mustang69

More Berettas

It's no secret I like the Beretta 92 platform.  Found these 2 at my LGS over the last couple of weeks to add to my collection.

The first is a Wilson Combat Centurion with the action trigger.  This matches up with my WC full size and WC Compact.

The second is an early model 92FS from 1989 in the original box and case with all paperwork.  Just a basic 92FS with the early model grips, and it was just too nice to leave at the store.

Anyone else got some new ones to show?

IMG_2647.JPG

IMG_2648.JPG

• Like 5

I have a very early one also with the wood grips. but it's a 92F. Prior to the modification that added the S designation that I read was done after a failure during testing by the military.

I wish I had the box and paperwork too but alas it wasn't included when I purchased it.

IMG_20130509_194820_981.jpg

• Agree 1

On 1/29/2021 at 4:09 PM, brucin said:

I have a very early one also with the wood grips. but it's a 92F. Prior to the modification that added the S designation that I read was done after a failure during testing by the military.

I wish I had the box and paperwork too but alas it wasn't included when I purchased it.

IMG_20130509_194820_981.jpg

I beleive those models as susceptible to slide cracks. I wonder if there is a collectors premium on them, even with the fault. 

6 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

I wonder if there is a collectors premium on them

I don't know I've never looked into it but unless it was really high I wouldn't sell

44 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

I beleive those models as susceptible to slide cracks. I wonder if there is a collectors premium on them, even with the fault. 

The story I recall is that some overzealous navy seals ran them hard and got a slide to the nose when the sear pin failed. It’s hard to blame Beretta when you put 30,000 rounds of +P through a gun, but it’s harder to argue with Uncle Sam when he’s paying your bills!

1 hour ago, eyeinstine said:

Let me get my flak jacket on before i post this i picked up last year....

used_PT92C.jpeg

No hate here.  It just leaves the real ones for the rest of us...  :)

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, mustang69 said:

No hate here.  It just leaves the real ones for the rest of us...  :)

Definetly would have prefered the real deal! But at the price and the near new condition, i had to take it home.. the scarcity of the compact model further inticed me to give it a warm safe home in my gun safe.  An added bonus is that it shoots realllllly nice....

On 1/29/2021 at 11:02 AM, mustang69 said:

It's no secret I like the Beretta 92 platform.  Found these 2 at my LGS over the last couple of weeks to add to my collection.

The first is a Wilson Combat Centurion with the action trigger.  This matches up with my WC full size and WC Compact.

The second is an early model 92FS from 1989 in the original box and case with all paperwork.  Just a basic 92FS with the early model grips, and it was just too nice to leave at the store.

Anyone else got some new ones to show?

IMG_2647.JPG

IMG_2648.JPG

Nice purchase

• Like 1