mustang69

More Berettas

It's no secret I like the Beretta 92 platform.  Found these 2 at my LGS over the last couple of weeks to add to my collection.

The first is a Wilson Combat Centurion with the action trigger.  This matches up with my WC full size and WC Compact.

The second is an early model 92FS from 1989 in the original box and case with all paperwork.  Just a basic 92FS with the early model grips, and it was just too nice to leave at the store.

Anyone else got some new ones to show?

IMG_2647.JPG

IMG_2648.JPG

• Like 5

I have a very early one also with the wood grips. but it's a 92F. Prior to the modification that added the S designation that I read was done after a failure during testing by the military.

I wish I had the box and paperwork too but alas it wasn't included when I purchased it.

IMG_20130509_194820_981.jpg

• Agree 1

On 1/29/2021 at 4:09 PM, brucin said:

I have a very early one also with the wood grips. but it's a 92F. Prior to the modification that added the S designation that I read was done after a failure during testing by the military.

I wish I had the box and paperwork too but alas it wasn't included when I purchased it.

IMG_20130509_194820_981.jpg

I beleive those models as susceptible to slide cracks. I wonder if there is a collectors premium on them, even with the fault. 

6 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

I wonder if there is a collectors premium on them

I don't know I've never looked into it but unless it was really high I wouldn't sell

44 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

I beleive those models as susceptible to slide cracks. I wonder if there is a collectors premium on them, even with the fault. 

The story I recall is that some overzealous navy seals ran them hard and got a slide to the nose when the sear pin failed. It’s hard to blame Beretta when you put 30,000 rounds of +P through a gun, but it’s harder to argue with Uncle Sam when he’s paying your bills!

25 minutes ago, mustang69 said:

No hate here.  It just leaves the real ones for the rest of us...  :)

Definetly would have prefered the real deal! But at the price and the near new condition, i had to take it home.. the scarcity of the compact model further inticed me to give it a warm safe home in my gun safe.  An added bonus is that it shoots realllllly nice....

On 1/29/2021 at 11:02 AM, mustang69 said:

It's no secret I like the Beretta 92 platform.  Found these 2 at my LGS over the last couple of weeks to add to my collection.

The first is a Wilson Combat Centurion with the action trigger.  This matches up with my WC full size and WC Compact.

The second is an early model 92FS from 1989 in the original box and case with all paperwork.  Just a basic 92FS with the early model grips, and it was just too nice to leave at the store.

Anyone else got some new ones to show?

IMG_2647.JPG

IMG_2648.JPG

Nice purchase

• Like 1

On 2/23/2021 at 3:21 PM, Corsair403 said:

Here's my 92G Elite LTT with the RDO slide.

20210219_113348.jpg

Nice... I have an RDO slide. I've been trying to get my hands on an SRO, but every time I get notified of one in stock I miss out. Eventually I'll get one. I did shoot a couple of boxes with an optic I got for another pistol, but can't wait to get something permanent for the Beretta.

• Like 1

WC Brig and an old 92FS completely redone by Beretta. I was going to sell one of the two to thin out the collection and couldn’t part with either of them.   The Wilson combat cerakoting is spectacular quality. 

A8-C28603-E638-4-BEE-BD4-F-DC947-D5-E18-

042074-B3-1-D5-B-46-B6-9375-DE013819-F1-

• Like 1

Beretta purists may mock me here, but my only Beretta is a PX4, bought when it was a new model.

With the addition of a rubber slip on grip with a palm swell (the standard grip is long, narrow and flat-sided) the ergos fit my hand well, the action is good, it eats anything I feed it, and I shoot it more accurately than any semi-auto I own (my Ruger 1911 and CZ75 are very close). 

I have a Sig P227, workmanship and quality probably better than others, and I can't shoot that well for my life.

I shot my buddy's 9mm (P226?) and it felt awesome in my hand, it's why I bought the P227, but I only put a mag through it.

Shows that no pistol can fit and perform well in every hand, personal feel and fit is everything, and you can't tell handling it in a gun shop, you have to shoot a box through it.

28 minutes ago, Blue1 said:

Beretta purists may mock me here, but my only Beretta is a PX4, bought when it was a new model.

Nothing wrong with the PX4 - it was my first handgun as well.  I have noted that the reset on the trigger pull is a bit on the long side, but otherwise it's still my primary HD gun.

I purchased a Beretta 92FS Inox and saw pictures of the Ghost version. Plus, I hated all the black plastic parts screwing up my nice stainless pistol.  I decided to spend almost $500 to convert it to all stainless with a grip upgrade.  Yes, they are both pics of the same pistol.

20210628_160332.thumb.jpg.7c8c1df434a187c5cb3dc82029ad62bd.jpg

20210623_102426.jpg

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Lawnmower2021 said:

This is my 92x and its new little brother. Very interested in the new 80X coming out. Anyone have an idea of when we'll start seeing it for sale? :B:): 

I heard in about 2 weeks from a FFL friend who gets Berettas in.

• Informative 1