Grapeshot

Now that shooting has become so expensive

I've decided to find a cheaper hobby.

Like Yachting.

And here's a solar powered one:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicoletrilivas/2020/05/11/solar-powered-yacht-serenity-yachts-tesla-of-yachts/?sh=169688a46471

"My name is Elmer J. Fudd, millionaire. I own a mansion und a yacht"

Shootin' clays off the back of the yacht is looking better and better.

• Haha 2

Boats are for people who like to do things you need a boat for.  If you like Fishing, SCUBA diving, or cruising  you need a boat.

It's an expense you take on for what you like to do. Like ammo and guns for shooting, clubs and green fees for golf, airplanes and maintenance for flying (that really gets expensive).

When I was doing a lot of wreck diving in the old days I couldn't do that without a boat.  It also gave me overnight accommodations so I could go diving Friday after work and Saturday and Sunday.  It worked for me.

A friend had a double ender sailboat to cruise the Caribbean for a couple of years after he retired.  It worked for him.

Most people buy too much boat and spend a lot more than they need to.

Boats are a hole in the water into which you pour money. Break Out Another Thousand. Lol

Want to maintain your rifle shooting skills but ammo is scarce or expensive?? 
Buy a crossbow and a crossbow rated target. Ammo is re-useable. 

Personally, I prefer reverse draw crossbows, the balance more like an AR. This usually means that the bow is a little more expensive, but not too bad. 

They are surprisingly accurate....and fun as hell to shoot!! 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, silverado427 said:

Bring On Another Thousand.  

Naah.  Just get an older, used Royalex canoe in good shape and some paddles.  

10 hours ago, GRIZ said:

When I was doing a lot of wreck diving in the old days I couldn't do that without a boat.  It also gave me overnight accommodations so I could go diving Friday after work and Saturday and Sunday.  It worked for me.

I didn't know you were a wreck diver!  I've spent a lot of time exploring the shipwrecks of NJ and NY.   It's amazing how much underwater history is out there.  Seafood, too.   :)

I was never tempted to get my own boat, though.   Spent a lot of days and more than a few nights on the local dive boats.  It's a shame so many of them stopped running...Seeker, John Jack, Wahoo, Diversion, Blue Fathoms, Outlaw...all gone.

5 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

Boats are a hole in the water into which you pour money. Break Out Another Thousand. Lol

2 hours ago, Fishypete said:

Boating is still much more expensive.  Trust me.  

Yep.... I can attest to that. I had a boat for years here, and we used it out on the bay. Eventually, the attraction (and the constant maintainence, time and money spent) gets old for the ROI... So, I sold it and went on to other fun things.

Wifey still asks, "Should we get another boat?"... My response... not in THIS lifetime..  :sarcastic: