Jump to content
always_an_eagle

Premier Biden is coming! Joe Biden issues statement on action for Gun Control on Parkland anniversary!

Recommended Posts

Straight from the horse's mouth so to speak: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/02/14/statement-by-the-president-three-years-after-the-parkland-shooting/

This is the first presumptive strike on restricting gun rights for the new administration. Now its more important than ever to get involved, spread the word and to get more people recognizing and practicing their Second Amendment rights!

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, um, while impeachment 2.0 traveled down a road to nowhere, this is what they were working on.  Just like I said.  Gun ban and working on packing SCOTUS or maybe strongly encouraging a retirement so they can avenge Darth Bader Ginsberg.  I don't think we are getting the whole story about what up in the hizzy.  Jen Psaki is really good about circling back on questions that never seem to get answered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, father-of-three said:

Even though I saw on another forum today that 2020 by itself had something like 23 million gun purchases, I doubt that even that would sway either New Jersey senator to listen to us.

Before 2020, 10% percent of the NJ population owned firearms, that number went up to 30%. Surely that has to do something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, always_an_eagle said:

Before 2020, 10% percent of the NJ population owned firearms, that number went up to 30%. Surely that has to do something.

Man, I hope so. I wonder how the millions of new gun owners will react when they have ever increasing draconian controls placed on their legally purchased weapons by the oh so inclusive democratic party? A big showdown is coming in the near future between gun owners of all political affiliations, race/creed etc and the new regime. I predict these  upcoming events will mimic what happened in the 1920's and 30's during the Weimar republic. The way out of this is non-compliance, a movement of non-compliance. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

19 minutes ago, marlintag said:

Man, I hope so. I wonder how the millions of new gun owners will react when they have ever increasing draconian controls placed on their legally purchased weapons by the oh so inclusive democratic party? A big showdown is coming in the near future between gun owners of all political affiliations, race/creed etc and the new regime. I predict these  upcoming events will mimic what happened in the 1920's and 30's during the Weimar republic. The way out of this is non-compliance, a movement of non-compliance. 

You sir, broke the code!:)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, marlintag said:

Man, I hope so. I wonder how the millions of new gun owners will react when they have ever increasing draconian controls placed on their legally purchased weapons by the oh so inclusive democratic party? A big showdown is coming in the near future between gun owners of all political affiliations, race/creed etc and the new regime. I predict these  upcoming events will mimic what happened in the 1920's and 30's during the Weimar republic. The way out of this is non-compliance, a movement of non-compliance. 

Mass non compliance is the only way if the hammer of the federal government strikes. There are more guns than people in this country, even if the government bans all guns, they can't round them up. Its like saying if we ban drugs there will be no more people using drugs. If we look at history of prohibition of alcohol and drugs in this country, it has only brought out violence between gangs and law enforcement agencies, a lost of personal freedoms and rights, and mass incarceration and lost of life. Looking at New Jersey's gun control scheme: many of people, a good portion of those minorities, have been victims of the system here in this state. People from out of state, who travel in this state with a firearm who aren't on the up and up on NJ law getting arrested here for gun possession, many of those who are legal gun owners of their home state. It is messed up to see. Any more proposed gun control laws passing on the federal level will only ruin people's lives. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, always_an_eagle said:

Mass non compliance is the only way if the hammer of the federal government strikes. There are more guns than people in this country, even if the government bans all guns, they can't round them up. Its like saying if we ban drugs there will be no more people using drugs. If we look at history of prohibition of alcohol and drugs in this country, it has only brought out violence between gangs and law enforcement agencies, a lost of personal freedoms and rights, and mass incarceration and lost of life. Looking at New Jersey's gun control scheme: many of people, a good portion of those minorities, have been victims of the system here in this state. People from out of state, who travel in this state with a firearm who aren't on the up and up on NJ law getting arrested here for gun possession, many of those who are legal gun owners of their home state. It is messed up to see. Any more proposed gun control laws passing on the federal level will only ruin people's lives. 

I know I am preaching to the choir but there are two facts that will not change.

1) Taking guns from the good guys mean only the bad guys will be armed.

