Rickap7

Beretta APX thoughts...

Trying to find one might have a spot waiting for shipment. 

Looks like a nice gun anyone have any experience with it?

What are the pros and cons I currently have a Sig P320Xc and looking for something a little larger and looks like the APX might fill the bill.

LMK what you guy think of the gun,

Thanks

I've had a full frame apx for about a year now. I got it pre covid for 350 and it was a solid buy. Trigger stock is pretty fantastic for a cheap plastic framed gun. I put a reduced power striker spring in and it felt really nice pre and post install. The mag release is very positive and easy to hit. Slide hold open is hard to use like a standard Glock one. I wouldn't mind an aftermarket extended one like Glocks have. Especially hard when used as a lefty slide release.

Fit and finish is solid. The modularity is inferior to that of the sig. It requires a lot more operations and the spring and pin fiddling can be a pain the first few times. Not really a big deal unless u like swapping frames around like a mad man, but I do have one with finger grooves and one with out and I've swapped back and forth at least 2 or 3 times. And it's easier to do each time. However, actual field stripping is simpler than even the Glock. However, the pin can be rather stiff to rotate initially.

The dingus for the firing pin black is weird but I don't foresee it causing any issues. Not particularly sure why it needed to exist but w/e. Sights are good. Nothing to write home about but are easier to pick up on when drawing the pistol. The slide design is meh. Tim from MAC is right. It's not as easy to grip as traditional slide cuts are, but it does the job. I have not put it through a mud test to see how slippery it may get, but I can assume MACs results are quite representative of the nature of the beast. Mags are steel which is cool. Solidly built.  And weren't stupid expensive when I started getting myself a uspsa setup. 

Overall for 350 bucks it was a steal when I got it on GunBroker pre covid pricing. I know they are gone up since. I'd say even at a price comparable to a Glock 19, a Glock needs a trigger to feel like the apx does in terms of shootability, so I'd say it's still an ok alternative to another Glock should you have one. But if you want really good 3rd party support, glock would be the clear winner. As that's what hurts the apx most.

• Thanks 1