Dooly

More ads or is it just me?

I'm not sure about anyone else but I'm seeing a ton of new non-NJGF related ads now on this site and I have to close them out in order to see the actual forum.  

Is this some setting that's from my phone or is this something that NJGF subscribed to for revenue?

• Like 1

I mostly use my iPad to view these forums. I have been meaning to post the same question. In recent few months I have experienced the same.  Often when i click on a thread topic, after a delay either a popup or, more annoyingly, a full screen ad appears, and I have to either close it or hit the Safari back arrow.  I have been meaning to troubleshoot this further but have been tied up with work.

On my home LAN I'm using a pihole, blocks like 99% of web page ads and trackers on every device that connects to my LAN/WiFi.  Makes a HUUUUUUGE difference for browsing speed and being able to read articles

without

[AD]

seeing an

[AD]

every other

[AD]

sentence.

https://pi-hole.net/

• Informative 1

So its now 2023 and the ads are getting so annoying now and from what I recall its so blatant. Does it matter if you are a free member versus a premiere member? The crap pops up everywhere. jumping from forum topic to another or even while posting. I don't mind the side bar of ads but when it pops up before i can get to the forum topics and i have to cancel it i find it very disruptive. 

Any ideas to keep that stuff suppressed or any settings to address it on our side? Is anyone using some 3rd party app like the youtube popup ad blockers? Any suggestions?

2 hours ago, My1stGlock said:

So its now 2023 and the ads are getting so annoying now and from what I recall its so blatant. Does it matter if you are a free member versus a premiere member? The crap pops up everywhere. jumping from forum topic to another or even while posting. I don't mind the side bar of ads but when it pops up before i can get to the forum topics and i have to cancel it i find it very disruptive. 

Any ideas to keep that stuff suppressed or any settings to address it on our side? Is anyone using some 3rd party app like the youtube popup ad blockers? Any suggestions?

I only see them on mobile....on my laptop, my ad blocker stops them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, My1stGlock said:

I can only speak for myself but as a premier member, I never saw a popup ad on this site!

• Like 1