2) There aren't enough prisons to hold all of those who choose freedom over captivity!

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, always_an_eagle said:

Before 2020, 10% percent of the NJ population owned firearms, that number went up to 30%. Surely that has to do something.

Where did you get that number?

30% of the population would be almost 3 million firearm owners in N.J.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bomber said:

Where did you get that number?

30% of the population would be almost 3 million firearm owners in N.J.  

I remember reading it in a NJ.com article about all the NJ residents applying for gun permits and cleaning out the shelves, I may be wrong and misread that number. But in a 2019 article on NJ.com, the article stated that the estimated number of NJ gun owners are about 1 million people. 

Edited by always_an_eagle
More information

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, always_an_eagle said:

I remember reading it in a NJ.com article about all the NJ residents applying for gun permits and cleaning out the shelves, I may be wrong and misread that number. But in a 2019 article on NJ.com, the article stated that the estimated number of NJ gun owners are about 1 million people. 

Last I read it was 112,000 guns sold in N.J. through September of 2020. Even adding another 20,000 a month that is still less that 200,000 for the year. 

New Jersey has long way to go to get anywhere near 30%. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bomber said:

Last I read it was 112,000 guns sold in N.J. through September of 2020. Even adding another 20,000 a month that is still less that 200,000 for the year. 

New Jersey has long way to go to get anywhere near 30%. 

I must of misinterpted the data, my mistake. But we can all agree that there has been an increase of gun owners in NJ in 2020. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, always_an_eagle said:

Mass non compliance is the only way if the hammer of the federal government strikes. There are more guns than people in this country, even if the government bans all guns, they can't round them up. Its like saying if we ban drugs there will be no more people using drugs.

There could be mass non compliance for registration, but guess what, they just neutered those gun owners. Those guns will never see the light of day again, will never go to the range, and if by chance you use one for self defense, you go to jail, no chance of a defense.

If you have a fire, and the fire department and police come to help, and find your "stash", guess what happens. Have a break-in, and police come to take a report, and see your gun safe? Guess what happens next?

The time to stop this crap is BEFORE the law is passed. After it's  signed into law, you're SOL.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JohnnyB said:

 

@Sniper, How do we stop this crap is BEFORE the law is passed? By NOT voting for Republicans?:lol:

I will be honest, both major political parties suck, not on this issue but many other issues also. Whine and moan as much as you want, the national democratic platform actively wants to turn me and everyone on this forum into criminals. The Republicans on the national level haven't been actively pushing pro-2a policies and reforming the laws. The first two years of Trumps term, they could of done national recopcity with conceal carry or reforming the NFA, but they did jack, and now look were we are right now. 

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes,  both parties suck!  The republican party sucks less than the Democratic party and can be saved by voting out the Rinos! Third parties never win and only serve to keep the Dems in power. 

The trick is we must vote Republican but ONLY for the RIGHT Republicans!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Sniper said:

There could be mass non compliance for registration, but guess what, they just neutered those gun owners.

The time to stop this crap is BEFORE the law is passed. After it's  signed into law, you're SOL.

The laws here in N.J. were passed years ago, we're already SOL:  FID cards, intrusive background checks, 10 round mags, 1 gun a month, handgun purchase permits (registration), N.J. compliant AR's, etc. 

What they're pushing is N.J. type laws applied on the national level. Thats going to be a tough sell in congress. Biden has nearly zero political capital and this is not 1994.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JohnnyB said:

@Sniper, How do we stop this crap is BEFORE the law is passed? By NOT voting for Republicans?

How about taking a page out of the Antifa/BLM playbook for starters.

Or, just continue to vote Republican... because reasons.... you know, The Definition of Insanity..... because voting Republican, like Always an Eagle said above, has reaped such great benefits... right?

53 minutes ago, Bomber said:

The laws here in N.J. were passed years ago, we're already SOL:  FID cards, intrusive background checks, 10 round mags, 1 gun a month, handgun purchase permits (registration), N.J. compliant AR's, etc. 

