Parents whose son died hope new Congress OKs gun safety bill (yahoo.com)

"Ethan Song, 15, accidentally shot himself in the head with a handgun owned by his friend’s father in their hometown of Guilford, Connecticut, on Jan. 31, 2018. The friend’s father had kept the .357 magnum and two other guns secured with gun locks in a plastic container in his bedroom closet, but keys to the locks and ammunition also were in the container, police said."

So a law is going to prevent a minor from accessing a firearm without permission, loading it and misusing it?  Give me a break.

Ethan's  parents can't accept that they themselves are responsible for their poor job of rearing a moron son.  It's not their fault Ethan and his partner in crime were breaking into the friend's father's more than properly stored firearms.  The kids were the ones doing something illegal, but the parent's won't accept that.

Our culture has evolved to believe...  Someone has to be blamed, it ain't gonna be me.  If I can't pin this on someone else, then I'LL have to accept responsibility.

• Like 1