FDHog

FFL Highlands Area

6 minutes ago, FDHog said:

I feel like I'm at the end of the universe out here by Sandy Hook.

There used to be a gun shop right in Highlands, Ray's maybe, I forget it's been so long.  They closed about 15 years ago.  Sad. 

It's not much closer than HGW but give Solomon's in Farmingdale a try.  Gene has weird hours but he's a good guy.  Last time I used him FFL fee was $25.

3 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

There used to be a gun shop right in Highlands, Ray's maybe, I forget it's been so long.  They closed about 15 years ago.  Sad. 

It's not much closer than HGW but give Solomon's in Farmingdale a try.  Gene has weird hours but he's a good guy.  Last time I used him FFL fee was $25.

Arjay Sportsman Shop. It was on First Ave in Atlantic Highlands. I used ride my bike to buy archery stuff there when I was in grammar school. Bought my second car  - 1976 super beetle - from the owner when I was 18. Good people. I was bummed when they closed up shop.

It’s a Hippy Art Gallery now.

4 hours ago, chocodove said:

Modern Materiel used to do transfers, but not sure if they still do. Maybe give them a call. 

I’m pretty sure they are not doing the FFL thing anymore for the public. they are concentrating on keeping up with the demand for tier carbines and SBFs.

3 hours ago, FDHog said:

Nothing is convenient to me. I feel like I'm at the end of the universe out here by Sandy Hook.

I’m right there with ya bud - grew up in Atlantic and now I’m in the Hillside section of Navesink. There’s nothing close. If I needed something today, I’d go see Steve at Monmouth Arms. Sent other locals there and all had good results.

10 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

I’m right there with ya bud - grew up in Atlantic and now I’m in the Hillside section of Navesink. There’s nothing close. If I needed something today, I’d go see Steve at Monmouth Arms. Sent other locals there and all had good results.

Used Steve for my last lower. Great guy, just weird hours. Will probably end up using him again. Just sucks having to drive 40 min. But at least it's a 2'fer. One of my daughters lives right across the road.

21 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

Arjay Sportsman Shop

That's the place.   I used to go there often when I was into duck hunting.  I remember they had great prices on Carhartt too.  The waning interest  in duck hunting killed that place. I confused it  with Ray's further north.  They are closed too. : (