Bklynracer

National African-American Gun Association conducts first event in Tulsa

They have these in Oklahoma that is 2a friendly, they educate black people on gun ownership. To the point if the other thread, Why can't the NRA organize something similar in the states that need it, do something quarterly, some our dues should be done to help. It shouldn't be the job of the small minority of us, We can help, but need help of the Big Boys.

I am constantly trying to bring people to a range and or trap shooting to have them handle firearms and show them it's not a horrible thing and nothing to be afraid of when handled correctly. As I'm sure most if you.

Donating and doing this gets expensive, especially now.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/national-african-american-gun-association-223342814.html

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

The right to own a firearm in the United States of American shouldn't have anything to do with the color of your skin or one's ethnicity.  

I would be hesitant of supporting an organization that advertises itself as a 2nd Amendment group but has other vague "secondary and very important function".   What exaclty do they mean by "be active on social issues" and "we can being correcting social injustice"?  How much of their time & money is going to those secondary functions?  How much of your money will go to something other than supporting the 2nd Amendment?

Check out their "Political Action" section:

https://naaga.co/political-action/

"The National African American Gun Association (NAAGA) is a patriotic law-abiding organization, but we recognize that there are national, local, and regional events that take place that need to be discussed and in some cases aggressively corrected through legal means as it relates to our community. Our organization was formed to advocate self-defense with the use of firearms based on the 2nd Amendment, but a secondary and very important function of NAAGA is to be active on social issues. By collectively working together with a defined strategy, we can begin correcting social injustice."

Supporting the 2nd Amendment and helping more people become responsible and safe gun owners is great.  But why water down your mission with very vague ancillary functions.  Doing so blurs what the organizaton is really about.

I agree with the above statements, I was not looking at it with a specific group in mind, I was looking at it solely as it is something the the NRA could organize for everyone to educate everyone no matter who you are. This would go for all states. 

NJ Has a NRA-ILA, Couldn't thus be organized by them?

1 hour ago, Bklynracer said:

I agree with the above statements, I was not looking at it with a specific group in mind, I was looking at it solely as it is something the the NRA could organize for everyone to educate everyone no matter who you are. This would go for all states. 

NJ Has a NRA-ILA, Couldn't thus be organized by them?

I don't think the NRA targets specific ethnic groups.  Its all inclusive despite some trying to paint it otherwise.

You would probably be better off donating to Tony's Diversity Shoot referenced above.  Guarantee your money will go 100% to funding someone who is looking to expand gun ownership beyond the stereotype.  And some some secondary agenda.

That mission statement is full of doublespeak.

Sorry, not interested in donating to an african american militia out to "begin correcting  social justice".  If they want training, join a regular non identity politics, all races, ethnicities, religion, gender inclusive group.  This is America and there is no shortage of all inclusive groups to join.  Go ahead and call me a racist if you want, but you will be wrong.  Very wrong.  Laughably wrong.

Ok, maybe I'm coming across wrong. I am in no way saying I agree with their theories or to donate  to them.

All I'm saying is that it would be nice to have a large organization like the NRA Spend time in states that need it to try and do what we do when we bring newbies to the range, just that when we do it it's small numbers, they could do it on a larger scale for Everyone that is interested.

Kind of like the Clinton trap outing, we bring newbies that we hope have a good time and maybe lean to the right, that's 4-5 people.

Maybe they can have one at every WMA 1 day during the summer as a introduction. 

20 hours ago, gleninjersey said:

The right to own a firearm in the United States of American shouldn't have anything to do with the color of your skin or one's ethnicity.  

You are correct.  Completely.  However, the current Left likes to pretend that 2A groups are just a bunch of redneck, racist pigs and organizations that fight that stereotype ARE a positive.

6 minutes ago, Bklynracer said:

Kind of like the Clinton trap outing, we bring newbies that we hope have a good time and maybe lean to the right, that's 4-5 people.

There's your answer right there.  Krdshark  already organizes such an event, and as far as I know, anyone and everyone is welcome to participate.  Clinton can accommodate a lot of people.

You could also go to the NRA website and see what events they have.  I believe Range 14 at Ft Dix hosts NRA training.  Some programs are open to noobs that don't yet gave a firearm.  It's not free though.