FishNHard

RC airplanes who else fly's

2 minutes ago, FishNHard said:

With displaced Texan's post  on selling some his planes  i was wondering who else is also into rc planes and what do you fly, I have 4 of the Eflite planes p47, cirrus sr22 ,apprentice and Radian glider

You sir, NEED turbine jets!!!!! Bring your truck and your wallet...

• Haha 1

i haven't flown anything since about 2010. i had/have everything from a little electric corsair up to a 97" p-38 lightning. sadly, even though i pickled my engines, they're all gonna need rebuilds or replacement before i can fly again.

I used to fly RC--really enjoyed it.  Mostly .40-size glow fuel models, starting with a kit built Eagle 2 (beautiful plane, but it couldn't be salvaged after it's second crash), then one of the partially-built Big Stick variants (lost in a mid-air collision at the Somerset RC field).   I've got a few kits in various stages of assembly in the shop, but haven't touched any of them in over a decade; partly due to lack of time, largely due to not having any RC flying fields in this part of NJ.  I do have one electric, a Zagi, which is flyable in a large park...I really should dust that off.

I was never at the level where I was ready for, or even tempted by, turbine models.   It was cheaper to get my PPL than it would have been to start from scratch with a turbine hobby.   But somebody is going to get a great deal when they snap up Texan's turbine gear.

I did pick up one new flying toy last year...a V911S electric helicopter (my first RC copter).    It's not a big-boy RC chopper by any means, but it is a 4 channel, 6-axis gyro stabilized copter, ready to fly for under $60 with transmitter.  V911S copter    It's a hoot; easy to fly, challenging to fly well, fast, durable (it only weighs a few ounces so crashes tend not to bother it) and it will fly about 10 minutes before you have to swap in another battery pack.

I used to fly, I have some parkzone foamies t-28, and micros. I also have a trex500. 

Haven't touched them in years as they sit in the basement. Hard to find areas to fly, and the trex500 had issue with the gyro I never sorted out, bad tail wag. Probably needed a better gyro as nothing I did fixed it. 

Between guns dirt bikes motorcycles and jeeps I've basically lost interest.

5 minutes ago, CapGuns&SnapsKid said:

I work with two avid RC plane guys...they fly turbines and electric, go to warbirds and all, if you guys know anybody selling let me know I can direct the message to them.. they literally spend thousands in this hobby. lol 

May I direct you to this thread?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 10X said:

I used to fly RC--really enjoyed it.  Mostly .40-size glow fuel models, starting with a kit built Eagle 2 (beautiful plane, but it couldn't be salvaged after it's second crash), then one of the partially-built Big Stick variants (lost in a mid-air collision at the Somerset RC field).   I've got a few kits in various stages of assembly in the shop, but haven't touched any of them in over a decade; partly due to lack of time, largely due to not having any RC flying fields in this part of NJ.  I do have one electric, a Zagi, which is flyable in a large park...I really should dust that off.

I was never at the level where I was ready for, or even tempted by, turbine models.   It was cheaper to get my PPL than it would have been to start from scratch with a turbine hobby.   But somebody is going to get a great deal when they snap up Texan's turbine gear.

I did pick up one new flying toy last year...a V911S electric helicopter (my first RC copter).    It's not a big-boy RC chopper by any means, but it is a 4 channel, 6-axis gyro stabilized copter, ready to fly for under $60 with transmitter.  V911S copter    It's a hoot; easy to fly, challenging to fly well, fast, durable (it only weighs a few ounces so crashes tend not to bother it) and it will fly about 10 minutes before you have to swap in another battery pack.

we used to use zagis for air combat. full contact air combat. it was never pretty, but dam was it fun.

we also at one point had built a aircraft carrier deck. used coat hangers for tail hooks. that wasn't pretty either. ate something like 8 airplanes in the first day, lol