Jump to content
Mp509

Legend Firearms

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone, 

I need some serious help here. This FFL/store named Legend Firearms in old bridge (8 Union Hill Rd) have my brand new UPPER which cost about &700 for at least a month now & i’ve not been able to retrieve it back. I brought it there after ordering It online to remove the flash hider and make it NJ Compliant. After 4 weeks every time i call, owner is telling me, he sends these to someone else to do the work and “the person is not done, he doesn’t want to rush the person, because the person do nice work”. I understand how busy stores can get nowadays, but isn’t a full month enough time to do some compliant work with an upper? I also made a mistake giving them my upper with the BCG. Now i need my upper & they still can’t give it back. 
They also had no decency to warn me it would take this amount of time when i brought it in. I don’t know what’s going on with my upper. What should i do? 
 

 

store: LEGEND FIREARMS 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mp509 said:

Hello everyone, 

I need some serious help here. This FFL/store named Legend Firearms in old bridge (8 Union Hill Rd) have my brand new UPPER which cost about &700 for at least a month now & i’ve not been able to retrieve it back. I brought it there after ordering It online to remove the flash hider and make it NJ Compliant. After 4 weeks every time i call, owner is telling me, he sends these to someone else to do the work and “the person is not done, he doesn’t want to rush the person, because the person do nice work”. I understand how busy stores can get nowadays, but isn’t a full month enough time to do some compliant work with an upper? I also made a mistake giving them my upper with the BCG. Now i need my upper & they still can’t give it back. 
They also had no decency to warn me it would take this amount of time when i brought it in. I don’t know what’s going on with my upper. What should i do? 
 

 

store: LEGEND FIREARMS 

Did they tell you who would be doing the work before you gave it to them? Did they say it would be sent out to a third party?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

Did they tell you who would be doing the work before you gave it to them? Did they say it would be sent out to a third party?

No never told me anything until i started calling them after two weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Mp509 said:

No never told me anything until i started calling them after two weeks. 

That's sketchy, it should be clear that his business wouldn't be doing the work, but contracting it out. 

On the other hand, they may have a lot of work to compete with the amount of guns being purchased right now. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've dealt with Ira before, never for gunsmithing work but bought guns from him and sold guns to him. He is an ok guy but I can tell you that he will squeeze every penny out of you if he can. Just and FYI. He got me good once when I sold him my 96A1 with 5 mags and over 400 rounds of .40 ammo. He told me it won't sell high because it had a deep scratch on the slide. I later see on his sight that he was selling it with only 2 mags and no ammo for 25% more then he paid me and it sold in less then a week, and he sold the other 3 mags and ammo separately. Never dealt with him again after that.

  • Informative 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, MartyZ said:

I've dealt with Ira before, never for gunsmithing work but bought guns from him and sold guns to him. He is an ok guy but I can tell you that he will squeeze every penny out of you if he can. Just and FYI. He got me good once when I sold him my 96A1 with 5 mags and over 400 rounds of .40 ammo. He told me it won't sell high because it had a deep scratch on the slide. I later see on his sight that he was selling it with only 2 mags and no ammo for 25% more then he paid me and it sold in less then a week, and he sold the other 3 mags and ammo separately. Never dealt with him again after that.

Yeah that does not sound like someone who’s doing honest business. As of now i will give him until this wenesday to call me so i  can pick my stuff or will request his store to give it back even the work is not unfinished. A month to gunsmith an upper is insane, especially when he did not give me a heads up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MartyZ said:

I've dealt with Ira before, never for gunsmithing work but bought guns from him and sold guns to him. He is an ok guy but I can tell you that he will squeeze every penny out of you if he can. Just and FYI. He got me good once when I sold him my 96A1 with 5 mags and over 400 rounds of .40 ammo. He told me it won't sell high because it had a deep scratch on the slide. I later see on his sight that he was selling it with only 2 mags and no ammo for 25% more then he paid me and it sold in less then a week, and he sold the other 3 mags and ammo separately. Never dealt with him again after that.

Disclosure: I've transferred a lower through Ira once, and have no ongoing relationship with him or his business. 

Most places buying used guns will give you between 40-60% of their resale price. If he put it up for 25% over what he paid for the gun, he wasn't making it up that it was going to sell low. If the 25% more is 25% more than the gun plus ammo, that might be more in line with standard pricing practices and bumped up his margin, but seldom is selling a gun to a retail outlet an exercise in getting anything close to market value out of it. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a brake pinned at Side By Side FA in Denville and it was back in 5 days. That was 8 weeks ago I know they are much busier at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, raz-0 said:

Disclosure: I've transferred a lower through Ira once, and have no ongoing relationship with him or his business. 

Most places buying used guns will give you between 40-60% of their resale price. If he put it up for 25% over what he paid for the gun, he wasn't making it up that it was going to sell low. If the 25% more is 25% more than the gun plus ammo, that might be more in line with standard pricing practices and bumped up his margin, but seldom is selling a gun to a retail outlet an exercise in getting anything close to market value out of it. 

 

It also uncluded 5 original beretta mags. So he marked it up with only 2 mags. But my point was that he used a scratch as an excuse to get me to take his offer. I just didn't know any better at the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MartyZ said:

It also uncluded 5 original beretta mags. So he marked it up with only 2 mags. But my point was that he used a scratch as an excuse to get me to take his offer. I just didn't know any better at the time.

I don't see anything wrong with that deal at all.  You don't get anywhere near value when you sell to a dealer.  They are looking at mark up.  I would have sold the mags and the ammo separately as well.  So, 25% of what he gave you for the gun isn't unreasonable at all.

