Tonester2

Personal Ammo Inventory

29 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Well, if you have any ammo left when you die, you can always line the inside of your casket with it.. :dontknow:

I told my daughters that when I die, please bury me with one of my .45's and a couple of boxes of ammo.

I'll be damned if I'm coming back as an UNARMED ZOMBIE !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, njJoniGuy said:

I told my daughters that when I die, please bury me with one of my .45's and a couple of boxes of ammo.

I'll be damned if I'm coming back as an UNARMED ZOMBIE !!

along with a leather neck gaitor, and a kevlar helmet. if yer plannin on comin back as a zombie, may as well defend the only part that will kill ya......which is loss of yer head

Good idea on the gaitor and kevlar!

Back in '96 we sent my Dad off with one of his bowling balls and a bowling pin in his coffin. And ABC patches in his pockets. That way, whichever direction he went, he had his gear ( and some cred! )

47 minutes ago, Bt Doctur said:

just a short list

for the components 10K each for each cal.

not stored in 1 place, 22 brick of .22`s,  21 boxes of 9mm, case of 12 and 20 ga slugs

10K rounds each? Wow, that's a lot. I don't know if I'm going that route but I like the idea of not storing it all in one place. Thanks.

1 minute ago, mustang69 said:

How much to buy?  Just 1 more box...

That's like the cyclists' "N+1" mantra when asked how many bikes one should have. The answer is N+1 where "N" is the number of bikes you currently have. You always need one more bike. Right now I have 7 complete bikes in my garage and 1 I'm currently in the process of building.

On 2/12/2021 at 9:05 PM, Tonester2 said:

I'm wondering how much ammo per firearm or ammo type everyone keeps or what the appropriate amount is normal. I don't know what, if any, is the legal limit on the amount of ammo a private citizen can have in their home in NJ but I want to make sure I keep an adequate amount without looking like I'm about the overthrow a government. I have 3 firearms that uses 3 different rounds and I want to make sure I have enough of all 3 varieties.

Back in like 2004 or whenever the shortage under bush was, I got screwed bad enough to start stocking a years worth of stuff. Then with Obama coming into office, I started stacking 4 years and replenishing on sales when at the 2 year mark for inventory and top up at least a year prior to a presidential election.  I might move that to a 6 or 8 year supply topping up after 2 years of drawing on inventory, but that will require me to load more ammo faster. 

4 hours ago, raz-0 said:

Back in like 2004 or whenever the shortage under bush was, I got screwed bad enough to start stocking a years worth of stuff. Then with Obama coming into office, I started stacking 4 years and replenishing on sales when at the 2 year mark for inventory and top up at least a year prior to a presidential election.  I might move that to a 6 or 8 year supply topping up after 2 years of drawing on inventory, but that will require me to load more ammo faster. 

You say that like it's a BAD thing !

• Haha 1