Tonester2

A quick introduction

OK, take two on my intro post. Hello everyone. Although I'm new to this forum I'm certainly not new to shooting. I bought my first handgun and rifle nearly 30 years ago. I've been on and off with shooting (mostly off) but recently I've started shooting again. I just bought my second handgun a couple of months ago and I'm looking to get another rifle so I'm hoping to learn a few things before I pull the trigger (pun intended).

• Like 1

Hi! 

Awesome that you're getting back into shooting! I'm sure if you have questions there's plenty of brilliant minds here that can help answer them, so don't be shy and post those too! I saw your other post, and you said you were interested in an "other". What's drawing you towards that instead of a traditional AR style rifle? What's on your pros/ cons list? 

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Ms. 12 Gauge said:

Hi! 

Awesome that you're getting back into shooting! I'm sure if you have questions there's plenty of brilliant minds here that can help answer them, so don't be shy and post those too! I saw your other post, and you said you were interested in an "other". What's drawing you towards that instead of a traditional AR style rifle? What's on your pros/ cons list? 

Hi. the main thing that draws me to an Other firearm is the front grip and the rear pistol grip. I just feel that having those 2 types of touch points will make it more comfortable and stable when shooting. I have a 22 LR rifle (Marlin Model 60) and since it is a very easy rifle to handle and shoot, I just don't find the way how I grip it to be that natural.

56 minutes ago, Tonester2 said:

Hi. the main thing that draws me to an Other firearm is the front grip and the rear pistol grip. I just feel that having those 2 types of touch points will make it more comfortable and stable when shooting. I have a 22 LR rifle (Marlin Model 60) and since it is a very easy rifle to handle and shoot, I just don't find the way how I grip it to be that natural.

I don't have an "other" but I do have a couple of standard AR style rifles. They are really easy to shoot and they have pistol grips. I like to hold mine by the mag well with my left hand. I just don't feel as comfortable with my arm extended down the hand guard. You should try a few out before you "pull the trigger" :) to find what features you like in actual use. Then you might even be interested in building your own so it can truly fit you like a glove!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ms. 12 Gauge said:

I don't have an "other" but I do have a couple of standard AR style rifles. They are really easy to shoot and they have pistol grips. I like to hold mine by the mag well with my left hand. I just don't feel as comfortable with my arm extended down the hand guard. You should try a few out before you "pull the trigger" :) to find what features you like in actual use. Then you might even be interested in building your own so it can truly fit you like a glove!

Thanks. I will definitely hold both versions to get a feel for them.