JG-rn

Replacement Permit?

I recently received my 2 handgun permits which I applied for in the middle of September. I planned on purchasing a gun through a local shop. Was told the gun is in route and will have within a few days. I brought one of my permits, which he prefilled out, and put money down on the gun. A week went by and I called the shop and was informed his shipment was canceled and he has no idea when he will be receiving the firearms. I opted to have my money returned so I can buy elsewhere, but the problem is he prefilled out the permit and it’s now unusable. Did I just blow one of my permits? Is there any way I can get a replacement? I called the local PD and they were unsure. 

The gun info can be crossed out and updated. The 4473 is supposed to be flawless, but my shop doesn't really care what the permit looks like.

The issue is if they filled in the shops name. If they wrote in the shop and salesman info on the permit, I think you would need to buy a gun from them. I don't think another FFL would want to touch the permit.

FYI, they should not have filled in anything until they ran a NICS on you, which they are not supposed to do until they have the gun in their inventory.

7 hours ago, JG-rn said:

Did I just blow one of my permits? Is there any way I can get a replacement? I called the local PD and they were unsure. 

If you can't use the permit at another FFL order what you want online and have it shipped to the original FFL and then don't use that place again in the future. That was a dumb move on their part.

• Agree 1