Thanks for making my point... Nobody pushed back BEFORE they were signed into law, so you see the final result of sitting on your hands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bomber said:

Where did you get that number?

30% of the population would be almost 3 million firearm owners in N.J.  

I'm not sure that I buy either number.  A study published in April of 2020 found that just under 15% of NJ households owned a gun.  About 1,000,000 total homes.  I know that number is up since then but I doubt that it reached 30%.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, always_an_eagle said:

Before 2020, 10% percent of the NJ population owned firearms, that number went up to 30%. Surely that has to do something.

 

11 hours ago, always_an_eagle said:

Before 2020, 10% percent of the NJ population owned firearms, that number went up to 30%. Surely that has to do something.

My fear that there is only a small percentage of either of those numbers that have a significant understanding of the second amendment.  In New Jersey, both houses are about 30% republican at best, but that includes RINOS, which sadly, are kind of common here.

Calls, emails, and donations to pro 2a groups are always encouraged, now more than ever.  We are not New Zealand.  We have millions more guns than New Zealand has people, and yes, I hope that means something good in our favor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Biden.....   Nope.....

But we know the Dems will get 57 votes,   So not enough for cloture...unless they use their BS plan of making it a budget balancing bill like they did when they could not legally pass Obama Care and passed it illegally.

So.... expect more illegal Biden Executive Orders.  I can’t wait to ignore those illegal decrees.

And where...by the way.... are the court challenges to these EO’s? I recall just one from Texas........ That's a rhetorical question.   I seriously doubt we would see challenges by Rs to 2A Executive Orders. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 2 cents.....

Biden can (and will) bluster and talk about this, but he does not have the political power to make anything of it outside of an EO. If he tries to EO gun control, all hell will break loose. AGs from about 30 states will sue to stop it.

Who we really need to be afraid of is Murphy 2.0. If he gets re-elected, he will continue his gun control agenda. He has nothing but distain for us and the 2A. If I am not mistaken, he is on record saying he wants NJ to be #1 in the US for gun control. I can easily see Murphy pushing a ban on the AR/AK, a ban on the "other" firearms, and perhaps even an attempt to ban everything semi-auto.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dajonga said:

I can easily see Murphy pushing a ban on the AR/AK, a ban on the "other" firearms, and perhaps even an attempt to ban everything semi-auto.

First they banned military style rifles, the AR-15 by name.  No NATO or military chambers, no Flash hider, No bayo lug, no collapsible stock.   We worked around it by building rifles with only one "evil feature", the pistol grip.  I remember when the Colt Match was chambered in .223 only.  The one evil feature rifle was born.

Then they started squeezing magazine capacity

Then they messed with pistol grips

Now that they have sufficiently disempowered 2A, and have control of all three branches, the only roadblock are the Trump circuit court judges and SCOTUS.  They are working on that, I'm sure of it.  It may take a while, but they will put something together and force it through.  It will be called gun safety or some BS name.  It will get done before the midterm elections.

Once they enact AWB 2.0, (through executive fiat) they will acknowledge that the AR-15 is no different than any other semi-auto, an argument we have been using for decades.  They will turn it around on us and finally admit they are not banning cosmetic features, but mechanical function.  Grandpa's 742 and dad's Marlin Camp 9 will be on the chopping block too.

In order to not create too large a ruckus, they won't ban semi-auto pistols.  Pistols are not their main concern anyway because in their eyes it's what the scum under them use to murder each other. The elite have little to be concerned about when it comes to handguns.  

They do take every opportunity to exploit mass shootings where an AR-15 was used.  but again, to them, it's just peons killing other peons.  Just an isolated shocking incident to use as a foothold towards their ultimate goal of protecting themselves.  What they are most afraid of is a rifle that can be used in an offensive manner.  Pistols can be easily defeated with body armor and bullet proof glass.  Rifles can penetrate all but the most robust armor.

Hypothetically, if our government was to ever become so corrupt as to spark a revolution or a civil war, there can only be resistance if the people own high power rifles.  Once they take away semi-auto rifles, we will be no better off than Venezuela after Chavez took over.  Only the right kind of people will be allowed to own or possess rifles.  As it so happens, the dems are handily on their way to drawing the lines between their vision of the right kind of people and the undesirables.  2A is just another objective in the cancel culture.   Woke socialist vs white supremacist capitalist patriotic pig, even if you are not white, then you are (their words, not mine) an uncle tom house nizzy.

It's coming people, I don't know when or how, but it is coming.  The super sad thing about all of it, is it will have little or nothing to do with social justice or equality.  We are being manipulated by the elite class who look upon us as nothing more than well paid slaves.

 

 

 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dajonga said:

 

Who we really need to be afraid of is Murphy 2.0. If he gets re-elected, he will continue his gun control agenda. He has nothing but distain for us and the 2A. If I am not mistaken, he is on record saying he wants NJ to be #1 in the US for gun control. I can easily see Murphy pushing a ban on the AR/AK, a ban on the "other" firearms, and perhaps even an attempt to ban everything semi-auto.

Right. Murphy would have no problem with implementing NY or CA style laws in N.J.

He is just biding his time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

First they banned military style rifles, the AR-15 by name.  No NATO or military chambers, no Flash hider, No bayo lug, no collapsible stock.   We worked around it by building rifles with only one "evil feature", the pistol grip.  I remember when the Colt Match was chambered in .223 only.  The one evil feature rifle was born.

Then they started squeezing magazine capacity

Then they messed with pistol grips

Now that they have sufficiently disempowered 2A, and have control of all three branches, the only roadblock are the Trump circuit court judges and SCOTUS.  They are working on that, I'm sure of it.  It may take a while, but they will put something together and force it through.  It will be called gun safety or some BS name.  It will get done before the midterm elections.

Once they enact AWB 2.0, (through executive fiat) they will acknowledge that the AR-15 is no different than any other semi-auto, an argument we have been using for decades.  They will turn it around on us and finally admit they are not banning cosmetic features, but mechanical function.  Grandpa's 742 and dad's Marlin Camp 9 will be on the chopping block too.

In order to not create too large a ruckus, they won't ban semi-auto pistols.  Pistols are not their main concern anyway because in their eyes it's what the scum under them use to murder each other. The elite have little to be concerned about when it comes to handguns.  

They do take every opportunity to exploit mass shootings where an AR-15 was used.  but again, to them, it's just peons killing other peons.  Just an isolated shocking incident to use as a foothold towards their ultimate goal of protecting themselves.  What they are most afraid of is a rifle that can be used in an offensive manner.  Pistols can be easily defeated with body armor and bullet proof glass.  Rifles can penetrate all but the most robust armor.

Hypothetically, if our government was to ever become so corrupt as to spark a revolution or a civil war, there can only be resistance if the people own high power rifles.  Once they take away semi-auto rifles, we will be no better off than Venezuela after Chavez took over.  Only the right kind of people will be allowed to own or possess rifles.  As it so happens, the dems are handily on their way to drawing the lines between their vision of the right kind of people and the undesirables.  2A is just another objective in the cancel culture.   Woke socialist vs white supremacist capitalist patriotic pig, even if you are not white, then you are (their words, not mine) an uncle tom house nizzy.

It's coming people, I don't know when or how, but it is coming.  The super sad thing about all of it, is it will have little or nothing to do with social justice or equality.  We are being manipulated by the elite class who look upon us as nothing more than well paid slaves.

 

 

 

Unfortunately, I don't think that you are wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



  •  

    alderfer921.jpg

  • olight.jpg

    Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

  • Supporting Vendors

  • Latest Topics

  • Similar Content

    • By Silent Service
      I happened across this on Politifact.com as I was researching another topic. Politifact seems to be unbiased, but please let me know if anyone has info to the contrary.
       
      The subject concerns a Providence City, Rhode Island council resolution claiming that semi-auto weapons were designed for military use. Another knee jerk biased resolution based on conjecture. Assuming of course that the information contained herein is accurate!
       
      The subject heading of the article is this:
       
      "Semi-automatic weapons, whether pistol or rifle, were designed for use by the military on the battlefield."
      Providence City Council on Thursday, January 3rd, 2013 in a council resolution
       
      Here is the link:
      http://www.politifac...laims-semi-aut/
       
      I'm a firm believer that the inoculation of the 2nd amendment is only a prelude to a further erosion or complete abandonment of (whats left of) the Constitution.
       
      "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”
      Joseph Goebbels
      (Hitlers master propogandist)
  • Posts

    • Looking to sell a basic NJ compliant Smith & Wesson M&P 15 Sport II rifle in 5.56/.223 with, at best, 200 rounds down the rifle. Works beautifully and will include (1) 10 round magazine.  Willing to meet within 30-45 minutes of Burlington at your FFL or can go through mine. Obviously must have FID, permit, etc. as required by the state for an FFL to do a transfer. All FFL fees to be paid by buyer. The first to post "I'll take it" wins the sale. Asking $625 or best reasonable offer.
    • OK, Here we go! I have been into reloading (.. generally, .. successfully, ... still with 19 or so appendages/digits) for about 12 years now. Basically, 9, 38, 40S&W, and 45- 3 types. I do well and am pleased with my results; I stay within guidelines and don't get too creative. I have availed myself of the wealth of info available on the net and in published manuals. ( I give a particular shout out to Cast Boolits) In light of events recently I have modernized/upgraded my equipment and still try to keep it simple; I do like the Lee products for obvious reasons. I also track roughly the number of rounds that I load. ( currently, completed around 15 - 20 thousand rounds, over the course of those 12 years) [.. and still with 19 or so ...] In my modernization I have attempted to concentrate on quality, ... rather than quantity. I have singled out 38 special as it is my favorite caliber and what I shoot the most of. I can regularly build a round that 10 out of 20 will hit the scoring rings of a 25 yard target, at 25 yards, from a sand bag, with the balance still on the 8 1/2 x 11 target paper. If I could shoot free hand like this I would be a Merc!!!!    NOW!! Here we go. I would like to pick the brains of the best out there and start a dialogue possibly about how different aspects of the reloading process effect performance of the round. I really WOULD like to limit the talk to the 38 special and we are talking bullseye type target shooting here at 25 yards. I'm not particularly asking for load data or what you shoot successfully; I am very curious as to whether anyone has any info on some of the more elusive and non published info; how does powder brand/ variation of charge  ( 3.2 grns Bullseye vs. 2.9 grns on a 148 gr. wadcautter)  (crimping in the groove, over the end)  ( HP 38 vs. Universal)  Does the powder brand/charge/crimp effect velocity that will engage the rifling and just HOW! HOW MUCH DIFFERENCE does a CCI primer make as compared to a Remington? Will you get a "fall off" .. wider spread .. "flyer" ...??  For example, I have recently learned that 38 special cases with a double cannulure were manufactured as wad cutter cases! (thinner wall, and interior stop?) When you load a wad cutter in a "heavy" (thicker) Winchester or Remington case, and run it through the factory crimp/sizer you can "feel" it being squished down. This has to effect engagement of the rifling in the barrel? Considering the different burn rates, ignoring what "everyone likes" how do you select a powder for a 125 grain rnfp bullet?  Did anyone ever get this nutso crazy or is it just me?  ..................  Oh! .. and while you are at it, could you solve world hunger, ... and take care of the reloading primer situation!    I personally shoot a S&W 586   6" bbl,    Ruger Match Champion 4' BBl. ,    S&W Mod 67 4" bbl    and a Rossi Mod 52 3" bbl.  From these I draw my data.  I have used new Starline brass, once fired and new Remington and Winchester brass,  plusP nickel brass, and "wad cutter brass" from Winchester, Federal, and Remington. I regularly load X-treme 125 gr rnfp and coated 148 gr wad cutters over Bullseye, 231, HP38, Titegroup, and Universal in the specified load ranges. Have experimented with other bullet brands and weights but no real difference. In my modernization I am also using a Hornady powder trickler and digital scale.    .... PANT, ...PANT, ... PANT!!!!    Done, now!           ..... am I expecting too much ....?                   Thanks, Guys
×
×
  • Create New...