As to the OP's question:  Send a registered letter to the FFL business address demanding that the upper be returned, complete or not, within eight business days of receipt.  After that, you start with the BBB and the possibility of filing theft charges.  They aren't going to want cop cars outside initiating an investigation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess nobody reads posts. He gave me $425 for a 96A1 with 1 scratch only, 5 original mags, and 400 rounds of ammo. He saw that I was naive and played me, if I was more experienced at the time I would have walked. This is when his store was on 79. He then sold the gun with only 2 mags for $530. I'm pretty sure he made another $100 from the other 3 mags because they were prestine.

At this point it doesn't matter to me anymore. I was just pointing out to th OP that their business practices are not very friendly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no one, and I mean no one does pin/weld jobs better than Steve.  Not even close, used them all and you can't even tell it's pin/weld with Steve's work.  I've had him do something on a cz, other firearms.  go to Steve

@remixer

  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

no one, and I mean no one does pin/weld jobs better than Steve.  Not even close, used them all and you can't even tell it's pin/weld with Steve's work.  I've had him do something on a cz, other firearms.  go to Steve

@remixer

I agree 100%, Steve at monmouth arms does a great job and won't steer you wrong.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope you get it sorted. It is disappointing to have to wait that long for what seems like a simple job without a heads up.

One of my very few bad gun shop experiences. Many many years ago I had an 1100 that died on me. I took it to a shop that I had great experiences with previously. It was taking forever. I didn't want to be pushy- the owner was always very good to me. The guy at the counter kept telling me, "sorry, not done yet." , "Gunsmith is only here on weekends, he must be baked up", "must be waiting on parts" etc, etc... Finally after a few months I went in pissed off and said I wanted it back and willing to pay for any diagnosis or work he did up until then. Guy at the counter went down the road of, well we won't have a bill until all the work was completed B.S. Finally he goes in the back and gets the gun and comes out laughing. Well, would you look at that it has been fixed the whole time. O - ring, no charge. 

That was about  1993. It was a lesson for me on many levels. No reason for any customer to not receive courteous service. But a jackass at the counter can kill a business without the owner even knowing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every ones pretty jammed with work.... My usual turn around is a day or so.. we are about 3 days give or take now.  May i ask what kinda brake your having installed?  Was there something that needed extra attention?

 

When was the last time you spoke to him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, remixer said:

Every ones pretty jammed with work.... My usual turn around is a day or so.. we are about 3 days give or take now.  May i ask what kinda brake your having installed?  Was there something that needed extra attention?

 

When was the last time you spoke to him?

I spoke to him last wednesday. I will give him a call again tomorrow since they were close today. However He got my upper since dec 23 rd. I’ll update everyone on this..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2021 at 7:21 PM, RUTGERS95 said:

no one, and I mean no one does pin/weld jobs better than Steve.  Not even close, used them all and you can't even tell it's pin/weld with Steve's work.  I've had him do something on a cz, other firearms.  go to Steve

@remixer

This is going back about 6-7 years now.  Dropped my upper off with Steve in the morning.  Went and had a leisurely breakfast.  Picked it up after breakfast (2 hours?).  He was still operating out of home office back tben.  

Great work.  Had to really look to even see the weld.  I've had other work done as well.

For those don't know, Steve owns Monmouth Arms.  Now in small "store front" (its actually in back of strip mall) off of Route 9.  Work probably takes a few days longer now.  

Things are probably back logged now.  But a month does seem long especially without letting you know.. 

Maybe ask for company it was sent out to so you can contact them directly instead of going through middleman.

FWIW I have heard nothing but good things about Ira and Legend Firearms but haven't used them personally.

Hope you get it resolved soon.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it was between Ira and Steve I would go the Steve route. Just based on my experiences. I never got the warm fuzzy feelings from Ira like I do when I'm at Steve's. LOL.

Hey @Steve when can i grab my 10/22 with replacement rear sight?? No rush. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JT Custom Guns said:

Last I heard - Ira reached out to the customer about the upper being done and no reply..........???

no skin in this this game but not buying that.  Anyone taking the time and trouble to post here like this, be engaged, can recite the affair like the OP is NOT not returning a call on his upper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

no skin in this this game but not buying that.  Anyone taking the time and trouble to post here like this, be engaged, can recite the affair like the OP is NOT not returning a call on his upper.

Back off on the attitude. I am friends with Ira and I called him to tell him to get his shit together to help out the OP

Ira PM's me earlier that he was trying to reach the OP, But Ira is not on the NJGF so I relayed a message so the OP would get notified

Slow your roll.........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

back off the attitude?  slow your roll, no one has any attitude and to be honest, I don't give a fk who you know or what you think you know.  What I said stands unless the OP is delusional and making the whole thing up.

 

I know IRA too, you want a cookie now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys 

 

Just return Ira’s call and he said my upper is ready and done. He actually said he will not charge me for this because of the exceeded time. In conclusion , the upper did take too long, however i applaud him for getting to the end of this in a respect manner. I will pick up Friday. @JT Custom Guns thanks for contacting him. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RUTGERS95 said:

back off the attitude?  slow your roll, no one has any attitude and to be honest, I don't give a fk who you know or what you think you know.  What I said stands unless the OP is delusional and making the whole thing up.

 

I know IRA too, you want a cookie now?

And I don't give a FK who you know, or what you think - so we both don't give a fk.

Keep your cookie.......

51 minutes ago, Mp509 said:

Hey guys 

 

Just return Ira’s call and he said my upper is ready and done. He actually said he will not charge me for this because of the exceeded time. In conclusion , the upper did take too long, however i applaud him for getting to the end of this in a respect manner. I will pick up Friday. @JT Custom Guns thanks for contacting him. 

Not just me - Steve at Monmouth reached out on your behalf as well.

Just glad you got your upper back  - That is all that matters.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...