antiriad

Dealing with NJ DoL BS for months. Any advice.

Just trying to get some recommendations what to do next. Dealing with an Unemployment case from 2019 where I collected Unemployment for 4 weeks between 2 Consulting Jobs. The NJ state came back and claimed that for 2 weeks I should not be collecting Unemployment because of a missed time check for 4 hours overtime my previous employer forgot to add in previous paychecks after I left the company.

I went through the review board on April 2020 and the outcome was that I didn't have to pay back the 2 weeks of Unemployment. They told me it could take some time until the records get updated. Fast forward 10 months later I am still getting statement for DoL to pay the money back.

Over the last  10 months I have sent 4-5 certified letters to the DoL PO box in the return address and also had a Lawyer inquire about the same. I have also sent inquires to the Governors office and letters addressed to Senior Directors of the NJ Dol. I never received any response back or any kind of acknowledgement.

This state is really going to Sh!t. Nowadays I can't even get anyone to pick up the phone at the Review Board office. It is almost that the state doesn't exist.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what to do next? Do they send to collections or they just subtract the supposedly owned amount from my next State Return? I have a legal plan with my current company and I want to also know what legal options I have because of this debauchery. I have worked for 23 years in NJ and I have only collected 6 weeks of Unemployment all this time and now they want 2 weeks back because of a 280$ check that my previous employer forgot to send when I was employed with them. This state is getting too ridiculous.

Send them the money $1 at a time. This way, there is repayment and they might not be able to advance to collection. make check to:

Treasurer -State of New Jersey, 

Mail to NJ Division of Treasury, Division of Revenue, PO Box 417, Trenton NJ 08646-0417

Your cancelled checks should be saved as a receipt in case repayment issue ever bites you in the rump roast. Just an idea, I am not with the Gov. 

4 minutes ago, rifleman said:

Send them the money $1 at a time. This way, there is repayment and they might not be able to advance to collection. make check to:

Treasurer -State of New Jersey, 

Mail to NJ Division of Treasury, Division of Revenue, PO Box 417, Trenton NJ 08646-0417

Your cancelled checks should be saved as a receipt in case repayment issue ever bites you in the rump roast. Just an idea, I am not with the Gov. 

Yes but in this way I am admitting that I owe the money even though I should not since I won the Appeals hearing.