Cheflife15

Fake sig romeo red dot?

15 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

Perspective is where 130 is cheap. I figured sig, a german brand, might have been made there... Crazy right. 

It's not perspective. A 130 dollar RDS is cheap. 

I think It is "crazy" to assume something is made anywhere based on an assumption like that. Most sigs are made right here in the USA. Sig doesn't make these optics as pointed out, they are rebranded holosuns.

I beleive this was all pointed out in the thread you started about buying a "cheap" optic. 

13 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

It's not perspective. A 130 dollar RDS is cheap. 

I think It is "crazy" to assume something is made anywhere based on an assumption like that. Most sigs are made right here in the USA. Sig doesn't make these optics as pointed out, they are rebranded holosuns.

I beleive this was all pointed out in the thread you started about buying a "cheap" optic. 

So if most of the sig products are made here why should i assume its made in china?

Also the thrrad about cheap ones were mentioned to be less than 80

You took a gamble on a lower priced optic. You may have no issues with that optic whatsoever. Or it could die tomorrow. 

So - you have 2 choices:

1) Send it back
2) Use it until it breaks

There is a reason that those of us who’ve been at this for a while preach the “buy once, cry once” philosophy as well as the “best value over lowest cost”.

Good gear costs money. There is no way around it. 

Ignore it at your wallet’s peril.

In all fairness, as far as lower priced optics go, you made a good choice.

Also, don’t blame us, or anyone else, because you didn’t research where the products you spend your hard earned money on. You obviously have access to the internet. All the answers are at your fingertips if you simply ask the question. Learn and move on.

• Agree 1

Just now, High Exposure said:

You took a gamble on a lower priced optic. You may have no issues with that optic whatsoever. Or it could die tomorrow. 

So - you have 2 choices:

1) Send it back
2) Use it until it breaks

There is a reason that those of us who’ve been at this for a while preach the “buy once, cry once” philosophy as well as the “best value over lowest cost”.

Good gear costs money. There is no way around it. 

Ignore it at your wallet’s peril.

In all fairness, as far as lower priced optics go, you made a good choice.

Also, don’t blame us, or anyone else, because you didn’t research where the products you spend your hard earned money on. You obviously have access to the internet. All the answers are at your fingertips if you simply ask the question. Learn and move on.

Where did i assign blame? I simply asked if this was real. Asking questions on a forum is research. 

I can send it back, and i can afford more expensive ones. I chose a budget one cause its just for screwing around. 

The General attitude on this forum is slowly getting more and more condescending. Its probably the reason ive seen it slowly dying. 

Enjoy the rest of your night. 

3 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

You can get butt hurt about it and leave, or you can take the advice in the spirit it was given and stay and learn a thing it two. 

Your choice.

Very few things said on a forum will leave me butthurt.  It was a simple question, was it real? 

Answer yes. Its made in china. Done. 

Im saying it would be beneficial to the forum if people kept sarcasm and borderline useless answers to 1a. After the 1st response they could've closed the thread. It's a simple observation that areas where actual questions are asked have slowed down signifigantly (in a time where there's more gun owners than ever). 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Cheflife15 said:

So if most of the sig products are made here why should i assume its made in china?

Also the thrrad about cheap ones were mentioned to be less than 80

I wouldnt assume anything Is made anywhere. Companies choose where to make a product based on a number of things. Sig is a german company, ok. How many American companies make shit it China? 

Its not like a company is tied to a specific place of manufacturing.

Sig doesn't manufacture optics. 

39 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

Very few things said on a forum will leave me butthurt.  It was a simple question, was it real? 

Answer yes. Its made in china. Done. 

Im saying it would be beneficial to the forum if people kept sarcasm and borderline useless answers to 1a. After the 1st response they could've closed the thread. It's a simple observation that areas where actual questions are asked have slowed down signifigantly (in a time where there's more gun owners than ever). 

Nothing I said was useless or sarcastic. It is good advice that I have given to countless other new shooters, both in person and on the forum, and never had any complaints that I was being mean. In fact, I gave the same advice in your thread looking for a WML for your pistol and when it was all said and done, you thanked me for it.

What I said was 100% said to help, not discourage.

Also - point of order: After the answer of “yes”, it was you that continued the conversation trying to justify your assumption. If you didn’t respond, the thread would have ended there.

Anyway, good luck with the optic.

• Agree 1

Just as a point of reference, I find no issues with your purchase. The optic should serve you well for its purpose. I own the holosun 510, made in china. I would take it over an eotech all day long. 

The romeo5 is on most people's list for a well made budget optic. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

Just as a point of reference, I find no issues with your purchase. The optic should serve you well for its purpose. I own the holosun 510, made in china. I would take it over an eotech all day long. 

The romeo5 is on most people's list for a well made budget optic. 

Agreed

• Agree 1

I picked up the Primary Arms SLx MD-25 Rotary Knob 25mm Microdot when they were in stock, I don’t have a lot of experience with red dots but do like this one, glass is clear and it does what it’s designed to do, I am sure I could have done better but for a first red dot I’m very happy. Made in China also.  

• Thanks 1