mention the 20 & 30 mags for my CX4 & 92. 

If  I ever get to America. I'm going to get at least one  D-60 p mag

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

23 hours ago, Xtors said:

What's the prevailing opinion on these? I just ordered some. Been curious for a while now.

Well I have no 2nd gen hexmags, but mine have been slowly splitting at the seam in back with use. About 20% of them so far Also all olive drab, but I think that they are the oldest matters more than they are olive drab. 

They are nice in that they fit everything without modification, but I prefer the PMAG construction overall even if I do have to mode them to fit into everything. 

My original hexmags are 'patent pending' ones, not sure if gen1 ever had a patent number on em. Most are kept "fully" (10) loaded with zero issues as of yet. When 10 rd bill came about, I got something like 5 or 6 OD gen2 hexmags for under $50 off gunbroker. No issues with those either.

While PMags feel more robust, i have no issue with hexmags.

Factory 10/30 options are "nice" if we are forced to have 10s...