JohnnyB

Keep an eye on MidwayUSA for primers!

I have been using https://discord.gg/reloading for the last 2 weeks. It finally paid off! It uses bots to find ammo, primers, heads, dies, etc.

Check it out and be patient...In the end, you won't be sorry! I put in many hours monitoring this site before it paid off with primers!

Dunno about yesterday, but I scored some form midway about 1.5 months ago. Delivered it was about $55 per thousand for small rifle primers so 150% of normal times. I snagged some small pistol magnum right about when I figured the masses would start panicking on components. Indeed prices were rising and things were getting scarce. Those cast $42 per k, but they were also match primers, so only had cone up about 10% by that point. 

2 hours ago, Heavyopp said:

Curious what the price was per 1000 — what is our new normal?  Certainly can’t go by gunbroker pricing

The CCI SPPs were $42 per brick + shipping and hazmat for the 5K.  The bastards cancelled my 5K SRP order!:mad:

Since June, the best price I got was $35 /1000 and the highest was $55 /1000, NOT including hazmat, shipping or tax. Factor all costs in and I've paid a low of $0.04965 and high of $0.07566 each. These have been for CCI & Federal SPP. 

The killer now aside from finding any at all, is some places are limiting you to 1k. For me, 1000 does not make it worth the shipping & hazmat fees. I did it once early on, and paid nearly as much in hazmat, shipping & tax as I did for the primers themselves. I intend to never do that again. 

• Like 1

Does anybody here ever substitute small or large pistol magnum primers for small or large pistol primers? I see a lot of people saying that you must reduce the load when doing this by 10%. I use Winchester primers quite a bit that say they are good for regular or magnum loads and have never had an issue with either. There is a lot of anecdotal information posted but I have never seen real difference. The reason I am asking is that I have a lot (1000's) of magnum primers and am down to 7000 small pistol primers and have been considering using the magnum primers. There are some powders that cannot be safely reduced by 10% (W296 and H110).

On 1/28/2021 at 11:32 PM, JohnnyB said:

I have been using https://discord.gg/reloading for the last 2 weeks. It finally paid off! It uses bots to find ammo, primers, heads, dies, etc.

Check it out and be patient...In the end, you won't be sorry! I put in many hours monitoring this site before it paid off with primers!

Who is using Discord better than using the "notify me when back in stock" function on Midway's website?

6 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

Who is using Discord better than using the "notify me when back in stock" function on Midway's website?

I had "notify me when back in stock" on Midway and never got an email.  When primers showed up last night on Midway,  Discord informed me and I got some. I never got got that notification in my email.

When primers come available, you have seconds to react and they are sold out, the websites typically crash and you normally walk away with nothing....This time, I happened to beat the clock!

• Agree 1

Quite a few guys on other forums saying midway cancelled their primer order today — this is after getting an order confirmation and email

took a few hours for their system to catch up I guess

as for hazmat, I have never not filled the box — I’ll really need to be desperate to pay a full shipping/hazmat for 1000 primers

19 minutes ago, Heavyopp said:

Quite a few guys on other forums saying midway cancelled their primer order today — this is after getting an order confirmation and email

took a few hours for their system to catch up I guess

as for hazmat, I have never not filled the box — I’ll really need to be desperate to pay a full shipping/hazmat for 1000 primers

I got confirmation emails for 5K SPP,  5K SRP and 1K LRP.  I later got a cancellation on the SRPs  but the SPPs and LRPs have indeed shipped.  I'm not going to complain in this environment! :)  Beats going to Gunbroker!

On 1/30/2021 at 12:20 AM, JohnnyB said:

When primers showed up last night on Midway,  Discord informed me and I got some. I never got got that notification in my email.

I just browse every once and while, but is there a push notification for your phone? Ive never used the discord platform before. 

18 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

I just browse every once and while, but is there a push notification for your phone? Ive never used the discord platform before. 

I'm kinda new to it myself so I'm not sure. There must be a phone notification but you would have to ask someone on Discord.

On 1/28/2021 at 11:32 PM, JohnnyB said:

@JohnnyB try to send me an invite to the Discord reloading group.  "gleninjersey" .....real original :)

3 hours ago, gleninjersey said:

@JohnnyB try to send me an invite to the Discord reloading group.  "gleninjersey" .....real original :)

I don't see anyway to invite. Just use the above link I posted and sign up.  Send me your username and I will friend you. Like gleninjersey#0001